Debate Mansion

Where do you think we came from? (Page 77)

Post Reply New Post

Page 77 of 143

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 27 February 2013 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

Originally posted by _Angie_

In other words to confirm whether you indeed found what you set out to find you would first have to have a very clear picture of it. How would one apply that to seeking The Ultimate Truth or The Absolute Truth?

I have a very clear picture of nothing :)
... then you will surely get it  : ))

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Where do you think we came from? (Page 77)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 28 February 2013 at 1:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

So,  you think ultimately it will be either one word or one image it will boil down to?

Why not one character or one pixel?

Well K ..I ain't gonna lie here ...I truly believe its gonna be that One Magical word we are headed towards ...as our final conclusion...And the word in itself has the widest scope...A character, A pixel ...It encompasses everything that's known and even the unknown ...Ouch

Vintu ...
Tongue

for someone used to trading on different possibilities,i wouldn't rule this out. We have DNA (i think)  that carries all the information needed to create life, similarly when we finish dissecting all the particles down to the "lowest" level, there well might be a particle DNA that tells the universe how to evolve. in that sense, that particle DNA could well be our Lord and Master.Smile 
DNA is more like a messenger boy than a Lord . It is subject to lot of influences from its environment . Number of factors could switch the codons on and off ! The master would be one with the remote control to that .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.Winemoomin4455

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 28 February 2013 at 8:54am | IP Logged

If virtual particles get acceptance why not frogs and their hearing abilities LOL Lets see...Tongue

A man was proudly telling his friend that his son would grow up into a great scientist.  When asked how he could be so sure he replied that at this young age his son had already discovered that a frog hears with its legs. The friend  was surprised and asked what led to that discovery. The father explained -

My son  was investigating the jumping ability of frogs. He put a frog down, said "jump, frog, jump" and the frog jumped 15 feet, so he wrote in his note book "frog with four legs jumps 15 feet."

He then cut off one of the frog's legs, said "jump, frog, jump" and the frog jumped ten feet, so he wrote in his note book "frog with three legs jumps ten feet."

He then cut off another of the frog's legs, said "jump, frog, jump" and the frog jumped five feet, so he wrote in his note book "frog with two legs jumps five feet."

He then cut off another of the frog's legs, said "jump, frog, jump" and the frog jumped two feet, so he wrote in his note book "frog with one leg jumps two feet."

He then cut off the last of the frog's legs, said "jump, frog, jump" but the frog didn't jump. He said "jump, frog, jump" again, but the frog still didn't jump. So he wrote in his note book "frog with no legs can't hear."

No leg no hear ----- no brain no consciousness-----  Is that how it was? Tongue

Vintage.Wine_Angie_

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 28 February 2013 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

If virtual particles get acceptance why not frogs and their hearing abilities LOL Lets see...Tongue

A man was proudly telling his friend that his son would grow up into a great scientist.  When asked how he could be so sure he replied that at this young age his son had already discovered that a frog hears with its legs. The friend  was surprised and asked what led to that discovery. The father explained -

My son  was investigating the jumping ability of frogs. He put a frog down, said "jump, frog, jump" and the frog jumped 15 feet, so he wrote in his note book "frog with four legs jumps 15 feet."

He then cut off one of the frog's legs, said "jump, frog, jump" and the frog jumped ten feet, so he wrote in his note book "frog with three legs jumps ten feet."

He then cut off another of the frog's legs, said "jump, frog, jump" and the frog jumped five feet, so he wrote in his note book "frog with two legs jumps five feet."

He then cut off another of the frog's legs, said "jump, frog, jump" and the frog jumped two feet, so he wrote in his note book "frog with one leg jumps two feet."

He then cut off the last of the frog's legs, said "jump, frog, jump" but the frog didn't jump. He said "jump, frog, jump" again, but the frog still didn't jump. So he wrote in his note book "frog with no legs can't hear."

Aww ..Haha ..That to me sounds like a real Smart frog eh! ..Cool ...Did the frog not pretend to have become deaf after the boy asked him to jump too many times ? Tongue

Vintu ...Tongue

Edited by Vintage.Wine - 28 February 2013 at 12:47pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 28 February 2013 at 11:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

I think in the end he too would have to believe what You believe, what K believes and once upon a time ..even Einstein believed ..

I believe I stand  exactly on the dividing line between
a. The Micro and The Macro
b. The Yin and The Yang.
c. The theists and the atheists
d. The near-infinite universe and the near-zero singularity

Haha ...But if its a debate all of us have gotta take a stand right ? ..Look at me ..I reached out for the God's hand...  Cause I know, he makes  the world go round ...LOL

@ Bold :  Well ...Aren't those two scenarios two sides of one coin ? The the God musta flipped ? ...LOL ...The point is ..D << Doesn't sound like a Either / Or scenario while the first three do ..to me ..Ouch

Vintu ...
Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 01 March 2013 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

At times one does wonder whether our  consciousness arises within the brain or does our brain merely act as a receiver of an informational field of consciouness?  The prospective studies carried on in  Netherland on some  cases of near death experiences(NDE) in survivors of cardiac arrest lead to some interesting findings and more questions.

The paradoxical occurrence of heightened, lucid awareness and logical thought processes during a period of impaired cerebral perfusion raises particular perplexing questions for our current understanding of consciousness and its relation to brain function. A clear sensorium and complex perceptual processes during a period of apparent clinical death challenge the concept that consciousness is localized exclusively in the brain.

Could our brain be compared to the TV set, which receives electromagnetic waves and transforms them into image and sound, as well as to the TV camera, which transforms image and sound into electromagnetic waves? This electromagnetic radiation holds the essence of all information, but is only perceivable by our senses through suitable instruments like camera and TV set.

The informational fields of our consciousness and of our memories, both evolving during our lifetime by our experiences and by the informational input from our sense organs, are present around us, and become available to our waking consciousness only through our functioning brain (and other cells of our body) in the shape of electromagnetic fields. As soon as the function of the brain has been lost, as in clinical death or brain death, memories and consciousness perhaps do still exist, but the receptivity is lost, the connection is interrupted

zorrromoomin4455

K.Universe.

K.Universe.

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Nice progress in the last 10+ days.

Gives me confidence that I placed my trust in the right gang when attempting to solve these fundamental questions.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
^^ Well, gangs dont function without their gang leaders you know LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top