Debate Mansion

Do you think rape is a cultural problem? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 10:26am | IP Logged
No.  I don't think rape is a cultural problem.  It is endemic the world over.  Used as a weapon in many wars, against people, and I say people covering minors, male, female, transgender, as a form of violence, revenge and bullying.  The only cultural issue is that with chastity  in many countries it is regarded as taking a females' honour and demeaning to her and the family.  Therefore it is a shame and some narrow minded people will continue to cast aspersions and not let the victim or family move on.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrrocharminggenie

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you think rape is a cultural problem? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Yes, yes. Yes times infinity. 

Rape is a cultural problem. I could not agree more with your argument, topic maker. It does not matter how far we've come and how much our country develops or how quickly we adopt things Modern. The truth is the outlook both men and women in our country have is the same. And it is that fact that men and women are two very different species and that women are supposed to be dominated by men. It's like a bylaw of our culture. Like a man raping a woman whose outside the her house at night is a natural force! Like a man treating his wife like a lesser being even after say, two decades of marriage is his birth right! The reason why men get away with this nonsense is because women frigging support them. I have on countless occasions seen women act like their husbands treating them like vermin is normal. Men get away with the most immoral, ruthless and heinous things because women let them. By that I do not mean women 'invite rapists' by wearing clothes of their choice and working outside their homes. What I mean is that we all know women who preach the differences between a man and a woman and see to it that their gender is treated as unfairly as possible. We all know those women, they're in our families and neighborhood, lots of em. Then again, I am not saying every man and woman hailing from our culture is the same, of course not. But very many of us are like that and when I think about it, I am very, very angry. 

Period

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrrotheloupgaroux

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 10:16am | IP Logged
 It is on one hand an irony and on other hand funny. This culture apparantly worships woman. That ASSrams or this doctor, they prolly fast all 9 days of navratri and observe the festival. We idolize women and put them in a temple and worship them, and then we try to do that to every single woman. 

However rape is not a cultural problem. rape happens worldwide, over culture, on different pretexts.  Its  a human problem.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

theloupgaroux

Post Reply New Post

Go to top