sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

dedicated to ..
Babydoll..
hope you like it Mann, the biggest YaRa lover.
AU-ish.

~.~

Attention, it doesn't take it too long for it diverted. In his case, a glimpse always did the job. Here was the case of seeing someone after 8 long years. Just the thought of her being present there did the job. The glance that followed, locked it.

That gleam in his eyes, missing for the past 8 years, returned. A playful smile embracing his lips. Casually, leaning against the counter, he observed her with his arms crossed across his chest and head tilted a little to the right.

Mentally, he counted the seconds for her to look at him.

22, 23, 24...

She looked up and met his gaze..

28, 29, 30.

Shocked turned to realization then into something warmer and she smiled back at him.

~.~

"Never have I felt so awkward sitting with a girl who has been my acquaintance." Ranveer took a sip of his coffee and looked at Kiya sitting beside him. The cold weather of this small, green town had it's own magic. And sitting on the bench in the park, seeing the calm people of this calm town doing their day-today work, it was no less than a welcome change for her from her busy city life.

"And why is that?" Kiya fixed her eyes on his face and deeply breathed in the cool wind.

Ranveer shrugged and turned his eyes towards a hill in the distant which had a building overlooking the city.

"It's not like we had a very pleasant relationship nor did I ever wish you best. Your presence or absence, hardly mattered and never did I ever think of you, even for a second."

"Is that why you approached me in the cafe and offered to buy me a coffee and without asking what I'd like, bought me the coffee just to my preferences." She raised his eyebrow at him and he chuckled.

"Aaah, once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat."

Some silence followed.

"It's been so long since anyone called me that." She looked at the building he had been looking at and smiled.

"Can't blame them. Someone tamed you." It wasn't a question, just a fact. And she had enough dignity to acknowledge it.

"His name is Keshav. Keshav Desai, fondly likes to be called KD." With a smile, she looked at the diamond ring in her left ring-finger.

"I'm ready to bet anything, you don't call him that."

Another fact.

Again, she didn't deny it.

~.~

"The trees were less denser back in the day."

She remarked as they took a stroll on the familiar path which led to their old school up the hill.

"As they say, old replaces new." He smiled at her. Returning the smile, she skipped a few steps ahead of him. Turning around, so she was facing him, she started walking backwards. The wind played with her curled hair sans her trademark red streak but she didn't bother. Her hands were safely inside the warm pockets of her long coat.

"Yeah, but somethings remain intact."

"True that!"

They continued walking like that.

"You know, it's funny. We've been together for the past 2 hours, you still haven't asked me why I'm here or commented that these 8 years have changed me." She said out what she had been longing to say. He blinked at her. His present smile was replaced by another smile, a smile which made her want to forget everything.

The surroundings, the wind, the path and herself.

"Time is too precious Diva. And I find it as a waste of time by talking about predetermined things and feelings."

"As in?"

"As in, you are here to attend Mr and Mrs. Collins' 50th anniversary party...like many of the old students of the school. And it's a not surprise that you've changed. I would be surprised if you hadn't changed."

"Wow. Never did I imagine, Rockstar, that you'd have such a deep thinking." She was honestly impressed.

"Well Diva, you never gave me a chance." He put on a sad face and she chuckled.

"I was going to give you chance but then you went on and kissed Juhi." She frowned at the memory and he laughed at it.

"FYI, it was you who had started the offense. Had you not flirted with Samar openly and made everyone think he was the one...how does that term go? Yeah, "deflowered" you, I might not have kissed your best friend knowing full well that you were seeing us."

"You kissed her and I allowed Samar to seduce me to bed at the tender age of 16! Mr. Ranveer Shergill, your offense is bigger!" She turned around and continued walking. Her heels clicking on the concrete path being the only sound between them and their surroundings.

"So, the Diva was affected by Rockstar, contrary to the popular belief that we could care less for each other." He commented in a thoughtful voice. She stopped and turned her face to glance at him.

"We were anything but a popular belief Ranveer."

"Correction, we are anything but a popular belief."

~.~

He had left her at the school's gate and was gone. Good riddance, she made herself believe that. And she wasn't surprised that she failed.

Visiting the place where she attended school and spent some unforgettable 12 years of her life, it was everything she thought it would. She met many old acquaintances, people who took care of her, teachers who scolded her and the air which always welcomed her. She had left this small, peaceful town and shifted to the big city 8 years ago. But it wasn't till now that she realized how much she had missed this place.

"Is that Kiya Gujral?" A familiar voice made her turn around. Seeing the person, she couldn't help but rush into the warm and welcoming arms of the man smiling at her with his signature tender smile.

