Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@inlieu: I believe the only onus on Aarti is to come clean about the cancer being the reason for her and Ansh's interactions with Prashant, and assure Yash that he is the only one she loves. But the onus is also on Yash to come half way, believe her, and take her side in this whole mess. In short, the same way the onus is on Aarti to right what she did wrong, the onus is on Yash to right his mistakes in this relationship. Whether Yash and Aarti see it or not at this point, there relationship is more than this lie and both of them have equal responsibility towards it. Aarti has done so much for the relationship, other than what she has detracted with this lack of trust, that I think it would be hugely unfair for Yash to think of ending it on the basis of this lie.

I don't think it would be so easy for him to end it, possibly due to selfish reasons like the fact that he can't lose his love a second time. That would be too much for him to take. There are the children to think of plus the fact that his heart now belongs to her. It's so true, there is a lot they still need to fix besides the lie and the post-Mumbai madness. They feel connected to each other but the foundation of their relationship is still shaky. Aarti realized that life gave her a beautiful though challenging second chance, but she never backed down. Yash on the other hand is just realizing that things don't always come so easy. Relationships need work, and Aarti comes with so much baggage (unlike Arpita) that he will HAVE TO find the strength within him to forgive and overlook many things to make the relationship work.

He might not have had control over losing Arpita, but as far as Aarti is concerned he CAN play a major part in whether he keeps her in his life or loses her for good. If he ends up letting her go or losing her, not only will he be damaged beyond repair but will suffer all his life feeling helpless.

Another thought I've been having is regarding Aarti's nature of never staying down for long. She always gets up and fights back, whatever life throws at her. She moved on so easily (or so it seems to Yash) to marry a second time, so if life with Yash doesn't work out, what's to stop her moving on again eventually? If Yash thinks along these lines, that might just be his wake up call. Aarti could possibly move on without him, broken heart or not, but Yash would never be able to do that. He has major inertia when it comes to these things. 

And the most important thing: Ansh. The love for his daughters ended up giving Yash a son he is crazy about and can't live without. He will not let another man be Ansh's father because only he has the right to be Ansh's Papa and his hero. He will make sure nurture wins over nature, no matter what.
Edited by inlieu - 11 years ago
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
inlieu I just lost my entire reply to your response regarding my post of Aarti and Yash. I can't help but think that it's a good thing for it may have raised a hornet's nestπŸ˜†. All I will say in summary is this:

Yash creates his problems. His whole approach to life is centered around what makes him happy when he is ready for it. Nothing is wrong with it in some situations, but having him see himself as a martyr when he has the openings in front of him to fix things that he left avenues to appear is annoying. I find it fascinating that a man who can go the extra mile to fix everyone else's life, is only willing to go quarter of a mile to simply see what his issue is muchless the entire mile needed to see it, understand it and fix it.

Aarti does the same thing in that she creates her problems. The difference is, her problems come from trying to keep everyone happy . What I like about her is that instead of considering herself a martyr, she accepts her wrongs and goes the extra mile to set things right. Of course the majbhoori dialogues leaves much to debate regarding this, but if we exam closely, we can't help but note that she does not live under the martyr nonsense for long. When Prashant abandoned her, she could have done what Yash did and seen herself as cursed with a horrible fate and chosen to curl up in a corner and die, leaving her son and in-laws to fend for themselves. Or perhaps never even allowing her son to enter the world by taking her own life. 

This is why I find myself sympathising with Aarti more. I am really not a big fan of someone crying over anything, and in Yash's case, he allowed himself to become wrapped in his own little world where the pain was all that existed. I have empathy for his suffering, but not for his actions, in the same way that the Yash supporters have empathy for Aarti but not for her actions. I give as much scope as possible for understanding all of PV's characters, but sometimes Yash...πŸ˜†

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kittya_Cullen

inlieu I just lost my entire reply to your response regarding my post of Aarti and Yash. I can't help but think that it's a good thing for it may have raised a hornet's nestπŸ˜†. All I will say in summary is this:

Hornet's nest indeed. This show is so amazing that it results in endless debates! πŸ˜Š

Yash creates his problems. His whole approach to life is centered around what makes him happy when he is ready for it. Nothing is wrong with it in some situations, but having him see himself as a martyr when he has the openings in front of him to fix things that he left avenues to appear is annoying. I find it fascinating that a man who can go the extra mile to fix everyone else's life, is only willing to go quarter of a mile to simply see what his issue is muchless the entire mile needed to see it, understand it and fix it.
Aarti came in at the right time before his aloofness could cause further damage to his kids' psyches. She really transformed his life, Yash admitted as much at least.

