Punar Vivah

DOTW - Joint Values Of Joint Families (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

nuresmeralda

Goldie

nuresmeralda

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
love you topic..but i think both have its own good and bad things..now a days people will leave their parents house after marriage...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW - Joint Values Of Joint Families (Page 2)" in Punar Vivah forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-AarYaholic-

IF-Rockerz

-AarYaholic-

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
Lets have some more views PVians,the topic is 5 days old now Stern Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kmfan_2

Sakhile

Goldie

Sakhile

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 3:10am | IP Logged
Every situation has its pros and cons. The joint vs nuclear family debate is no different and has been around for a long time.

The world and peoples values have evolved. A nuclear family is about self interestt and teh maintenace of the interests of the closest family. The joint family is about caring for a broader community.

In days gone by the joint family was the place where there was security from outside enemies. The larger the numbers the greater the protection afforded its members. This system worked well when there was greater attachment to social structures like the extended family, clan, tribe etc.

With the rise in nation states, this system became less needed and the nuclear family began to rise in importance. In the current materialistically orientated world, the nuclear family has taken the place of the joint family as each tries to secure enough resources for themselves and their chosen few.

Coming to Punar Vivah, the joint family still functions because of the strong patriarchal system that operates supported by a strong matriach. Joint families do not flourish where all the members have equal authority.

More and more people are bringing demanding a greater say in their own lives and thus the joint family which is based on patriarchy does not survive.

The nuclear family however, in giving people the opportunity to make their own decisions also robs them of the opportunity of communal wisdom and sharing of problems. The high rates of divorce and visits to psychiatrists are testimony to the fact that there are no longer sufficient support available in the nuclear family.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kmfan_2

uluvmg

IF-Rockerz

uluvmg

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 6:56am | IP Logged
Very good post..Clap
i am for Joint  Family.. Thumbs Up
Todays fastest world, women, specially working women ,find it easier to manage household chores as work can be divided among family members.. cannot rely on maidservant.
The advantages of this are that children come to trust a greater number of adults and to relate to them. & also having competition for higher education within children.. Also if anything happens to one adult - say going into hospital - the kids feel safe with the extended family members. there is always competition in children for higher education 
There is always someone to take care of the children if both the parents are working. You always find wisdom of your elders useful. Indeed, the pressure of handling children in a household comes down drastically as members can take care of children in rotation.
Yes there is also some disadvantages of JFS but i think in JFS advantages are more than disadvantages.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SakhileIntrepida

Intrepida

IF-Rockerz

Intrepida

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 8:54am | IP Logged
I usually dont post on topics but I thought this topic is good:

SO I am for joint family; in my head living with ones grandparents is not joint family because thats how I grew up but as a I went to school the teacher defined that as joint Confused

Its a common practice in traditional families in MP to live in a joint family- my grandpa's sister has 2 sons (who are now grandparents themselves) both brothers live together, right now they have sons and those sons got married and they have children too, they all live in the same complex, they have separate levels of the house to live in, but they all have lunch and dinner together and they cook together- in my opinion thats pretty neat!  because you still have the privacy and the togetherness! Star

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpuluvmg

kmfan_2

IF-Sizzlerz

kmfan_2

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
A beautiful topic to be discussed...

Joint families are indeed a boon when it comes to sharing of joys and sorrows, balancing out on financial discrepancies, and also a great moral booster during crisis situations.
However what needs to be remembered is the concept of SPACE...not just physical but even otherwise..letting others blossom in their field without too much of interference and control...this becomes somewhat difficult as there usually are some members who tend to take extra interest in others affairs in the family and it can become claustrophobic!

Nuclear families are welcome when there is less space - physical - and gives more privacy to the couple and immediate family...but can be a big disadvantage when faced with a crisis...though today one may say that friends do help...
There can nothing more comforting than having a close one understanding your needs and rising to the occasion instantly without giving a second thought!

So all in all...each has its own set of good and bad...but living together far outweighs the concept of nuclear family...as it teaches tolerance, sharing, caring and taking people along with you...an important tact to be learnt in dealing with the world too...

So joint family it is for me...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SakhileIntrepidauluvmg

Kittya_Cullen

IF-Dazzler

Kittya_Cullen

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 1:02am | IP Logged
The way I see it is that each family system works best according to the needs of the members within. There is no need to say one is better than the other because the main point of family is to be a support system to those in the circle. It is about love, commitment, fulfilling responsibilities and offering a nurturing environment to grow, and develop. There you learn morals, the importance of unity, and the value of independence and individuality. I have lived in three family systems because of the way my home and family are built literally speaking and emotionally speaking. In addition, I have had the opportunity to observe my cousins family lives too. Sure there are disadvantages in certain things, but what in life does not give a disadvantage? As long as you keep in mind the real purpose of family then there really is no need to debate which system is better.Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpSakhileAngeloScuroIntrepidakmfan_2

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
^^ Are you related to the cullens?

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.