Debate Mansion

Where do you think we came from? (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 143

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 25 January 2013 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Oh! ...Hahaha ...LOL  ...That's one ripper of a point you made ...And I agree to that ...And I promise to myself that  I ll be fearless  when I ll become a Priest ..or a Saint ..Which I'm scheduled to be any time before my 170th birthday ... Yay !!  ..LOL

On a serious note (for a change)  : 
I believe FEAR as told in the religion, The christianty here has a wider meaning ... Do not fear the Death must be for the ones for whome it is imminent ....Like for instance ..um ..The warriors ? or may be someone suffering from a critical illness ?  ...Well ..The times have changed ...and so the Dogma of 2000 years ago , the antwacky one needs to be updated .and made contemporary according to the current situation ..

Christ himself wasn't the God ..he said he was his Son, The messagner I guess ..So the current Pope or the ones that preeceded or would succeed him can't be Gods and might want to evade the similar fate that the Christ met ...Look..The whole point is ..Not Fearing the Death ..shouldn't mean not protecting yourself from the danger thats lurking 24*7 ...No one can trap themselves inside a cage, unarmed alongwith a hungry lion ..and call that fearlesness ..or braveness...Tongue...The current situation is no different than that ...Wandering unprotected for all prominent figures and the exalted ones is equally dangerous and rather suicidal...In the current Era w
here quite a few killers reletless and desguised as the crusaders are on the loose ..and they have weapons and a will to gun people down ...Ouch ...That can't be termed as  bravery ..But an attempt of Suicide... LOL  ..And if the Popes with all the dexterity are gone ..Who the heck ll help the religion sprwal ...? as I ain't ready right now for that task ... LOL  ..Cause the deceased Pope would be as good  for the task as No Pope ... I guess ..LOL ...

But anyways ..I know your post was humorous ..rather than some serious stuff .as I said earlier on ..and you agreed to that ...like an odd someone in my case...LOL ..So I would wana raise this toast to you and say ...  " Here's to the Girl who is wisest and best ...
                                                                  Here's to the Girl with her judgment its blest ...
                                                                  Here's to the Girl who's as smart as can be ...
                                                                  I drink to the Girl who agrees with me ..
." <<<  LOL

Cheers !! and keep posting ...Wink

Hic !

Vintu ...A fearless Saint to be ...Tongue

Ps:   And here I surmise you are a girl ...Sheesh! ..My eyesight ...I needed a telescope to see your DP and know that ...  <<<<Just kidding ...LOL

Here, here..I'll drink to that. And Cheers to the preordained Saint. May you be blessed with the best  bulletproof armor money can buy. LOL

Again, I agree with what you said...on the serious tide of things. The idea of protection is practical and has valid reasoning. The idea of not fearing death is more than just walking in front of an oncoming bus to prove how fearless you are. But I must ask, if the Pope were to die in the line of duty, meaning serving God and spreading the teaching of Christ, wouldn't he die a martyr? I don't know what the Bible promises its martyrs but I assume its something that matches the 72 virgins promised to the jihadists. Why is the Pope so hell bent on not being a martyr? What are we missing here? LOL

And yes you surmised correctly, sorry for any inconvenience the squinting may have caused, lol.

Now FT is going to kill me for hijacking his thread and the FBI monitoring our internet use will have a field day with my holy grail of a post...mentioning the Pope, jihad, and hijacking. I can only hope they share my sardonic sense of humor. Wink

Edited by McNinja - 25 January 2013 at 3:03pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.Wine

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Where do you think we came from? (Page 8)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 2:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 2:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

EDIT

I promised myself to stay away from these God topics and I am not going to break it.
I thought you will post God's last name ''Damn it''Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Prana4HealingBeyond_the_Veil

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 9:01am | IP Logged

Holy dooley !! ... Welcome back and to the Square One again ...LOL ...@ Bold : Yeah this is exactly what I have been screaming for yonks ..See my earlier post ( @ Bold # 4 ) as a referrence to that...

Also it looks pretty suprficial to me to limit the definition of conciousness to the one that's medically approved when it comes to knowing God..The arrangement of the molecules matter the most which I guess the conscious energy chooses as the one  ...Unlike me a who chooses anything  that  
makes my life a trippy one ..LOL

Vintu ...Tongue

oh thanks. I guess you were making the same point. And i never felt so welcome as now.LOL

Vintage.Wine

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by McNinja

Here, here..I'll drink to that. And Cheers to the preordained Saint. May you be blessed with the best  bulletproof armor money can buy. LOL
And yes you surmised correctly, sorry for any inconvenience the squinting may have caused, lol.
Now FT is going to kill me for hijacking his thread and the FBI monitoring our internet use will have a field day with my holy grail of a post...mentioning the Pope, jihad, and hijacking. I can only hope they share my sardonic sense of humor. Wink

@ Bold1:  Hahaha ..Thats so darn right..This is what makes me stall my decision to become a Priest, a Saint right away. ...Not that I'm not Saintly or  Rich Blushing  ...I'm easily the Weathiest Secret guy ever ..But that's unless I buy something ...LOL

@ Bold 2:  And do not fear the death Ninja Girl  Ouch...If FT makes an attempt on our lives ...I ll be your gambeson and you be my armor ...Now does that sound fine ? 
  ...Just a reason for me to swig another steinful of wine ...LOL

Vintu ...Tongue

McNinja

K.Universe.

K.Universe.

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:28am | IP Logged
How do you suppose we find answers to the big questions if all we are interested in is senseless jabber, gratuitous likes and superfluous emoticons?

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

How do you suppose we find answers to the big questions if all we are interested in is senseless jabber, gratuitous likes and superfluous emoticons?

ya we need to indulge in serious pursuits, none of the frivolous things like sitting newton-like under a tree and waiting for the apple to hit us, or taking an archimedes-type bath.LOL

by the way, before we return to the topic, where the heck did you come from. I mean where were you all these days?LOL

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 29 January 2013 at 10:31am

K.Universe.

K.Universe.

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:48am | IP Logged
I was mourning the non-event that the Mayan prediction was :(

I liked your point about interconnectedness. But I am sure you realize that interconnectedness amounts to encoding; there has to be a decoder too somewhere. An RNA for a DNA, if you will.

BirdieNumNum

Post Reply New Post

Go to top