Debate Mansion

Where do you think we came from? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 143

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by McNinja

Updated on page 6. Finally. LOL

Um ...I would choose to turn up my nose at the page # 6 update ...Cause to the best of my knowledge The God that the Pope talks about has never promulgated that One must Die and get back to him .... I haven't heard the Pope asking the ones who followed the Dogma to die . ..Smile  ...And when the death is  inevitable then whats the hurry I say? ..LOL

So I guess The Pope too has a right to Fear to Die ..Just as every other human ...So It looks okay to me if he wants to live...and percieve the page # 6 update as some sageual attempt at the humour and didly but that ..LOL

Vintu ...Tongue

Edited by Vintage.Wine - 24 January 2013 at 8:37pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

McNinja

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Where do you think we came from? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Originally posted by Freethinker112

Not just human beings, how matter became alive? How come a bunch of molecules turned aware.
it's not just a bunch of molecules, it's a bunch of molecules in certain configurations connected in specific ways that come to life. This "interconnectedness" aspect is what most people miss. i know this is just kicking the can down the road, but i thought it important to point out. 

Holy dooley !! ... Welcome back and to the Square One again ...LOL ...@ Bold : Yeah this is exactly what I have been screaming for yonks ..See my earlier post ( @ Bold # 4 ) as a referrence to that...

Also it looks pretty suprficial to me to limit the definition of conciousness to the one that's medically approved when it comes to knowing God..The arrangement of the molecules matter the most which I guess the conscious energy chooses as the one  ...Unlike me a who chooses anything  that  
makes my life a trippy one ..LOL

Vintu ...Tongue

BirdieNumNum

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Um ...I would choose to turn up my nose at the page # 6 update ...Cause to the best of my knowledge The God that the Pope talks about has never promulgated that One must Die and get back to him .... I haven't heard the Pope asking the ones who followed the Dogma to die . ..Smile  ...And when the death is  inevitable then whats the hurry I say? ..LOL

So I guess The Pope too has a right to Fear to Die ..Just as every other human ...So It looks okay to me if he wants to live...and percieve the page # 6 update as some sageual attempt at the humour and didly but that ..LOL

Vintu ...Tongue

The Bible says about death "once a person is a believer in Christ, They should not fear death anymore since their future is eternally secure" and also says "do not be afraid of those who kill the body but can't harm the soul." 

Bible has many more such passages in John, Philippians, Corinthians which teach to conquer your fear of death and about death being a natural process, after which you are reunited with your Lord. Of course, provided you are of true faith.

Now the Pope is the apparent Vicar of Christ among us, so the next best thing to Christ I suppose and thought worthy of upholding the teachings of the religions. One would assume he of all people has understood and practiced the religion the way it is narrated in the scriptures. The point isn't to not want to live, the point is what need is there for him to fear death, being armed to the teeth. Why not let fate do its work and practice what you preach? 

So yes, while the post on page 6 was meant in humor, the idea of the pope trotting around in armed cars and what not is ironic to me. In fact, I find all religious leaders that act like this to be ironic.LOL LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.WineVinzy

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 25 January 2013 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Ahhh faith!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hPAIN0qhhpw/S7N8wgP92hI/AAACDg/IgWBjae3SWo/s1600/Faith.jpg

McNinja

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 25 January 2013 at 9:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Ahhh faith!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hPAIN0qhhpw/S7N8wgP92hI/AAACDg/IgWBjae3SWo/s1600/Faith.jpg

Is this suppose to go to an actual blog? This takes us to an 404 error, Not found. Which is fitting as well, LOL

return_to_hades

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 25 January 2013 at 10:14am | IP Logged

Ahhh faith!

Is this suppose to go to an actual blog? This takes us to an 404 error, Not found. Which is fitting as well, LOL

When I linked it this morning it took to a blog image of the Pope mobile with the tag line Faith: Nothing says I trust you God than 3" of bulletproof grass. (or something like that)

But then again the cake is a lie, so…….error 404 not found. LOL

McNinja

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 25 January 2013 at 11:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

The Bible says about death "once a person is a believer in Christ, They should not fear death anymore since their future is eternally secure" and also says "do not be afraid of those who kill the body but can't harm the soul." 

