Episode 154 Discussion: 26th Dec 2012

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Episode 154  Discussion: 26th Dec 2012

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? 😉. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : -Dimple-
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 
  • The link to Previous Episode thread if anyone wants to trace and post/thoughts therehttps://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3360780

Cheers,
SD

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Episode 154  Discussion - EOD Summary

Paagal Ballu aur RK ki Bachchi Biwi!!
Theme being ...Stubborness and Craziness gets you somewhere ! Logic can be thrown out of the window.

Episode Events
RK continues watching from afar Shamsher and Padmini scene. How Padmini brought medicines for Shamsher and how she was taking care of him. He is jappy watching them and their relationship.
Bittuji comes and asks RK to come outside as he needs to see something. Outside they see the adamant Balraj doing a drama of ...doing pooja of RK...with aarti. I wonder where he got the lamp and pooja samagri  from. Maybe he stole from the studio. RK and Bittuji are upset with the commotion he is raising, ask him to leave. Upon further argument, RK promises, "okay you can make a movie with me". Balraj leaves. RK regrets that in the heat of the moment he made a mistake of saying yes to Balraj. Bittuji convinces RK, not to bother and think of it as a blessing in disguise. They can have the crazy man produce the film for Trishna and if things get revealed, they can back out and no one would believe this crazy man.
Later at night, RK and Madhu are practising a script for RK. Madhu repeatedly keeps failing with saying out RK's name each time. Soon that talk leads how Madhu never liked anything about films and how Shamsher had to take care of her in order for her mother and Roma to give the shots. This leads RK to bring the subject of his wish to have Padmini and Shamsher getting married. Madhu gets offended that RK still thinks from his polluted narrow mind and that he feels the need to marry of her parents inspite of their pure platonic relationship. RK explains that it is not that, but it is about her parents requirement for companionship in old age. They need each other's support much more when the children settle down away from them. Madhu is angry and says end of discussion.
In morning too, Madhu remains upset with RK and doesn't talk to him inspite of him calling her. He reaches dining hall and asks her why she is not talking to him and reminds her that not her, but only him can have that kind of attitude. She tries to serve food for him and he shoves the plate away and comes back to his room in anger. Radha is frightened and Madhu follows RK into his room.
The fight intensifies and Madhu blurts out that she is still upset with him for suggesting marriage of her parents thinking of their relationship as something impious. RK pulls the upset Madhu into his arms as he cannot see her like that. Hugging her, he says, that's not the case as she thinks of his proposal and that she should think about what he said in calm and collected mind. Madhu then counters RK by saying how about him asking forgiveness from his mother and she can then agree for his proposal.
RK is very upset at the turn of events and starts thinking over days events in his vanity van. He reads through the contract for Balraj's offer of becoming producer to his venture. He refuses lunch. Bittuji observes all of this and aks what happened. RK asks him to get married and see for himself what sort of troubles brew up. Very endearing scene. Must watch scene.
Finally Balraj comes in and Bittuji and RK ask him to sign the contract. They inform him that RK will only make a guest appearance in yhis movie and someone else will be the hero. And that heroine has been already short-listed. Balraj expresses his desire to see his heroine...who is none other than Trishna for whom RK is taking so much trouble.

Episode Reviews
Page 1 - SD, MarathiMulgi, Gurtiluv, tanu07
Page 2 - RKLover, SD, CoolChick, Zorica, Charu
Page 3 - MarathiMulgi, Leela9, zoya_naziya,
Page 4 - dramacrazy12, himbin, kt25, savz_uniqueblis, SD, Gurtiluv

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail
😆 😆 😆

I can't stop myself from having a "respity" laugh here...

I was explaining this last night over the previous ED thread (Page 4) and lo it already came true 😆

>>>>>
infact in my episode take today and like Tanu was saying, we have been expecting all along for RK to voice his thoughts about getting Shamsher and Padmini married.

Why the creatives use Dipali as an image is because, just the intelligent RK doing everything by himself will not be palatable to average audience. The would then contrue RK as some egoist who does what he thinks is right by his sheer power. The female viewers and conservative viewers would miss the argument, the logical thinking in this man, the social view of the POINT BEING DEBATED. So they show a negative image like Dipali, who seems to question something in evil way, then RK steps in...as he is antagonist to evil Dipali and he provides his logic (as he is that hurt person by Dips). This makes his argument palatable and not egotistical to all women and conservative men watching the show. Then this guy has to convince a stubborn Madhu as well. Viewers will go through entire catharis of breaking convention, questioning convention when RK argues with Madhu and when Madhu listens to him and then finally agrees to him whole heartedly in going with him in his unconventional manner. This helps those average traditional women understand RK when they see from Madhu's point who is like them. And in the end RK actually gifts Madhu or any of her loved ones a proper closure within convention. But by that time viewers have already agreed with him and they are happily surprised in RK participating in their conventional happiness with sheer delight without any hypocrisy.