Aarti does the same thing in that she creates her problems. The difference is, her problems come from trying to keep everyone happy . What I like about her is that instead of considering herself a martyr, she accepts her wrongs and goes the extra mile to set things right. Of course the majbhoori dialogues leaves much to debate regarding this, but if we exam closely, we can't help but note that she does not live under the martyr nonsense for long. When Prashant abandoned her, she could have done what Yash did and seen herself as cursed with a horrible fate and chosen to curl up in a corner and die, leaving her son and in-laws to fend for themselves. Or perhaps never even allowing her son to enter the world by taking her own life. 
She needs to think about herself more. I wonder if the recent events will make her rethink her priorities and loyalties. She must learn to follow through on her instincts and put herself first from time to time, otherwise she will spend her whole life trying to fix things.

This is why I find myself sympathising with Aarti more. I am really not a big fan of someone crying over anything, and in Yash's case, he allowed himself to become wrapped in his own little world where the pain was all that existed. I have empathy for his suffering, but not for his actions, in the same way that the Yash supporters have empathy for Aarti but not for her actions. I give as much scope as possible for understanding all of PV's characters, but sometimes Yash...πŸ˜†
Have to agree with you there, I love Aarti just a little bit more because of her never say die attitude, as does SP! I bet she not only recovered soon from the initial shock of being abandoned but she quickly realized that she also had to be the Dubeys' pillar. That is not to say that she hasn't been hurting all these years, but she put aside her own pain to help another person. I have lost count of the number of times I've muttered 'little do you know' when Yash would taunt her and make it seem as if it was so easy for her to forget her first husband. Just because she appears strong doesn't mean she doesn't feel pain. Perhaps SP understands her a little bit, but I have a feeling once the truth is out in front of all, SP more than anyone else will admire her even more after the initial shock.

The biggest difference I notice between Aarti's and Yash's actions: Aarti herself has been suffering because of the burden of guilt and the lies, whereas Yash did not even think of the extent to which he has hurt Aarti with his actions. Aarti is so generous and loves Yash so much that he had her forgiveness even without asking for it. All he's said is that he realized that he'd hurt her. He never once directly apologized to her, even though he knew she was hurt enough to run away. Aarti, on the other hand, tries to fix things immediately. Post Mumbai she kept trying and fighting for the truth to come out, and she will do the same now, because she won't leave Yash hurting. Even if that means having to beg (I'm going to get really mad at the CVs if she does that again!)

All said and done, it's high time Yash gave her the entire loaf she's entitled to, not just the crumbs.

Edited by inlieu - 11 years ago
ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

@Angel:   I loved your weekly rant...πŸ‘...it brought out all the complaints I had as well over the last week!    That gif with the new show ad is hilarious!    I had the  same thought when I was watching...do none of the Scindias see these people in their garden?!  πŸ€£

@Sadie:  Loved your post on all the bloopers of PV...fantastic!  I had been feeling a bit off mood in the past week because I did not like many things shown as they are so illogical and not needed, but your post made me laugh...and also realize that it has been quite some time since it is happening...πŸ˜†

Loved all the discussions...have been too busy to join in, but have been reading whenever I get a little time...😊

I had a few things to say about the prev two epis, but now I will just wait for Monday epi before I write my next take!  πŸ˜›

Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Fantastic. My laptop refuses to find my wi-fi signal.   πŸ˜‘

Sammy dearest it was never about just being angry. Anger on it's own is useless. Rather is what you use that anger to fuel. One of my favourite sayings/prayers goes like this:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

How we live our lives, the manner in which we treat those around us, how we make our voices heard and more specifically what we voice are all equally as important in making a difference. No we cannot change the mindset and perceptions of everyone in the world around us. Yes. These issues which our societies have become numb to unless directly experienced are infuriating. No, just being angry will not achieve anything. However anger...like fire... is useful when utilised correctly. Not so Sammy dearest?πŸ˜†

(Here comes the wi-fi again. Steuuups. Now I can switch back)
Edited by Kittya_Cullen - 11 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
Angel, loved your rant, especially the bit about talking to someone's back without making sure they're the right audience!
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Rest assured, this is going to be another major track - Bua's story - living life as a widow, especially as a widow without children. Widows with children at least have some sort of status as a mother, but those who are childless are often expected to fade into the background. I've always assumed that her husband must have died when she was quite young, so she's had a painfully lonely life. Aarti understood this and even had a discussion with her, but Bua has become too cynical to take heed. I felt sorry for her when SP said that the reason for her misery is because she doesn't know how to find happiness around her. What has SP done for her as an older brother? Isn't it his responsibility to look after her happiness?

