Debate Mansion

Blah Blah corner-VI- super jobless fingers attack! - Page 51

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
^Personal views aside, it still demostrates popularity and that is an extraordinary feat!!

Modi to give a speech to the people of Edison? Haha love it! It doesn't get more gujju than edison. :P

Most Indians who hate Modi so much are usually Congress supporters. So I'd love to hear from them how if they blame the BJP and Modi for failing to protect minority communities, how can those same people support the congress? Forgotten the 1984 anti-sikh riots and the Sikh Genocide so soon? In fact, approx 3 times the amount of people died and Congress did nothing!! Hypocrites!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Most Indians who hate Modi so much are usually Congress supporters. So I'd love to hear from them how if they blame the BJP and Modi for failing to protect minority communities, how can those same people support the congress? Forgotten the 1984 anti-sikh riots and the Sikh Genocide so soon? In fact, approx 3 times the amount of people died and Congress did nothing!! Hypocrites!

That isn't really a fair assumption.

I'm skeptical about Modi, (hate is a strong word) but I wouldn't call myself a Congress supporter. Being a liberal, I'll admit, I do tend to gravitate more towards Congress' more liberal policies, but I don't think they are perfect or blameless in any way. I am skeptical about many things they do as well.

^Personal views aside, it still demostrates popularity and that is an extraordinary feat!!

By that argument the Congress must have achieved a super extraordinary feat 😉  Your assessment , not mine 😆

Modi to give a speech to the people of Edison? Haha love it! It doesn't get more gujju than edison. :P

Most Indians who hate Modi so much are usually Congress supporters.
You  re emphasise the Congress Party's popularity  feat 😲 ðŸ˜†

So I'd love to hear from them how if they blame the BJP and Modi for failing to protect minority communities, how can those same people support the congress? Forgotten the 1984 anti-sikh riots and the Sikh Genocide so soon? In fact, approx 3 times the amount of people died and Congress did nothing!! Hypocrites!
A specific incident led to those unfortunate events but Modi is a chauvinist megalomaniac in the making if not one already 😉

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Actually RTH, I do genuinely believe that is a fair assumption. It's an observation I made myself on my recent trip to India and it's also evident on the news. There are very few neutrals like yourself.

@zorro: what are you trying to get at dude? I thought I made it clear that I'm not disputing anyone's popularity. Just because I don't like someone, doesn't make them any less popular with the public.

In response to your last comment - give me a guy who will stand for something than a guy who will stand for nothing! ;) also, LMAO @ 'a specific incident leading to an unfortunate event' haha! Wasn't there also a specific incident that led to the riots? Thank you for proving my point about hypocrisy. :)
hindu4lyf thumbnail
On a side note, I watched RGV's movie about 26/11 and it bought back horrid memories. Not long ago I walked past leopold cafe and just touched my hand on the pillars where bullets had been shot. I caught the train from the busy CST to make my way home. I sat inside the lobby of the Taj Hotel and went for desserts at Oberoi. That could have been anyone. That could have been me. My respect for the city that I love more than anything increased. My admiration for the people of this city is unexplainable. I salute all those inspectors who sacrificed their life for the innocent people. At that moment in time no police officer in India was prepared to deal with a terror attack.

For a long time though, I was consumed by hatred. Hatred for those bas***ds who dare invade such a beautiful city with the sole aim to spread terror, to kill kaafirs aka non-muslims. How do you find it in your heart to blow a 3 year old kid's brains out with a gun? How do you find it in you to murder a sister, daughter, mother? Don't feed me this bullshit about being brainwashed. The one above gifted us all with a brain and most on us can think for ourselves! I wish each one could be given the most painful death ever imaginable. Human rights can go stuff it.

