Reading b/w d lines:Archana

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Reading between the lines

Revealing their favourite books, TV actors prove that they are a well-read lot.

Saumya Tandon
'Hamlet' by Shakespeare: "Every emotion from loss of love to depression has been touched upon. Nothing can surpass this classic."

Shweta Kawaatra
'Tell Me Your Dreams' by Sidney Sheldon: "It's about a multiple personality disorder where three personalities are merged into one. It's inspired by a true story."
'Sybil' by Flora Rheta Schreiber: "It deals with a woman who has 16 different personalities in her."

Anu Menon (Lola Kutty)
'Memoirs of a Geisha': "It's written so beautifully that you get involved in its world and imagine yourself in it. I can see Lola looking beautiful in her glasses and serving tea to good-looking Malayalees, who will pay her thousands of rupees for her silk saris (which my channel will never!)."

Shakti Anand
'Godfather' by Mario Puzo: "This fiction is close to reality. Every human emotion has been handled beautifully. It's a complete 'family' novel."

Archana Puran Singh
'Godfather' by Mario Puzo: "It is one of the first gangster fiction books. As a child it opened a new world for me, where heroes were gangsters and vice versa. I gifted it to my husband, a non-reader, and made a reader out of him. For the next two days I found him lying horizontal reading it or locked in the toilet with it. He said, 'This is a gift so special, it comes closest to our children!'"

Deepshika
'Many Lives Many Masters' by Dr Brian Weiss, 'The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success' by Deepak Chopra: "More then talking to people, I find such philosophical books reassuring. They are self-help guides. I also like reading books on Buddhism."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Thanks..the book she suggested sounds like a gd read
fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail