Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
Flop adaptation of Ramayan
Indians have always been big fans of mythological shows. But the third adaptation of the epic, Ramayan, wasn't received very well. The 1988 Ramanand Sagar version of the epic, that starred Arun Govil and Deepika Chikhalia as Ram and Sita, was a massive hit. The Sagar Arts' 2008 version on NDTV Imagine with Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee in lead roles was also appreciated. But the 2012 version by Moti Sagar Productions on Zee, starring Gagan Malik and Neha Sargam, and called Ramayan: Sabke Jeevan ka Aadhar, didn't garner the required TRPs. Even airing the show on Sunday morning with a simulcast on Doordarshan, didn't do the trick for the producers. Perhaps the timing was all wrong.

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 28 December 2012 at 4:14pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Flop adaptation of Ramayan - Hindustan Times" in Ramayan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
I hope the story gets back on track so that the TRPs improve, or else the show is in danger of being pulled off air.Ermm

superdil19

Goldie

superdil19

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
very disappointed newsCryvery disappointed news very disappointed news
i think timing is big factor
prime time is always best for any show
i like zee tv ramayan very much
people have thinking this is 3rd version and story is same like old version so i requested tothose  people please change their mentality must watch this ramayan
and thanks for sagar picture because in that time making mytho show
thanks sagar picture
i hope this ramayan will make their trp good in further episode

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Anyhow, i think the story is moving quite fast and as planned for 70 episodes, the show might complete by February or March Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

superdil19

luminous02

Goldie

luminous02

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Sagars can not pulled off it in air because still Ramayan is on its path, TRP will be high after some epi. its not any big matter, some times goes up , some times goes down, it is only depend on audience choice.

in this time peoples are not taking interest, they have that old mentality that show will be same as of previous one, there is need to change - ment in their mentality.

dharma22

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 29 December 2012 at 3:09am | IP Logged
m not surprised . The show indeed has derailed. Hope they mend their story telling ASAP .

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 29 December 2012 at 5:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by luminous02

in this time peoples are not taking interest, they have that old mentality that show will be same as of previous one, there is need to change - ment in their mentality.

I don't think people are expecting the show to be like previous version. They just want to watch an authentic Ramayana that is based off of the popular sources like Valmiki Ramayana and Ramcharitmanas. Recently the show has shown a lot of fiction so that's why people are losing interest.

The poor actors are working very hard but Sagar Pictures are digging their own grave by showing the wrong story of Lord Rama.Unhappy

jklp

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 29 December 2012 at 6:29am | IP Logged
While I agree the show bombs miserably certain times ...and also SP has very poor SCREENPLAY  but LOL ARE TRP'S REALLY THE YARDSTICKS OF QUALITY OR AUDIENCE REACTION.Confused.IN A COUNTRY WHERE OBNOXIOUSLY REGRESSIVE AND CRAP SHOWS RULE THE TRP CHARTS ...I do NOT consider TRP's as YARDSTICKS  for any quality 

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.