Bible has many more such passages in John, Philippians, Corinthians which teach to conquer your fear of death and about death being a natural process, after which you are reunited with your Lord. Of course, provided you are of true faith.

Now the Pope is the apparent Vicar of Christ among us, so the next best thing to Christ I suppose and thought worthy of upholding the teachings of the religions. One would assume he of all people has understood and practiced the religion the way it is narrated in the scriptures. The point isn't to not want to live, the point is what need is there for him to fear death, being armed to the teeth. Why not let fate do its work and practice what you preach? 

So yes, while the post on page 6 was meant in humor, the idea of the pope trotting around in armed cars and what not is ironic to me. In fact, I find all religious leaders that act like this to be ironic.LOL LOL

Oh! ...Hahaha ...LOL  ...That's one ripper of a point you made ...And I agree to that ...And I promise to myself that  I ll be fearless  when I ll become a Priest ..or a Saint ..Which I'm scheduled to be any time before my 170th birthday ... Yay !!  ..LOL

On a serious note (for a change)  : 
I believe FEAR as told in the religion, The christianty here has a wider meaning ... Do not fear the Death must be for the ones for whome it is imminent ....Like for instance ..um ..The warriors ? or may be someone suffering from a critical illness ?  ...Well ..The times have changed ...and so the Dogma of 2000 years ago , the antwacky one needs to be updated .and made contemporary according to the current situation ..

Christ himself wasn't the God ..he said he was his Son, The messagner I guess ..So the current Pope or the ones that preeceded or would succeed him can't be Gods and might want to evade the similar fate that the Christ met ...Look..The whole point is ..Not Fearing the Death ..shouldn't mean not protecting yourself from the danger thats lurking 24*7 ...No one can trap themselves inside a cage, unarmed alongwith a hungry lion ..and call that fearlesness ..or braveness...Tongue...The current situation is no different than that ...Wandering unprotected for all prominent figures and the exalted ones is equally dangerous and rather suicidal...In the current Era w
here quite a few killers reletless and desguised as the crusaders are on the loose ..and they have weapons and a will to gun people down ...Ouch ...That can't be termed as  bravery ..But an attempt of Suicide... LOL  ..And if the Popes with all the dexterity are gone ..Who the heck ll help the religion sprwal ...? as I ain't ready right now for that task ... LOL  ..Cause the deceased Pope would be as good  for the task as No Pope ... I guess ..LOL ...

But anyways ..I know your post was humorous ..rather than some serious stuff .as I said earlier on ..and you agreed to that ...like an odd someone in my case...LOL ..So I would wana raise this toast to you and say ...  " Here's to the Girl who is wisest and best ...
                                                                  Here's to the Girl with her judgment its blest ...
                                                                  Here's to the Girl who's as smart as can be ...
                                                                  I drink to the Girl who agrees with me ..
." <<<  LOL

Cheers !! and keep posting ...Wink

Hic !

Vintu ...A fearless Saint to be ...Tongue

Ps:   And here I surmise you are a girl ...Sheesh! ..My eyesight ...I needed a telescope to see your DP and know that ...  <<<<Just kidding ...LOL

McNinja

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 25 January 2013 at 2:34pm | IP Logged

When I linked it this morning it took to a blog image of the Pope mobile with the tag line Faith: Nothing says I trust you God than 3" of bulletproof grass. (or something like that)

But then again the cake is a lie, so''.error 404 not found. LOL

All I have to say is, well played Internet. Taking the search for faith to a 404 error. LOL

I found the picture you were talking about. Also found a meme that had the same picture with the caption "sells you the idea of heaven. Avoids heaven for as long as possible" 

Ah yes. LOL

return_to_hades

Post Reply New Post

Go to top