Debate Mansion

Where do you think we came from? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 143

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xarina

Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

We were deposited here by the Navigator who could not return us to our own planet because it had been destroyed. LOL

Sorry for jumping in, Big smile  Looking for a new interest.

Vodka and orange is my drink of choice but I am partial to a rum and coke now and then. Big smile  Atm I am quite sane LOL.  Mary Standy must have had a few by the looks of it.  Scars? Yeah, right.  I read love bites LOL  Interested about the cosier place thoughBig smile

Awww ..Did ya really think for once that she went rolling in the hay ? With Aliens ?  LOL  ..Sheesh! You are crazier than me  LOL...In a nicer way Tongue ...Well Xarina I know you might think I'm too drunk to know that I'm too drunk to debate  ..But trust me  I ain't telling ya porky pies ..Oh Please !  Ouch ...She literraly made me go bonkers  Cry..Not just with what she had to show me Tongue ..but with all that she said and that manic alien site she hosted..That  buxom, wily thing .. ...I ll give ya the link to the site once I remember that ..Not right now cause I can't even remember my own name ...LOL ...Huh! And the diary where I had jotted down all the details about me , thats missing too ...I bet Its gotta be my beaut,  sloven maid Blushing who steals my stuff like that ...Yesterday it was my toothbrush and on Monday the heart ..LOL

Its been yonks since I last had a chance to yabber with  someone as crazy as her ..I was fiending for such wacky chat ..All thanks to you to come to my rescue ..And make me feel the same ..Tongue  << Kidding again ..LOL ..Anyways..WelCome to the thread ..Keep posting ..Will ya ? Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Xarina

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Where do you think we came from? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 2:18pm | IP Logged

We were deposited here by the Navigator who could not return us to our own planet because it had been destroyed. LOL

Vodka and orange is my drink of choice but I am partial to a rum and coke now and then. Big smile  Atm I am quite sane LOL.  Mary Standy must have had a few by the looks of it.  Scars? Yeah, right.  I read love bites LOL  Interested about the cosier place thoughBig smile

Awww ..Did ya really think for once that she went rolling in the hay ? With Aliens ?  LOL  ..Sheesh! You are crazier than me  LOL...In a nicer way Tongue ...Well Xarina I know you might think I'm too drunk to know that I'm too drunk to debate  ..But trust me  I ain't telling ya porky pies ..Oh Please !  Ouch ...She literraly made me go bonkers  Cry..Not just with what she had to show me Tongue ..but with all that she said and that manic alien site she hosted..That  buxom, wily thing .. ...I ll give ya the link to the site once I remember that ..Not right now cause I can't even remember my own name ...LOL ...Huh! And the diary where I had jotted down all the details about me , thats missing too ...I bet Its gotta be my beaut,  sloven maid Blushing who steals my stuff like that ...Yesterday it was my toothbrush and on Monday the heart ..LOL

Its been yonks since I last had a chance to yabber with  someone as crazy as her ..I was fiending for such wacky chat ..All thanks to you to come to my rescue ..And make me feel the same ..Tongue  << Kidding again ..LOL ..Anyways..WelCome to the thread ..Keep posting ..Will ya ? Big smile

Me and think Shocked.  That's a new one ROFL.  Careful with the maid. From the previous comments it looks like she stole your liver too.  Big smile  Look at that we have covered 'They Came from Outer Space (B movie) Fifty Shades and even Silence of the Lambs.  
Thank you for the welcome. SmileAs long as I haven't relegated sulking brain to the corner for thinking inappropriate thoughts I will comment. Big smile

Vintage.Wine

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

Questions need to be asked properly before we can venture into the answers. Where "we" came from? Is that supposed to encompass the whole of universe, or the known knowns of the universe? The beginning of time, and the four-dimensions that we inhabit? The start of consciousness and our five senses? Each area is a highly complex area and current scientific findings indicate that questions like "where and when did it all start" does not make sense. Can we really comprehend what exists before we venture into the whys?

That's why i said this thread will deal with metaphysical, as we cannot explain all that currently using science. People in the previous thread had much ideas whose dismissal they didn't like, so I have relaxed the rules.

As to what does coming from include, we can discuss both the existence of the Universe, and abiogenesis.

I don't think we will learn it in our lifetime. I also think knowledge is infinite - or very near to it - and our sentient capacity for comprehension is limited. So we may never know.

Maybe or maybe not, you never know. Although, that's most probable scenario, seeing how less we know.

As to knowledge, will it really be infinite? Can't a finite knowledge result in infinite universe? For example, we have the knowledge of the operation addition, can't we produce infinite results using that finite knowledge? Our knowledge of numbers, it lets us make infinite numbers. As to infinity, can we understand it better with progressed intelligence? Or we can grasp it but nobody knows the explanation. Does the process of searching somehow evolves brain? Meaning that even if someone comes to us with high level knowledge and tries to explain, we won't understand because we haven't gone through the process of intuitive discovery. Maybe that's why no evolved species help others, because every species need to evolve themselves.

