Debate Mansion

Blah Blah corner-VI- super jobless fingers attack! (Page 77)

Post Reply New Post

Page 77 of 150

souro

souro

Posted: 27 April 2013 at 7:20am | IP Logged
Bought S4 today Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Blah Blah corner-VI- super jobless fingers attack! (Page 77)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 27 April 2013 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Gr8, hows it!!!Smile 

souro

souro

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prometeus

Gr8, hows it!!!Smile 

So far quite good. I used a Samsung Galaxy Nexus before this. Even that was fast, but S4 is noticeably faster and smoother than that.
Although this phone has full HD display, but coming from 4.65" 720p display of Galaxy Nexus to 5.0" 1080i display of Galaxy S4, the difference in sharpness is not that dramatic. You can make out the difference, but you won't go 'wow' over the difference. S4 is much brighter though.

One really good thing about this phone, it has packed in a bigger screen, bigger battery, and better almost everything in a body which is slightly slimmer and lighter than S3. It's lighter than my Galaxy Nexus as well, although very slightly bigger (but it is slimmer than Nexus).

There are many nice things, but as is human tendency, we take note of our troubles more than the good things. Tongue So, here are a few things which I'm finding a bit problematic:

1. The extremely thin bezels, especially the side ones. Anyone will say that's a good thing, even I used to wait for a time when phones will come with wafer thin bezels so that a bigger screen fits on a smaller body. But now that I have such a phone, I realise that it makes typing quite difficult, especially on the default Samsung virtual keyboard, whose keys are quite small. Pressing the buttons at the very edge (A, Q, etc.) was almost impossible. However, now that I've installed my favourite SwiftKey keyboard, that problem is not so much prominent as the buttons are bigger, so the margin of error is also higher. But still the problem is there.

Also, what such extremely thin bezels do is, they make handling the phone difficult. When you're holding the phone, some part of your fingertips tend to touch the front of the phone(at the very edge). Which in this case, because of lack of bezels, the edge becomes the screen and that means your fingertips touch some place on the touchscreen and something gets clicked or pops up. It's a bit annoying.

2. The touchscreen is extremely sensitive. While many might like it, I felt a little less sensitivity would've been better. It's almost like it gets clicked without even touching it (not exaggerating, that's almost what happens). A little more feedback to the user when he clicks something, would've been nice.

3. This one is not directly related to the phone, it's because of the Samsung flip cover. But since, most people will be using the Samsung flip cover along with their phone, it's pertinent. Once the flip cover is installed accessing the volume rocker becomes difficult because of the bulge that forms from flipping the cover back.

Edited by souro - 28 April 2013 at 10:43am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-Vinzy

helenayoo

helenayoo

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Angie_

Whoa i wonder who actually had the patience to do this, it's a crazy picture of that apple world map. But says alot i think. Natural and global... cool ideaa

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arwen.

Soo... I got married this weekend Embarrassed
(So much for subtlety Stern Smile LOL )

Congratulations, Arwen! May God bless you both with a wonderful life together. :) 

What I really want to say is that may your zindagi be forever gulzar with your humsafar, but then I thought you might start daydreaming of Fawad Khan, so I changed my mind. But I'm going to say it anyway. Consider this a test. ;-) 

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 11:19pm | IP Logged

Gr8, hows it!!!Smile 

So far quite good. I used a Samsung Galaxy Nexus before this. Even that was fast, but S4 is noticeably faster and smoother than that.
Although this phone has full HD display, but coming from 4.65" 720p display of Galaxy Nexus to 5.0" 1080i display of Galaxy S4, the difference in sharpness is not that dramatic. You can make out the difference, but you won't go 'wow' over the difference. S4 is much brighter though.

One really good thing about this phone, it has packed in a bigger screen, bigger battery, and better almost everything in a body which is slightly slimmer and lighter than S3. It's lighter than my Galaxy Nexus as well, although very slightly bigger (but it is slimmer than Nexus).

There are many nice things, but as is human tendency, we take note of our troubles more than the good things. Tongue So, here are a few things which I'm finding a bit problematic:

1. The extremely thin bezels, especially the side ones. Anyone will say that's a good thing, even I used to wait for a time when phones will come with wafer thin bezels so that a bigger screen fits on a smaller body. But now that I have such a phone, I realise that it makes typing quite difficult, especially on the default Samsung virtual keyboard, whose keys are quite small. Pressing the buttons at the very edge (A, Q, etc.) was almost impossible. However, now that I've installed my favourite SwiftKey keyboard, that problem is not so much prominent as the buttons are bigger, so the margin of error is also higher. But still the problem is there.

Also, what such extremely thin bezels do is, they make handling the phone difficult. When you're holding the phone, some part of your fingertips tend to touch the front of the phone(at the very edge). Which in this case, because of lack of bezels, the edge becomes the screen and that means your fingertips touch some place on the touchscreen and something gets clicked or pops up. It's a bit annoying.

2. The touchscreen is extremely sensitive. While many might like it, I felt a little less sensitivity would've been better. oooh is half as sensitive as our IF friends ???? TongueLOL  It's almost like it gets clicked without even touching it (not exaggerating, that's almost what happens). A little more feedback to the user when he clicks something, would've been nice.

3. This one is not directly related to the phone, it's because of the Samsung flip cover. But since, most people will be using the Samsung flip cover along with their phone, it's pertinent. Once the flip cover is installed accessing the volume rocker becomes difficult because of the bulge that forms from flipping the cover back.

Thank you for the detail infoThumbs Up  now a days every six month ,mobile companies launching new series/products... last time when I purchase iPhone4 with-in five or six months they launched 4s,Confused as a note 2 user, sometime I feel, if u wanna call someone urgently,.. it difficult to do single hand operations ,and its not fit in my pocket ,otherwise everything is okie.Smile.

Edited by Prometeus - 28 April 2013 at 11:19pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 29 April 2013 at 6:49am | IP Logged

Gr8, hows it!!!Smile 

2. The touchscreen is extremely sensitive. While many might like it, I felt a little less sensitivity would've been better. It's almost like it gets clicked without even touching it (not exaggerating, that's almost what happens). A little more feedback to the user when he clicks something, would've been nice.

I like the S4 for many reasons (duel camera shooting, NFC support, multitasking, etc ) but the one thing I hate it you need two hands to handle the phone :(

souro

souro

Posted: 29 April 2013 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

I like the S4 for many reasons (duel camera shooting, NFC support, multitasking, etc ) but the one thing I hate it you need two hands to handle the phone :(
Actually you can operate it with a single hand for most of the functions. For a 5 incher, it's pretty slim, compact and light. Obviously can't be as compact as iphone with their puny 4 inch screen.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top