The other point I'd like the CVs to explore along with widow remarriage is remarriage at an older age. In the society the Scindhias live in, it would probably be unthinkable for Bua to remarry, but I say: why not?! She has every right to happiness and to share her life with someone. It doesn't need to be about roses and chocolates (although it may very well be) but more about companionship and belonging to someone special.

I know a lot of people will laugh their heads off at what I'm saying, but I think this needs a serious look at. One of my relatives had been widowed when she was young, with two little boys to look after. She never married and worked hard all her life to give her sons a good life. Now that they've all grown up and settled down, she ended up all on her own. Until her in-laws and siblings decided that she didn't need to live alone like this anymore. So they encouraged her and arranged her marriage with a widower. The happiness and calm on her face is priceless. I am so proud of the people who got together to do this for her. There is no age for happiness, love, or fresh starts. Isn't that what this show is about: Zindagi milegi dobara?

inlieu: First of all, I doubt that any of us in here will laugh at the concept of an older woman's remarriage. It's actually another throwback to the issues that we keep discussing because why should it ever be amusing that a senior woman remarries while it is perfectly normal for a male more than double her age to marry someone younger than her? I look forward to seeing the remarriage of Maya, and even if the TRPs drop because of that track, I will be proudly cheering for the Mittals taking that much needed step forward. No person should ever have to live a life of such loneliness due to a society's desires. Maya does not have any real friends( we can assume that they are all still happily or unhappily married and don't want a widow around themselves and family), she has no children of her own, and because of bitterness and venom, even those who are her children in a sense do not have the desire to be in her presence. I've always thought that Aarti would be the one to support her in a bid for remarriage, but first Aarti needs to get her own marriage out of the refuse pile before it hits the garbage dump. Her help right now would be as useless as a lifeguard who cannot swim but has jumped in to help a drowning person.😳

I hope that one day, there will be more people like your family members who do strive to ensure that their widowed, and divorced relatives find happiness in a good companion. Not someone that they are forced to settle with, neither the darkness of a life in corner.
aanyakunat thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
ok i have only been reading a few random posts in the this thread so forgive me if i'm off the track... 
but what i can gather, people have a problem with yash's behavior!!! i cannot for the life of me understand why!! i mean aarti has been constantly lying to him and even dragging an innocent child in it... and instead of feeling guilty about it, she gives it the name of 'majboori'... and yash does not even have the right to feel betrayed!!! is it because majority here are women and feel the need to side with the female lead? even though i can understand where aarti is coming from, but i cannot for the life of me empathize with her anymore... she's too far gone... and it will take a lot of time for yash to start trusting her again... in normal circumstances, very few people be it man or woman would trust their partner again after so many lies... but here yash will have to give aarti the benefit of doubt because she has put up with a lot from him and his family in the initial days... so they are on equal footing now... 
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail

Originally posted by: aanyakunat

ok i have only been reading a few random posts in the this thread so forgive me if i'm off the track... 

but what i can gather, people have a problem with yash's behavior!!! i cannot for the life of me understand why!! i mean aarti has been constantly lying to him and even dragging an innocent child in it... and instead of feeling guilty about it, she gives it the name of 'majboori'... and yash does not even have the right to feel betrayed!!! is it because majority here are women and feel the need to side with the female lead? even though i can understand where aarti is coming from, but i cannot for the life of me empathize with her anymore... she's too far gone... and it will take a lot of time for yash to start trusting her again... in normal circumstances, very few people be it man or woman would trust their partner again after so many lies... but here yash will have to give aarti the benefit of doubt because she has put up with a lot from him and his family in the initial days... so they are on equal footing now... 

Aanya, if you read the discussion in the last two to three pages, you will see that most of us here are not saying that Yash does not have a right to feel betrayed. What is being said is that both Aarti and Yash are wrong, but that Aarti has a better manner of handling wrongs placed against her by her spouse. Yash on the other hand jumps to half-baked conclusions and his pride, as well as his ability to see himself as the martyr, prevents him from asking questions or confronting people. He would rather sit in pain than get to the root of an issue, whereas for people who aren't even related to him he will go to the point of death to help them fix their own issues. I certainly don't lean toward a specific character simply because she is female, and I do not believe that most of the other people in here vary from that idea either. If you will read my discussion with inlieu you will see for yourself why I prefer Aarti over Yash.😊
Previous
1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 76
Next
Yash Thumbnail

Yash