What I find much more fascinating is how human beings come to be. I am pretty darn sure we are not the result of Adam and Eve's children's incestuous unions. LOL I am not very well versed in human evolution, but I really find the journey amazing. What drove us so apart from the common primate? How did we come to develop speech/language? The capacity for symbolic expressions? I am currently downloading "Becoming Human" - it's a three parter episodes concerning human evolution. The torrent is stuck there tho.

If we find life on another planet, will that show signs of evolution as well? I think yes.

Not just human beings, how matter became alive? How come a bunch of molecules turned aware.

-Chandramukhi-

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust

Atom to atom, quark to quark

That's the cycle, although an atom is always an atom.

But who supplied the atom? Is there even an atom? How does a bunch of atoms question and wonder about its existence?

Hey Freethinka ...Tongue

Wouldn't it be too pandanous to go groping around the same dusky glens that ll lead us to Supergravity yet again? When we know nothing lies ahead of that for us to see ..And we can only rely upon surmising ..Ouch

The real question ..and the one that you cleverly left unseen the last time, that about the consciousness ...Why can't that be an energy? The prime, driving force which can be alluded to as 'The God' ..Shapeless and not confined to any size ...The greatest engineer of all times ..and even before the times ...Ever wondered why all celestial bodies behave in a astoundingly systematic  manner?  Like Good, disiplined  students that we never can be ..
LOL ...Yeah it seems like a fascinating work of art ...Well thought and well constructed..A cymbeline universe filled up with all round objects ..

Anyways coming back to the point ..You stated the dependence of the conciousness on the brains ..And I had asked ya to explain the late body movements..And now I have another such exapmle to put to your consideration ...Mimosa pudica <<<  The plant as shy & diffident as my GF to be ... Tongue  ..Its leaves close as we neart it ...The moment engendered outta conciousness ...And we all know no plant, no tree has any sorta neuronal network ..No Medulla Oblongata either ...and still can detect the touch ...So no brains involved here ..Not even a tiny bit ...I guess we must concentrate more on consciouness, the begining of individual's life and their death ...What happens after that ...If you agree ..LOL

Alright ..nuff of rambling for now ...I ll await your response over this ..and get back to ya later ...For more platonic grappling ...LOL

Gotta cut out now..

Hic !!

Vintu ...Tongue

Freethinker112

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 10:28am | IP Logged

Hey Freethinka ...Tongue

Wouldn't it be too pandanous to go groping around the same dusky glens that ll lead us to Supergravity yet again? When we know nothing lies ahead of that for us to see ..And we can only rely upon surmising ..Ouch

The real question ..and the one that you cleverly left unseen the last time, that about the consciousness ...Why can't that be an energy? The prime, driving force which can be alluded to as 'The God' ..Shapeless and not confined to any size ...The greatest engineer of all times ..and even before the times ...Ever wondered why all celestial bodies behave in a astoundingly systematic  manner?  Like Good, disiplined  students that we never can be ..
LOL ...Yeah it seems like a fascinating work of art ...Well thought and well constructed..A cymbeline universe filled up with all round objects ..

Anyways coming back to the point ..You stated the dependence of the conciousness on the brains ..And I had asked ya to explain the late body movements..And now I have another such exapmle to put to your consideration ...Mimosa pudica <<<  The plant as shy & diffident as my GF to be ... Tongue  ..Its leaves close as we neart it ...The moment engendered outta conciousness ...And we all know no plant, no tree has any sorta neuronal network ..No Medulla Oblongata either ...and still can detect the touch ...So no brains involved here ..Not even a tiny bit ...I guess we must concentrate more on consciouness, the begining of individual's life and their death ...What happens after that ...If you agree ..LOL

Hey Vintu! Tongue

The question is what type of energy?There are various kinds, right? How do we detect the consciousness energy? Can it be transferred?

Mostly, the celestial bodies are balanced by the gravitational forces. As to the round shape, sphere is the way particle arranges itself to balance out, due to symmetry.

About the body, I told you there will be some medical explanation for it.  Plants have stimuli system, of course they are not reacting by magic. The thing is that are they aware? I mean do they think? Should we be having levels of consciousness? 

Now as to the consciousness, every atom has energy, different kinds. So, how come some become aware, how do they possess and lose this property? And another thing, which parts contain consciousness? Our whole body is living, but are they all conscious? Because if I cut out my hands or legs, I won't lose consciousness, right? Only when brain dies, does the consciousness go away. So, does brain "contain" consciousness? Does it have special cells, or do they cells possess special property?

