Astitva Ek Prem Kahani
Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

did you know????? (Page 2)

kkkripa Senior Member
kkkripa
kkkripa

Posted: 15 May 2005 at 2:31pm | IP Logged

Hi guys

Im a great fan of Nikki aneja walia......no idea whether she was suppose to play Nisha in hahk......but ofcourse she was approached for Yes Boss....when Juhi herself opted out ,but later when she jumped back in the producer then wanted Nikki to do Kashmira shah's role....which Nikki denied.She has done some good serials like gharwali uparwhaali,sea-hawks to name a few but she was not definitely cheap in baat ban jaaye....she did wear some western outfits but not  skimpy ones....& during then she use to be thin so it suited her very well......i personally dont think wearing a short skirt or short pants or noodle strap makes the body look cheap as long as one can take them of well....& especially  she was playing a teenager in that serial  unlike Astitva.
few years back i ad seen her in an intrview on sony ......i dont remember the serials name but the host was Archana puran singh & in that inteview nikki  mentioned that she's not living with her parents anymore coz of some differences....& that she's staying alone & she actually said no more movies coz Mr. Azad was a bad experience.

cheers.

RikNik Groupbie
RikNik
RikNik

Posted: 15 May 2005 at 7:15pm | IP Logged

am quite surprised to know about the differences Niki had with her family. What I have been given to understand is that she is extremely close to her mother and sisters and her father too when he was alive.

I have personally never seen or read any of her interviews. Saw a few rapid fire questions on a programe on Zee TV called "Kahiye Toh".

Cheers

Khushalay Goldie
Khushalay
Khushalay

Posted: 16 May 2005 at 12:27am | IP Logged
ok if she was the first choice for the role of nisha then y she didn't do that.
mitila Groupbie
mitila
mitila

Posted: 16 May 2005 at 5:23am | IP Logged

nandinee,

plz dont post your personal opinion here.....i dont know who ever told you that she was cheap and chaloo. may be u donot like nikki, thats why.

i have seen her from sea hawks (later in piyaa binaa, gharwali uparwali) and i think she's a good actress , does justice to her roles and thats what as viewers we should be worried about.

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 17 May 2005 at 2:04am | IP Logged

Nandinee, Mitila is right. Judging anyone by the place they live or the way they wear their clothes is pretty mean. If someone wants to get stardom at any cost, then it is their business.

However, Nikki does not come from a poor family. She is the youngest of her family and wanted to be a pilot.He family was not very keen on it so to arrange for the money required for the training she had taken up modelling assignments and later on acting. She had a lot of support from her cousin Parmeet and his wife Archana during the early days. Her family faced some problems when her father suddenly died. So she stopped pursuing her flying ambition and concentrated on earning money instead as for that time period her family had come to depend on her financially.

I too saw that interview on that health show and I was blown away by her quiet grit and determination. She was simple, straight and dignified.

RikNik Groupbie
RikNik
RikNik

Posted: 17 May 2005 at 11:38am | IP Logged

I thought Niki's father died about 2 years ago -- which is after she was married and Astitva went on air. Don't know for sure. I always thought that she was from an affluent family and am surprised to know that the family depended on her for financial support. Whatever the circumstances, the lady has come out a winner.

The success and popularity of Astitva can be majorly attributed to her.

Kudos to her superlative performance!!

nandinee Senior Member
nandinee
nandinee

Posted: 18 May 2005 at 1:32am | IP Logged

well everyone i think u guys hv misunderstood me! i personally really like nikki.. so i don't hv any personal grudges against her.. and hence i didn't write all tht in a rage..

i just wrote wht i had been hearing and what i hv known of her since i was a baby.. & thts when she was in school with my cuzin.. my cuzin knows her & her entire family.. they were classmates & frnds..i'm not bluffing abt anything.. i'm just saying facts..

and i again repeat she did want stardom @ any cost.. i dont know d reason y.. whether it was for money/fame/recognition/financial constraints or whatever..

anyways theres nothin for anyone to take it personally.. we are just talkin over a character and thts abt it.. & yes i don't hv any personal reasons to not like her.. infact i adore her and her acting in astitva.. she is just too good..

nandinee Senior Member
nandinee
nandinee

Posted: 18 May 2005 at 1:34am | IP Logged

and one more.. i know gaining stardom at any cost is her problem... i was just giving information...

but you all took it too seriously.. anyways 4get abt it...

we all don't hv anythin to do with her personally.. its all abt astitva & her character dr.simran!

cheers..

Go to top