India-Forums

Astitva Ek Prem Kahani
Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

did you know?????

mitila Groupbie
mitila
mitila

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:21pm | IP Logged

did you guys know that nikki aneja was supposed to be cast as nisha (the lead role played by madhuri dixit) for sooraj bharjatya's hum aapke hain koun????? just imagine what a big break it would have been for nikki. may be then, she wouldn't have done tv serials and we would have missed her as dr.simran.

not only that, nikki met with a near-fatal road accident a couple of years ago... any one has any details regarding this?

dhruvmagic1 Newbie
dhruvmagic1
dhruvmagic1

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 12:07am | IP Logged

hi mitila,

i had seenan episode on zee tv, it was a health show, where nikki had told about her accident and how she overcome it.

she had the accident on the sets of ghar wali uparwali serial. there was a car scene and the car hit her ran on top of her. she had a blot clot for years and could get up from bed for years. she was the only earner in her family then, she ws also worried whether her husband now will marry her. with her detrmination and guts she coem out of that stage and now leads a normal life and yes is happily married. hats off to her courage and perseverance.

pooja

mitila Groupbie
mitila
mitila

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 5:17am | IP Logged
thanx pooja for your prompt reply.
RikNik Groupbie
RikNik
RikNik

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:34am | IP Logged

Hi Mitila & Pooja,

I was not aware of Niki being a contender for the role of "Nisha" in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun. But I do know that she starred in a David Dhawan movie almost 8-10 years ago opposite Anil Kapoor known as "Mr. Azaad". The movie was a super flop but Niki had a bad experience typical to newcomers in the film industry. Heard that she swore off roles on the big screen and went on to do several tv serials. She was also slated to do Juhi Chawla's role in Yes Boss. Also read that she was now open to roles in off-beat cinema.

Have read about her accident on the sets of Gharwali Uparwali -- but did not see her on "The Good Health Show". I remember reading that she was quite badly hurt when the driver stepped on the accelerator instead of the brakes thereby dragging her with the vehicle for a few feet. Heard she had injured her back and arm and was bed-ridden for several months. Am surprised to read from your post that she was bed-ridden for years!! From whatever I know about her -- I think she comes from quite an affluent family and her father owned a studio in Bombay. Can't digest the information given by you -- but then I have never seen any of her interviews -- all that I have is mere hearsay and from the net!!

All said and done I quite like the lady and comes across as quite cheerful in real life!!

Cheers!!

RikNik

principessa Senior Member
principessa
principessa

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:03pm | IP Logged

So, she was the first choice for "Nisha"! I didn't know that! It's hard for me to imagin another Nisha but Madhuri.. But, I guess Nikki would make a nice cute Nisha..

nandinee Senior Member
nandinee
nandinee

Posted: 15 May 2005 at 12:51am | IP Logged

no i dont agree.. she wasnt the first choice for nisha in HAHK...

she is also not from an affluent family...

she went to st. theresa's school in bombay @ santa cruz... and stayed in juhu... in a sidey society...

she was pretty cheap/ chaaloo kinda girl during her days... not at all well to do.. and wanted stardom @ any cost...

no wonder she went to any kind of serials & wore cheap/short clothes... i dont remember the name.. but there was one on zee with many actors.. including raakhee tandon & rohit roy... anyone remember the name? it was a comedy prgram... she was quite stupid & cheap in tht!

RikNik Groupbie
RikNik
RikNik

Posted: 15 May 2005 at 10:26am | IP Logged

The serial with Raakhee Tandon and Rohit Roy was called "Baat Ban Jaye" and was an absolute copy of "Three's Company". I think Niki looked quite nice in the serial -- she did wear shorts and stuff in the serial -- but was able to carry it off well with her slender frame. Although I must admit -- the director made them all overact in the serial and they were all quite loud.

She sure did live in Juhu prior to her marriage -- but was never hard up for money!!! Come on -- her father owned a studio in Bombay!! Can't believe that she wanted stardom at any cost. Seems like a pretty nice kid -- not one to compromise her dignity for roles.

But then -- I don't know her or anyone else who knows her -- so there is no way that I can verify the details. 

I like to see her on TV and have seen almost all her serials. Nice girl -- good to look at. Am glad to see that she is now happily married.

umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 15 May 2005 at 1:11pm | IP Logged

wowwwwww.....thanks...

Go to top