Vintage.Wine

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 10:48pm | IP Logged

Ahahahaha .. LOL  ..That beats us all ..That's easily the trippest answer ever ...What are you on btw?  Blame it all on your username but Moskovskaya is my best guess ...LOL << Just Kidding ...Tongue

To be honest I once knew a woman who claimed the same ..Mary Standy was her name ..She said we once lived far deep under Titan's frozen oceans in a fossil state ..Hit by a comet we were carried over to the Earth ..A cozier place...And evolved here into our current state. .She also claimed to have spotted UFOs and seen the bellish ones ...She said they touched her and  showed me the scars they left on her neck, the shoulders and um ..Let me leave that for you to guess ...LOL 

And why the hell should ya be sorry for jumping in? When I bet the most of us musta felt privileged by your presence..LOL

Vodka and orange is my drink of choice but I am partial to a rum and coke now and then. Big smile   I hide my vodka in orange juice...WinkTongue..Atm I am quite sane LOL.  Mary Standy must have had a few by the looks of it.  Scars? Yeah, right.  I read love bites LOL  Interested about the cosier place thoughBig smile

Guys anyone have any idea about...Heaven and 72 Virgins details...what they do and other things...just curious..!!!  EmbarrassedBig smile

Vintage.Wine

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Hey Vintu! Tongue

The question is what type of energy?There are various kinds, right? How do we detect the consciousness energy? Can it be transferred?

Mostly, the celestial bodies are balanced by the gravitational forces. As to the round shape, sphere is the way particle arranges itself to balance out, due to symmetry.

About the body, I told you there will be some medical explanation for it.  Plants have stimuli system, of course they are not reacting by magic. The thing is that are they aware? I mean do they think? Should we be having levels of consciousness? 

Now as to the consciousness, every atom has energy, different kinds. So, how come some become aware, how do they possess and lose this property? And another thing, which parts contain consciousness? Our whole body is living, but are they all conscious? Because if I cut out my hands or legs, I won't lose consciousness, right? Only when brain dies, does the consciousness go away. So, does brain "contain" consciousness? Does it have special cells, or do they cells possess special property?

You are dead on with the argument ...But Come on free ..LOL ..You and I both know that the hand, if its cut off and seperated from the body dies ...Or would ya like me to slit mine and demostrate that ? LOL << Just kidding ...I wanna type here ..and keep typing until I meet the God ..or become the God myself ...LOL

Moving onto the point ...We have established that the brain can't be responsible for the consciousness ..( The Plant I talked about is the example of that ) ...But again ..Let's not MIX up Consciousness and Intelligence here ...We cane think because there are such cells inside our brain that can foster thoughts and emotions ...Which the plants I surmise don't have ...due to the lack of brain ..Still they are conscious ..and as much alive as we are ..So The Consciousness obviously is independant of intelligce ...Ouch

Now if you think of why the plants die? Do they have a barin ? No ..But they die when their roots are destoyed ..They can't extract any water outta soil...and their life ends...So what exactly do we mean when we say the life ends ?  Its most definitely a kind of energy that ceases to power em ...And if its an energy .The laws of physics defo come into play ..It can't be destroyed ...And I ain't sure if it can be transformed into another ...This is where the greatest mystery behind the whole thing,..The LIFE lies ...And we need to go plundering even the spiritual dungeons at times, build a hypothesis and put that to a test ..

See..This is what I have been telling since yonks ...The slit arm , the hand dies ..But the whole body doesn't ..Why ? Cause such hand then becomes non viable and is rendered useless for the mundane purposes ...So my best guess is ..There is a little program thats encoded in that energy itself ...That instructs ITSELF ..to leave such non viable body or it's part ...and then may be it goes onto find another suitable one ...How and Why is something that we ll eventually debate ...Lets first agree or disagree over the basics..before scrambling another step up the ladder ...LOL ..

So this energy, uncanny and unknown to us ..plays a measure role in the Life and Death cycle ...And as the whole body becomes non viable and scruffy it just frees itself from that piece of meat ...and we call the person has become deceased ...Tongue

Coming to the Property point ...Its a property ..and I guess it must be evenly distibuted ..Like an Electron's or Positron's charge ...Its neither inside ..or outside their material size and shape ...Its everywhere ...Tongue

On a funner note :  A person who untangles this mystery would defo be both famous and rich ..LOL ..So how about you and I playing Russian Roulette? with a promise that one who dies would tell the other everything, the first hand death expirience ...LOL ..And that we share at least the wealth ..If not the fame ...a Million dollars ? Or may be even more ..So I promise ya Free.. that if you happen to be the one to take the bullet in the head ..I ll pay ya 50 % ..which ll be a huge chunk outta pie ...and If I fail to do so ...You don't allow me to enter the Hell ..When I die ...

After all we are the ones who are sure to keep finding The GFs, The Fairies and The GOD even when we are inside our graves ...
LOL

Vintu ...Tongue

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prometeus

Guys anyone have any idea about...Heaven and 72 Virgins details...what they do and other things...just curious..!!!  EmbarrassedBig smile

Awww ...SpiderMan..Howdy mate?  ..Hug ..Like a few did ya too think I was dead ? LOL ...Hahaha ..Its so nice to see ya in this thread ..Big smile ...

Um ....Heaven and 72 Virgins <<<< .But Its the year 2013 ..and not ..630 A.D. I guess ...Tongue

^^ Just kidding ...Wink

Vintu ..Tongue

Vinzy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top