Debate Mansion

Where do you think we came from? (Page 98)

Post Reply New Post

Page 98 of 143

K.Universe.

Goldie

K.Universe.

Posted: 23 March 2013 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

There is this another possibility that there are actually TWO different Universes that merged together ? May be inside a Brane ? And this is why the LIGHT denisity is differnt at different locations  ? Hence the topologies differ ?

Vintu ...
Tongue

Two universes merging? You mean like this: Ying Yang

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Where do you think we came from? (Page 98)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

K.Universe.

Goldie

K.Universe.

Posted: 23 March 2013 at 1:02pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by K.Universe.

^^ what exists in the "cold spot" if even radiation is missing there?

Around it ...Not inside it ...The Polarization which means the Vibrations that emanated from one single location in one direction ..

Vintu ...Tongue

exactly, i am not interested in the around it part, i am interested in the inside it part.

they are quick to come up with words you know. they are calling it a "super void"

if void has energy, then super void has what? note that even radiation is not detectable. and it's not a black hole. it's like space itself has gone missing there. imagine a egg where the shell and it's contents are missing on one side.

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 23 March 2013 at 1:03pm | IP Logged

There is this another possibility that there are actually TWO different Universes that merged together ? May be inside a Brane ? And this is why the LIGHT denisity is differnt at different locations  ? Hence the topologies differ ?

Vintu ...
Tongue

Two universes merging? You mean like this: Ying Yang

Not exactly that ^^^^  Unless one of those two Universes is completely dark ...LOL ..Which doesn't seem true as the Light density is present ...In different proportion though ..

Vintu ...Tongue

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 23 March 2013 at 1:05pm | IP Logged

^^ what exists in the "cold spot" if even radiation is missing there?

Around it ...Not inside it ...The Polarization which means the Vibrations that emanated from one single location in one direction ..

Vintu ...Tongue

exactly, i am not interested in the around it part, i am interested in the inside it part.

they are quick to come up with words you know. they are calling it a "super void"

if void has energy, then super void has what? note that even radiation is not detectable. and it's not a black hole. it's like space itself has gone missing there. imagine a egg where the shell and it's contents are missing on one side.

Hahaha ...Why would anyone even suspect that to be a Black Hole ?  ..Black holes are HoT ..aren't they ? There can't be a COLD black hole ...On another thought I wonder how black holes become dormant ...Like Sagitarius A ? ..I read somewhere that it has become dormant ..What do they mean by that ? Has it become COLD ? Tongue

Vintu ...Tongue

K.Universe.

Goldie

K.Universe.

Posted: 23 March 2013 at 1:15pm | IP Logged

Hahaha ...Why would anyone even suspect that to be a Black Hole ?  ..Black holes are HoT ..aren't they ? There can't be a COLD black hole ...On another thought I wonder how black holes become dormant ...Like Sagitarius A ? ..I read somewhere that it has become dormant ..What do they mean by that ? Has it become COLD ? Tongue

Oh, I wasn't saying anyone suspected the cold patch to be a black hole; I was only giving my version of what I believe it to be which is not a black hole, lest anyone does suspect it to be a black hole.

Dormant as in inactive. Inactive as in not feeding on matter. Cold as in no new matter, no new emission of radiation. Hot as in feeding on matter and emission of radiation. Nothing to question there?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.Wine

K.Universe.

Goldie

K.Universe.

Posted: 23 March 2013 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
It looks like in "reality", we could have
a) space (what we have all around us and see)
b) spaces within space (as in less than Planck length of space)
c) curved space (giving rise to gravity)
d) infinitely curved space (black holes)
e) no space at some stretches of space ("cold spots", "super voids")

BirdieNumNum

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 23 March 2013 at 1:22pm | IP Logged

Oh, I wasn't saying anyone suspected the cold patch to be a black hole; I was only giving my version of what I believe it to be which is not a black hole, lest anyone does suspect it to be a black hole.

Dormant as in inactive. Inactive as in not feeding on matter. Cold as in no new matter, no new emission of radiation. Hot as in feeding on matter and emission of radiation. Nothing to question there?

Um ..I guess I guess I have a question. A black hole to exist in a Time Bound equation as illustrated by Hawkings ..It must Emit some radiation in proportion to the absorbed photon particles. So this is what I meant when I asked if Sagitarius A has become Cold ...And temptreture too comes in the picture cause emission and absorbtion entail tempreture. We know that the CMB is discovered at Minus a 276 degrees or so. So how cold should a cold patch be to be colder than that in terms of tempreture. It is detected because of the surrounding radiation. Right ? If there wasn't radiation around it. There wouldnta been a way to oberve it ..I guess ..

Vintu ...Tongue

Edited by Vintage.Wine - 23 March 2013 at 1:22pm

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 10:21am | IP Logged

It looks like in "reality", we could have
a) space (what we have all around us and see)
b) spaces within space (as in less than Planck length of space)
c) curved space (giving rise to gravity)
d) infinitely curved space (black holes)
e) no space at some stretches of space ("cold spots", "super voids")

and it could be-
f)  space that exists in our mind
g) space some people have between the earsLOL

i find it weird to think that everything we experience exists in our minds (either as brain activity or something layered over). We cant possibly ever know what's "out there" for sure because what we really have is a model of reality in our minds. It might be a good model or a distorted one (for example when someone's on LSD). Even when we're sober, we see an object as solid or having color, yet we "know" it's basically an energy soup, something totally different from the way we model it. So even when we have our faculties about us, the model might at best be a fairly good one, not an accurate one.

another thing- we often talk about observer/ observed. The obvious question we've still not answered is who the observer is. The entire nervous system? That's a whole lot of energy particles. Something intangible in addition to the brain/ sensory system that we call consciousness?

just to get some this going again...Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.WineK.Universe.moomin4455boreddamsel

Post Reply New Post

Go to top