There was a part in the movie when the guy playing Kasab talks about being bathed in honey in heaven, having a beautiful scent, beig surrounded by beautiful angels and I wanted to puke. That's your idea of heaven? That's where you think you'll end up? India has always been way too nice to our neighbours. They blow off the heads of our soldiers and we refuse to play cricket with them. They refuse to bury their own countrymen and we bury then in our own country with full privacy and respect. Anyone understand now why I feel so much anger at our current government?

My heart bleeds for Mumbai and each and every one of the victims. Never forgive, never forget!
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I sympathize the little boy who never had a childhood or youth, but was raised to be a killer.

But I have no sympathy for the cold blooded killer who released carnage taking plenty an innocent life. Once you have that much innocent blood on your hand, there is no forgiveness.

I heard the movie tried to shed a sympathetic light on Kasab and showed him breaking and crying. That is untrue and they shouldn't have done that. There is no point in showing a terrorist in a sympathetic like.

In contrast, I liked the McVeigh Tapes shown on MSNBC. They showed Timothy McVeigh as a cold blooded killer, with steely temperament and zero remorse. But at the same time acknowledge the issues that cause people to go to an edge like this.
-Believe- thumbnail

its true that,I feel now a days MMS didn't take any bold dicision for benefit of india and common peoples..am a supporter of seculer govt. with good governance...Modi have lots of -ve past,esply seculer country like india, people expect a seculer leader...BUT past five years in our country daily news says different type of scams,rapes,price hike of commodities... money value depreciation... Inflation... Petrol price hike and more , public suffering from all these things, I feel India is only country where middle class ppl supposed to pay for sins of governments.😕
-Believe- thumbnail

On a side note, I watched RGV's movie about 26/11 and it bought back horrid memories. Not long ago I walked past leopold cafe and just touched my hand on the pillars where bullets had been shot. I caught the train from the busy CST to make my way home. I sat inside the lobby of the Taj Hotel and went for desserts at Oberoi. That could have been anyone. That could have been me. My respect for the city that I love more than anything increased. My admiration for the people of this city is unexplainable. I salute all those inspectors who sacrificed their life for the innocent people. At that moment in time no police officer in India was prepared to deal with a terror attack.

For a long time though, I was consumed by hatred. Hatred for those bas***ds who dare invade such a beautiful city with the sole aim to spread terror, to kill kaafirs aka non-muslims. How do you find it in your heart to blow a 3 year old kid's brains out with a gun? How do you find it in you to murder a sister, daughter, mother? Don't feed me this bullshit about being brainwashed. The one above gifted us all with a brain and most on us can think for ourselves! I wish each one could be given the most painful death ever imaginable. Human rights can go stuff it.

There was a part in the movie when the guy playing Kasab talks about being bathed in honey in heaven, having a beautiful scent, beig surrounded by beautiful angels and I wanted to puke. That's your idea of heaven? That's where you think you'll end up? India has always been way too nice to our neighbours. They blow off the heads of our soldiers and we refuse to play cricket with them. They refuse to bury their own countrymen and we bury then in our own country with full privacy and respect. Anyone understand now why I feel so much anger at our current government?

My heart bleeds for Mumbai and each and every one of the victims. Never forgive, never forget!

^ Well said! ...very touching movie.. many scenes generating the feeling of anger ...a must watch for every INDIAN

In response to your last comment - give me a guy who will stand for something than a guy who will stand for nothing! ;) also, LMAO @ 'a specific incident leading to an unfortunate event' haha! Wasn't there also a specific incident that led to the riots? Thank you for proving my point about hypocrisy. :)

Bias is hard to get rid off 😛  I prefer people who stand for nothing to those who stand for something for the wrong reasons. I fail to see anything great in people suporting corporates  who would fund the election campaigns that run into millions. Thats pure survival tactics.😊
Namo hasnt spoken about any scheme that would benefit the marginal scociety. He also happens to come across as some one with a very strong patriarchal mindset. Someone who says that females are malnourished in the country because they are fashion conscious ----needs to do a realty check on part of the population who are non corporates  .