So what I am saying is Dipali angle is brought in more for people to absorb RK's radical thought, which in some way Madhu will find it difficult to digest. But slowly it shall work its way.

>>>>>

ETA:
Another Respite

Its so funny to watch a stubborn Madhu putting up a condition to RK for listening to his expressed desire. While he had thought through it and wants her to think with calm mind, MAdhu took the desire as a negotiation. 😆 She is yet again blackmailing RK to listen to her condition if he wants to have his. What a negotiator !!!! 😆

BTW...that fight and that hug in anger...I liked it very much. Much more palatable to me than all their lovey dovey talk.
MarathiMulgi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

On the tune of  "Mein to aarti utaru re santoshi mata ki !!!" Sasur utare damad ki aarti!!!.

Ingenious and devious ploy by Ballu to get RK's attention and draw him into his fold. He bugged RK so much that RK lost his cool and made a rash decision to accept Ballu as a producer.

What's with Madhu's bachpana and outburst on RK's idea. He just voiced it, didn't say chalo abhi ke abhi Padmini aur Mallik ki shadi kar dete hein. Din ba din RK mature hota chala ja raha hai aur Madhu is becoming immature. Bhai jara thande dimag se socho to pehle.

Yeh kya har ek RK ke suzav par Madhu ka use chunauti dena ki pehle tum apni ma se suleh karo? It is getting irritating.  She needs to yet again thank RK for his perception, judgement and sensitivity towards her parent's well being in the future. Woh toh sahi bol raha hai. kyon nahi iske palle padta yeh? What is she afraid of? That there will be awkwardness in the parivar if this is attempted? How will she know unless she gives it a try?

This particular shade of Madhu's character so far has not come to the surface and it is now peeking out. RK needs to take heed to this and realize what dangers it can present him in the future if this is not curbed in time.

I wonder how Madhu never realized the silent undercurrents of Padmini and Malik's feelings towards each other before. Living in the same house all these years. Maybe it is true that sometimes you can't see what is  right in front of you and an outsider needs to make you aware of that.

Benam rishte ko jayaz naam dene se na to log badal jayenge nahi rishta tut jayega.

0-SD-0 thumbnail
MM,

Liked your review.
vaani21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MarathiMulgi

On the tune of  "Mein to aarti utaru re santoshi mata ki !!!" Sasur utare damad ki aarti!!!.

Ingenious and devious ploy by Ballu to get RK's attention and draw him into his fold. He bugged RK so much that RK lost his cool and made a rash decision to accept Ballu as a producer.

What's with Madhu's bachpana and outburst on RK's idea. He just voiced it, didn't say chalo abhi ke abhi Padmini aur Mallik ki shadi kar dete hein. Din ba din RK mature hota chala ja raha hai aur Madhu is becoming immature. Bhai jara thande dimag se socho to pehle.

Yeh kya har ek RK ke suzav par Madhu ka use chunauti dena ki pehle tum apni ma se suleh karo? It is getting irritating.  She needs to yet again thank RK for his perception, judgement and sensitivity towards her parent's well being in the future. Woh toh sahi bol raha hai. kyon nahi iske palle padta yeh? What is she afraid of? That there will be awkwardness in the parivar if this is attempted? How will she know unless she gives it a try?

This particular shade of Madhu's character so far has not come to the surface and it is now peeking out. RK needs to take heed to this and realize what dangers it can present him in the future if this is not curbed in time.

I wonder how Madhu never realized the silent undercurrents of Padmini and Malik's feelings towards each other before. Living in the same house all these years. Maybe it is true that sometimes you can't see what is  right in front of you and an outsider needs to make you aware of that.

Benam rishte ko jayaz naam dene se na to log badal jayenge nahi rishta tut jayega.

Good post👏
EnchantedForest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
The hug in anger was pretty hot. again shows RK's junoon as he cant bare to see Madhu upset or mad at him. RK tends to show his care in a very aggressive way. breaking trays because he does not wanting her to do domestic chores while she is sick. forcing juice, glucose or cold medicine down her mouth. there is def junoon in this ma.

about Madhu's anger it is very internal intimate thing for her as RK's fathers pictures were to him. in her mind her family always symbolized that you dont need to be blood related or society norm related to love one another. so what if she never got the love of her true father a stranger potrayed every duty of a father with his full heart. she thinks giving it a name with hurt this purity. sry to offend anyone I dont think Madhu over reacted atleast she didnt throw anything like RK. she has a right to be raged and furious just like he does.
Edited by Gurtiluv - 11 years ago
tanu07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

A nice episode… I am glad they showed difference of opinion between Madhu and RK on Padmini-RK's relationship.