"JC!" She hugged her former teacher, Jack Collins, of whose anniversary was to be held today.

"What a pleasant surprise my Diva!" JC was the first person which the kids encountered in this town who had a perfect native British accent. And the tenderness with which he spoke and the never changing gentleness of his features made him the unforgettable favorite of everyone who met him.

"But what are you doing here? Today is your anniversary for Heaven's sake! You should be with Mrs. C!" Kiya cried out seeing him in school on this very special day.

"I would, if these kids would let me meet her. They said to me, 'JC! Today you will meet Mrs. C only at the party!' And I always know it's no use arguing with young blood with strong intentions. Besides, I'm getting old." He chuckled at the last part and Kiya pouted.

"Don't say that JC. I'm this close to forcing you to elope with me! A man as handsome as you, only a fool would let go of this opportunity."

JC laughed and Kiya joined him. They talked of small idle things. How was she? What was she doing with her life? What were her future plans? Etc..

"I better rush. It'll be sunset in a few hours and I can't wait to see my Mrs. Collins!" JC with an excitement of a kid. Kiya smiled at him and waved him goodbye. She knew why the kids had separated JC from Mrs. C for the day. The beauty of seeing someone precious after crossing some distance of time was a joy on it's own.

She would know. She had just gone through that joy, though she hadn't realized it till now.

~.~

When one gets an opportunity to revisit the people from the past, it becomes a bit of a duty to meet them a way as to keep the delusion that time had not passed at all. The efforts are always in vain as the passed time always leaves its never fading mark but humans have this tendency to challenge nature.

Kiya was just following that natural human instinct when she got ready for the party that evening. She shed off the skin of the present day Kiya Gujral and got in the shoes of the Diva from 8 years ago. She straightened her curled hair, put on her signature red streaks in them, took off every piece of jewellery she worn and put on that old delicate star bracelet she so dearly loved.

If the party had been arranged outdoors, her pure white strapless dress which reached her knees would've made sure that she shivered through the entire night. Luckily, that wasn't the case. Party wasn't a grand affair but it was informal and welcoming, suiting JC and Mrs. C perfectly. She went to them and gave them her best wishes. Their love was as strong as it had always been, pair as compatible and perfect looking as it was meant to be.

When the fomalities were done, she stood alone in the corner of the hall. So much time had passed, she felt like she knew no one in the room. Oh well, she had come there only to greet JC and Mrs. C on this special day. Now her job was finished, tomorrow she will be back to her present life. The one which awaited her in the city.

"If I didn't know you better, I'd say you were waiting for me." Ranveer came to her side and she blinked in surprise. She regained her composure the very next second.

"You don't know me better then, I guess."

"Aaah, you flatter me Diva!"

"Isn't that what you live for? Being flattered by girls, Rockstar?" She narrowed her eyes at him. He observed her with a confused look.

"You need a dance." When the DJ changed the song, he held her hand and led her to the dance floor. Taking position, they began to move with the music.

"Why so serious Diva?" He asked in her a low voice.

"I'm annoyed and frustrated and I'm tired." She sighed and rested her head on his chest. He looked around the hall. Making sure that no one was seeing them, he led her out of the hall. Her mind was too hazy to register anything.

Ranveer took her to the secluded corner of the hill which overlooked the town. Black sky above, twinkling lights below and the cold wind of December and two lost souls who found a way. Could there be a prettier sight than this?

"Why didn't you ever leave this place like almost everyone did?" Kiya looked at him and asked. Ranveer let go of her hand and didn't say anything. He just looked at her. Warmth spread within her as she looked at him, staring at her.

"I missed this you know..."

"Missed what? Surely not us. For we were never this close in the 12 years that I knew you." Making a joke out of every situation, trust Ranveer to do that always.

"No, not this. The way you look at me. I missed that. No one ever looks at me that way..."

"Not even that Keshav Desai?" He smirked and she shook her head.

"Never him. When anyone looks at me, it's either love or a friendly gaze or a dislike. Many people, many looks. Just never this." She pointed to his eyes.

"And what does it say?"

"Ownership. It's like you own me. Ever since you saw me, this look hasn't changed. What should've disgusted me, intrigued me. And I was merely waiting for you to transfer this look in your eyes to your actions. I wanted you to define it. You just never did..."

"You honestly didn't think I, Ranveer Shergill, would come to you and say, 'You've bewitched me, body and soul...' or something like that?"

Kiya chuckled. "A girl can dream."

"Kiya Gujral, I did tell you...I don't like wasting my time on predetermined things. I loved you and you knew I did. It wasn't me who didn't declare, if was you who never acknowledged it."

"Putting all the blame on me. How typical, Rockstar."

"Just stating facts. Call it what you may."

