RishBala OS : New Year's Eve

infinity_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Hey MB'ians,

This is my first OS on Madhubala. I'm a regular member of this forum, but I'm usually a silent reader. But the abundance of talent of here has inspired and encouraged me to take uo my long left hobby, and here I am with a One Shot. 

New Year's Eve. . .

"No Biwi, I will not have all those fools around me!" he said with an edge to his tone.

"They are not fools, they are your family. . ." catching the hardening of his eyes, she corrected "the closest you have to a family RK. "

RK rolled his eyes and turned towards the script in his hands.

He hadn't cut their conversation nor had he walked away like the last time when she broached the subject, taking that as a positive sign Madhu continued.

"Even my family will be there, and we will all celebrate New Year's together. I've never been away from my family for New Year's and I don't want to be away for this time also, and I also want to be with you. . ." she almost whispered the last part. 

RK looked up from the paper in his hands to her downcast eyes and her quivering lips, though in his heart of hearts he knew she was doing all this for him, to re-unite him and his mother. He just didn't want to share her with anyone. Not even her own family. Especially not on their first New Year's night. He had actually been planning on a very private affair, but oh well, Madhu was Madhu and she wanted or rather needed to see everyone around her smiling for her own happiness. 

So he mumbled his consent incoherently. And the very next second was hit with a mass of soft flesh. He grinned and smoothed her long tresses and hugged her back. 

"Thank you so much, RK" she said jubilantly and hopped of his lap.

"Now where are you going to?" he asked already missing her warmth and affection.

"To arrange for the party!" she said and skipped her way out of the vanity van.

RK shook his head and went back to his script.

Now, as he stood in the corner of the room lazily leaning over the bar. He was actually glad he had agreed for the party. Madhu had promised that the party would be small, and it would be just their families and Bittu Ji and it would be a quiet affair. But the presence of Sikki and Mr. Bhatia who were as loud and noisy as ten men under the influence of alcohol and the screechy tone of Dipali who kept mentioning his name out aloud every now and then to get his attention made it no where near to a quiet affair. 

But he could zone it all out.

In fact, it was always like he could only see her, her sparkling eyes , the slight tint of rosy hue which adorned her cheeks when she saw him staring at her intently and he could only hear her, her tinkling laughter, her melodious voice as she laughed and replied to his mother. The rest of the world seemed hazy for him and everything seemed to move in slow motion, just like it did in movies. He smirked at his filmi-ness and took another sip of the drink he held and decided to look around the room for once, with genuine curiosity. 

In one corner, were Bittu Ji and Mallik, talking away and he was sure it was about the film world and its pros and cons. He liked both of them, both were equally loyal to the people they loved. Just a little distance away from them were Roma, Trishna, his Sasu maa and his mother. All the ladies seemed in their best elements, all of them smiling away and conversing politely. 

Just the mere presence of Madhu in the room seemed, to have lightened everyone's moods and he was happy that every one were enjoying them selves, not that he cared, but it would all please Madhu very much.

He turned right to see the terrible three with sour looks on their faces. He couldn't be bothered much about them, not on a pleasant evening like this, and he scanned the rest of the room to see his sweetheart. 

Where was she?

"Ahem ... patidev?" he heard her voice from his other side.

"Oh you were here..." he exhaled.

"Yeah, I just came here when you were desperately searching for me. ." she replied in a playful voice. 

RK looked embarrassed upon being caught. 

He then pulled her against him and held her close. 

"You are the only one who can walk away with teasing me. . ." he whispered as he breathed in her scent.

"I know!" she replied with all the world's love in her eyes.

"So, just a few seconds are left for the new year now, lets start the count down!" cut in Bittu Ji's voice.
Madhu started a little on hearing his voice and pulled herself away from his embrace, wondering how easliy they got lost in their own bubble when they were together. She was about to walk away. When she felt his hand tugging hers. He shook his head slightly, expressing his wish that he wanted her beside him.

A deep crimson shade crept on her cheeks as she acceded and he held her waist and started counting with the others.

"10, 9, 8,7. . ."

She looked up at him, and smiled to herself. I'll never go away from you no matter what, she resolved.

"6,5,4,3. . "

He looked to find her intently gazing at him and moved his hand over her forehead, moving a little of her wayward hair to the side.I'll do anything in this world to keep you happy, he resolved.

"2,1. . "

He hugged her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Happy new year Madhu!" 

She glowed with happiness and hugged him hard.

"Happy new year RK!" 

And they were once again lost in their own world, both hugging each other, his head resting on hers and hers on heart and listening to his heartbeat. 

Yes, this was all they needed.

Comments and even criticism is welcome.

Hope, y'all have a slendid '13.
Happy New Year!

-Sharmi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tabby999 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
lovely 😊😊
awesome
enjoyed reading it
hope u will write more for them 👏👏
tharuTWA thumbnail
VERY NICE OS,I REALLY ENJOYED IT!😛
sonukidd thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail + 2
lovely os
do write more on rishabala <3
shewolf thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
res res res :D <3

*edit*

you should write more 😳 hmph. I demand more :P

coming to the OS! :) it was just plain adorable, all happy just like you :P 😆 its so touching that even the mare thought that Madhu would be away from RK for maybe just hours makes him sad..sort of :) and Madhu being all shy and coy, a beautiful OS in all :D

write more, cause ilyy<3 😆
Edited by ..SheWolf.. - 11 years ago
-Pritt- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely!
Write more, this was terrific! 
👏
ForeverForU thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
amazing OS...you are a talented writer..please write more often
Rafangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
excellent...loved it...i hope cvs read it n implement it
...Seema... thumbnail
Thanx for giving such a nice new yr gift.nice os.wish u too a v happy and prosperous 2013.
siyana thumbnail
Awesome os

loved it very much