Madhu, for that matter the entire Malik family is conditioned to think their family really doesn't have to be bond in relationships the society accepts. Understandable!  All their lives I am sure they have faced snide remarks and the family hasn't succumbed to it and have methodically avoided it. Madhu's words of 'pavitra' and 'naam ki zarurat nahi hai' was what I am sure the entire family feels. So she lashing out on RK was given. But RK did show amazing maturity not to hold that against her. I loved the scene he hugged her and yet again explained what he meant. 'Badi bachi banke sochna' was such a considerate way of telling her to think as a grown up daughter.

What put me off was Madhu holding him to ransom.  If she didn't want to discuss she could have refused him yet again… she didn't have to throw a deal at him. It was almost like it was a strategy to stop him from talking about Malik-Padmini…. Reminded me of the photo deal and I didn't like it. For the last time Madhu, If RK has to reconcile with his mom… he has nothing to apologise for!  Why does she think that it is all RK's fault? She has seen him reconcile with so many things and people… herself, her family and the almighty! Does she think it is fashionable for him to snub his mother? Did she hear him when he spoke about how 3 people closest to him broke his heart? Even after that why does Madhu feel he should apologise??? I will feel like an idiot if RK apologises to Radha for no fault of his. One reason why I want RK's involvement in Padmini-RK's wedding is to make people around him realise he isn't averse to remarriage and he doesn't hold it against his mom either… that is not the reason he is upset with his mom. I am sure if Bhatia was half as good a human that Malik is, RK would have been more than glad to accept his as a father. What I liked about RK today was that he was being very patient with madhu even after she put that condition infront of him. He was upset for sure because of which he didn't eat… but he wasn't mad at her… he will get home and try again.

Nice scene between Padmini-Malik and Madhu… Now that RK has put in the keeda into Madhu's mind may be she will start seeing things differently. She will probably realise that how her mom frets over Malik's medicines is similar to her being RK's chemical Biwi.

Another moment which seemed like a script of the erstwhile(?!?) Madhubala… Madhu's aversion to the film industry…

Ballu does have a twisted way of getting things done from RK and so easily at that. Not a very good sign…    

Trishna and Ballu finally meet… did Trishna recognise Ballu?

Ananya05 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Balraj showdown continues. He creates a tamasha on the sets to grab RKs attention and unfortunately succeeds. Two things are hurting me badly from today's episode.

1. As mentioned, Balraj comes up with a marvelous plan of worshiping RKs poster to catch the attention of onlookers and eventually RK. Makes me wonder, how desperate is he to strike this deal. And the decision RK took in haste at last loosing his cool did not go down well with me. Going by the way Balraj was hell bent to strike this deal, I fear he does have some hidden agenda. I have not seen initial episodes, so I might as well be wrong in judging his actions. Please bear with me. But I did not like the fact that ballu was indeed able to convince RK so easily with his antiques. It is scary.

2. RKs reaction to Madhus ignorance towards him. It is scary to see him so upset and out of temper when Madhu has been ignoring him only for few minutes. Wonder what this guy would do when their relationship has to go through bigger challenges.

Coming to Madhu's reaction, Shri explained it really well how RK will have to go through an entire process to convince her with his unconventional and radical thought. So, her reaction not to agree for her Maa and Maliks marriage is acceptable and relatable. Had she agreed to it immediately, it would have been against her character and shocking for us viewer's.
What bothered me was her putting up a condition in front of RK to seek forgiveness from his mother and make peace with her in return for agreeing to get Padmini-Malik married. Seriously girl? One moment you are so against the thought of this marriage(for you conventional mannerisms. Accepted), but within seconds you are ready to give that all up if your husband heeds to your condition? I expected a bigger and better driving force in Madhu's thought process(something along the lines of 1. what might be the reasons RK came up with this idea? 2. Do my Maa and Malik really have something more to their relation than just respect? 3. Will it actually make them happy to stay together as husband-wife?). I cannot relate to this. How can you take such a big decision based only upon if your husband agress to a certain condition of yours?To add to this, I do not see a reason for RK to ask forgiveness from his mother if they have to make peace between them. Madhu has to understand that things wont work out this way. Radhaji has to actively do something to reconcile with her son. She can not count on Madhu for every single move.