Silence followed.

"How long would you have waited?" She asked with earnest curiosity.

"Hmmm...honestly, today was the last day. If you hadn't come today, I would've moved on."

"Well then you're lucky I came!"

"No, you're lucky that you used your last chance well." He smiled innocently at her and she instantly fired up.

"You're still that same insensitive, rude jerk! And here I was thinking you had changed!"

"I was always like this Diva, it's just that you never gave me a chance." He winked and gently kissed her cheek. She closed her eyes at his touch but didn't lose her frowning face when she opened them. He took her hand and started walking towards the hall.

"I still don't love you!" She cried out, walking behind him.

"Dance with me and you will."

Honestly, she didn't deny that one bit.

~.~

i absolutely abhor the way I ended it!
sorry for that.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..DamonCrazy.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
If the CVs did something of this sort...I would kill them🤣But since its a secret fantasy😳...LOVED IT<3<3<3<3You write so damn good CC.This was so cryptic & bittersweet.And I personally loved the ending 😛Thanx for writing on YaRa<3.Next...I want SaChi 😉

BTW...are you apart of us Team YaRa people now or is this an experiment 😉Edited by ..DamonCrazy.. - 11 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: ..DamonCrazy..

If the CVs did something of this sort...I would kill them🤣But since its a secret fantasy😳...LOVED IT<3<3<3<3You write so damn good CC.This was so cryptic & bittersweet.And I personally loved the ending 😛Thanx for writing on YaRa<3.Next...I want SaChi 😉

BTW...are you apart of us Team YaRa people now or is this an experiment 😉

didn't you read, it was AU :p

yaar honestly I wanted to make it a cross for SaChi and YaRa. the vague idea formed when I was just taking a walk in the cold at night...then SaChi didnt fit the picture well and it seemed nice on YaRa. defo not a part of team YaRa...I am still indifferent ... to them :p but like I said, this idea seemed plausible only on YaRa :p

glad you liked it :$
..DamonCrazy.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mais

didn't you read, it was AU :p

yaar honestly I wanted to make it a cross for SaChi and YaRa. the vague idea formed when I was just taking a walk in the cold at night...then SaChi didnt fit the picture well and it seemed nice on YaRa. defo not a part of team YaRa...I am still indifferent ... to them :p but like I said, this idea seemed plausible only on YaRa :p

glad you liked it :$

No biggies.Write a new exclusive SaChi story soon 😉
Radiance. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Res 😲 Write on PraChi too 😉
IndigoBlues thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
omg!!! I dont know why but I think I've been in this situation before. As KD😆 Whenever I read a story like this I always identify with that mysterious fiance in the background who has no idea what is happening😆 Seriously, YaRa has a lot of potential in the show itself because Ranveer dislikes Kiya, yet he was so sympathetic towards her when KD betrayed her. Right now they have a serious enemy's enemy is my friend thing going on😆 And in the OS I could totally see how they would connect. Of course as a KiSha fan I can't really ship them because I'm more of a KD person. 😛 But seriously, loved the OS, esp the ending, I always have a love-hate relationship with hanger endings.😆
pluviophile. thumbnail

Res Haaye Maisy you dedicated it to me Thank you 🤗 

------

I totally loved it, Everything about it is different and i don't think anybody in this forum has written a story like this which makes it even better and i can't define how much i loved them calling eachother 'Diva/Rockstar' and how every emotion was perfectly described it was like i was watching a show where everything is the way i want it, The hills that were mentioned was the cherry on top, I loved how after many years she stepped in the shoes of the Diva who is the soul of her and then the 'Aaah you flatter me Diva' wali line was aaamazing and i love the understanding of YaRa in this OS its beautiful, They both have these burning desires to tell eachother everything but the best was saved for the end, This OS is just Purrfect Maisyyy <333 Edited by ..Babydoll.. - 11 years ago
-Lizzie- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Res
Unres

OMG it was one of the best works i have ever read!! I loved it to the core!! From the first word till the last i was imagining the whole scenes in my head and i loved it!! YaRa is definitely hotness personified and i loved the ending of your OS!! And the title is so apt for this OS!! Loved it CC 🤗
Edited by lizzie_ROFL - 11 years ago
..DamonCrazy.. thumbnail
BTW...what happened to Yaar E Mann CC?
Effervescent_R thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
JB . . u are 1 lucky girl
whenever n whoever remembers YaRa remembers u automatically!!!
Mais. .
awesome piece of work
loved it to d core
what I liked d most?
d whole setup
n ofcourse d ending
I personallly m a huge fan of cliffhangers!!!!
n diva/Rockstar
define YaRa completely
awesome job. . . loved it❤️