Now, RK-ballu deal. They seem to be moving really fast. Ek din me deal final, dusre din contract sign. Wah!! And the man now wants to meet the heroine. Trishna should recognize him if they come face to face.

An aside, I liked Bittuji-RK conversation in the van. RK was looking like a typical married man who is having a bad day coz of a fight with his wife.😆 and then he says to bittuji set pe jo bhi agla koi ayega apki shadi karwa dunga..😆 😆

@Shri: Even I liked the anger and fight wala hug. I guess it was the first time from RKs side. So, lets say a lil progress.👏
Edited by RKLover - 11 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail
I liked the episode. Very much. Wil give an A

Theme being ...Stubborness and Craziness gets you somewhere ! Logic can be thrown out of the window

Continuing from yesterday, so the creatives nicely changed yesterday's precap scene and Padmini and Balraj do not see each other.

Stubborn and Crazy Balraj
What if he had been sent away from the party. He gets another novel and crazy idea. He starts "aarti" of RK the Superstar in front of the poster. The commotion and attention he raises, is enough to drive RK crazy and he agrees to let Balraj become his producer. Balraj gets his way.

Stubborn and Crazy Madhu
What if RK made her unhappy talking about getting Padmini and  Shamsher get married. How dare he!! But then...no she has a plan. She knows how to get back to RK for making her unhappy. Forget about her parent's happiness, its all about her promise to Radhaji to return her son. Squeeze it out of RK while she has chance for it. She blackmails him...ask forgiveness from your mother and then I shall relent and agree to have my parents married. 

Must say Madhu is an excellent negotiator...Chit bhi uski, Pat bhi uski
Head..she wins...RK will refuse to ask forgiveness from Rads...No prob, She does not have to work on her parents marriage.
Tails ...She wins. RK will ask forgiveness from Rads...Madhu gets to have fulfilled her promise to Rads about Ma-Beta Milaap

Can Madhu get any dumber and childish ?
She is acting as an immature brat who doesn't how to deal with RK Logic Express. So she pulls out all her crazy horns! Gosh!! RK married a Child-Wife. Period. She is like the child who is happy to see the world as is and romp and stomp in it with all protection from its parents. Seldom it has time or care to think what might be bothering the parents or what might be the parents sacrificing for its happiness. Hope Madhu really thinks with a cooler mind as RK suggested to her. If she cannot think as Padmini and Shamsher's daughter, atleast she can think as the daughter who is now married to another man, no more just the daughter. 
And will she ever learn not to blackmail RK...with those use of photographs or today's condition at his seemingly desirous outcome. She seems to get a lot of pleasure pinching him hard. 

We are having so far 4 negative traits for Madhu the Self-Righteous
  1. She is dumb and in her dumbness can hurt her loved ones (not just RK, anyone) - majorly Mukund track and we always see her being dim.
  2. She is stubborn without any reason.
  3. She can stoop to blackmail if she thinks it is right to do so. - Meri Maa se Maafi maango track in Aug/Sep and now Tumhaari Maa se Maafi Maango condition
  4. She pries into other's privacy and has also audacity to wreak havoc in other's lives through her ill-formed opinions around those scoops. - Ganesha track and her promises to Rads and claiming to change RK almost pushing him towards death, Shamsher track and now Letter/note reading

RK and his woes with Crazy Gang around him
The man truly portryayed his marriage woes with that Child-Wife of his in a sarcastic pleasurable way, biding his time, reading the contract for Balraj, refusing his lunch and sharing his woes with his ally Bittuji. He was so sweetly pissed off that he wanted Bittuji to be married and burning in the same hell as him. 🤣 That was just awesome to watch.

Then the man had to deal with his new found sponsor...the crazy Balraj. Who signs without seeing anything...for how does it matter to him what he signs. He knows only to play with his Tamancha (Pistol). That tamancha is the ultimate binding contract for him. RK doesn't yet know that...but we know it. 😆 The guy was disappointed that RK was not starring in his self-produced film...but he is happy to see his heroine. 😆 

That's another story for tomorrow when RK's crazily jealous and Hawa Mein Udne waali Heroine Trishna will meet Balraj. Will she recognize her father ? Will she be stubborn enough to forget Balraj and let her dreams of becoming a Heroine play on ? We have to watch this tomorrow.

I have begun to enjoy the flawed characters around Rishabh Kundra and it will be nice to see, how he wades through it all. And Rishabh Kundra is self-confessed RK, who does not know what goes on his mind. 😆 So I guess he can wade through it...

Best scenes for me were
  1. RK and Madhu practicing the script
  2. RK and Bittuji playing friends...sharing and listening to woes
  3. RK and Madhu fight at the table and that hug. I liked it very much.