Where do you think we came from? - Page 6

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Um ...I would choose to turn up my nose at the page # 6 update ...Cause to the best of my knowledge The God that the Pope talks about has never promulgated that One must Die and get back to him .... I haven't heard the Pope asking the ones who followed the Dogma to die . ..😊  ...And when the death is  inevitable then whats the hurry I say? ..😆

So I guess The Pope too has a right to Fear to Die ..Just as every other human ...So It looks okay to me if he wants to live...and percieve the page # 6 update as some sageual attempt at the humour and didly but that ..😆

Vintu ...😛

The Bible says about death "once a person is a believer in Christ, They should not fear death anymore since their future is eternally secure" and also says "do not be afraid of those who kill the body but can't harm the soul." 

Bible has many more such passages in John, Philippians, Corinthians which teach to conquer your fear of death and about death being a natural process, after which you are reunited with your Lord. Of course, provided you are of true faith.

Now the Pope is the apparent Vicar of Christ among us, so the next best thing to Christ I suppose and thought worthy of upholding the teachings of the religions. One would assume he of all people has understood and practiced the religion the way it is narrated in the scriptures. The point isn't to not want to live, the point is what need is there for him to fear death, being armed to the teeth. Why not let fate do its work and practice what you preach? 

So yes, while the post on page 6 was meant in humor, the idea of the pope trotting around in armed cars and what not is ironic to me. In fact, I find all religious leaders that act like this to be ironic.😆 ðŸ˜†
Ahhh faith!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hPAIN0qhhpw/S7N8wgP92hI/AAACDg/IgWBjae3SWo/s1600/Faith.jpg
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Ahhh faith!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hPAIN0qhhpw/S7N8wgP92hI/AAACDg/IgWBjae3SWo/s1600/Faith.jpg

Is this suppose to go to an actual blog? This takes us to an 404 error, Not found. Which is fitting as well, ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by McNinja

Is this suppose to go to an actual blog? This takes us to an 404 error, Not found. Which is fitting as well, ðŸ˜†

When I linked it this morning it took to a blog image of the Pope mobile with the tag line Faith: Nothing says I trust you God than 3" of bulletproof grass. (or something like that)

But then again the cake is a lie, so…….error 404 not found. 😆

Originally posted by McNinja

The Bible says about death "once a person is a believer in Christ, They should not fear death anymore since their future is eternally secure" and also says "do not be afraid of those who kill the body but can't harm the soul." 

Bible has many more such passages in John, Philippians, Corinthians which teach to conquer your fear of death and about death being a natural process, after which you are reunited with your Lord. Of course, provided you are of true faith.

Now the Pope is the apparent Vicar of Christ among us, so the next best thing to Christ I suppose and thought worthy of upholding the teachings of the religions. One would assume he of all people has understood and practiced the religion the way it is narrated in the scriptures. The point isn't to not want to live, the point is what need is there for him to fear death, being armed to the teeth. Why not let fate do its work and practice what you preach? 

So yes, while the post on page 6 was meant in humor, the idea of the pope trotting around in armed cars and what not is ironic to me. In fact, I find all religious leaders that act like this to be ironic.😆 ðŸ˜†

Oh! ...Hahaha ...😆  ...That's one ripper of a point you made ...And I agree to that ...And I promise to myself that  I ll be fearless  when I ll become a Priest ..or a Saint ..Which I'm scheduled to be any time before my 170th birthday ... Yay !!  ..😆

On a serious note (for a change)  : 
I believe FEAR as told in the religion, The christianty here has a wider meaning ... Do not fear the Death must be for the ones for whome it is imminent ....Like for instance ..um ..The warriors ? or may be someone suffering from a critical illness ?  ...Well ..The times have changed ...and so the Dogma of 2000 years ago , the antwacky one needs to be updated .and made contemporary according to the current situation ..

Christ himself wasn't the God ..he said he was his Son, The messagner I guess ..So the current Pope or the ones that preeceded or would succeed him can't be Gods and might want to evade the similar fate that the Christ met ...Look..The whole point is ..Not Fearing the Death ..shouldn't mean not protecting yourself from the danger thats lurking 24*7 ...No one can trap themselves inside a cage, unarmed alongwith a hungry lion ..and call that fearlesness ..or braveness...😛...The current situation is no different than that ...Wandering unprotected for all prominent figures and the exalted ones is equally dangerous and rather suicidal...In the current Era w
here quite a few killers reletless and desguised as the crusaders are on the loose ..and they have weapons and a will to gun people down ... ...That can't be termed as  bravery ..But an attempt of Suicide... 😆  ..And if the Popes with all the dexterity are gone ..Who the heck ll help the religion sprwal ...? as I ain't ready right now for that task ... 😆  ..Cause the deceased Pope would be as good  for the task as No Pope ... I guess ..😆 ...

But anyways ..I know your post was humorous ..rather than some serious stuff .as I said earlier on ..and you agreed to that ...like an odd someone in my case...😆 ..So I would wana raise this toast to you and say ...  " Here's to the Girl who is wisest and best ...
                                                                  Here's to the Girl with her judgment its blest ...
                                                                  Here's to the Girl who's as smart as can be ...
                                                                  I drink to the Girl who agrees with me ..
." <<<  😆

Cheers !! and keep posting ...😉

Hic !

Vintu ...A fearless Saint to be ...😛

Ps:   And here I surmise you are a girl ...Sheesh! ..My eyesight ...I needed a telescope to see your DP and know that ...  <<<<Just kidding ...😆

Originally posted by return_to_hades

When I linked it this morning it took to a blog image of the Pope mobile with the tag line Faith: Nothing says I trust you God than 3" of bulletproof grass. (or something like that)

But then again the cake is a lie, so''.error 404 not found. 😆

All I have to say is, well played Internet. Taking the search for faith to a 404 error. ðŸ˜†

I found the picture you were talking about. Also found a meme that had the same picture with the caption "sells you the idea of heaven. Avoids heaven for as long as possible" 

Ah yes. ðŸ˜†

Oh! ...Hahaha ...😆  ...That's one ripper of a point you made ...And I agree to that ...And I promise to myself that  I ll be fearless  when I ll become a Priest ..or a Saint ..Which I'm scheduled to be any time before my 170th birthday ... Yay !!  ..😆

On a serious note (for a change)  : 
I believe FEAR as told in the religion, The christianty here has a wider meaning ... Do not fear the Death must be for the ones for whome it is imminent ....Like for instance ..um ..The warriors ? or may be someone suffering from a critical illness ?  ...Well ..The times have changed ...and so the Dogma of 2000 years ago , the antwacky one needs to be updated .and made contemporary according to the current situation ..

Christ himself wasn't the God ..he said he was his Son, The messagner I guess ..So the current Pope or the ones that preeceded or would succeed him can't be Gods and might want to evade the similar fate that the Christ met ...Look..The whole point is ..Not Fearing the Death ..shouldn't mean not protecting yourself from the danger thats lurking 24*7 ...No one can trap themselves inside a cage, unarmed alongwith a hungry lion ..and call that fearlesness ..or braveness...😛...The current situation is no different than that ...Wandering unprotected for all prominent figures and the exalted ones is equally dangerous and rather suicidal...In the current Era w
here quite a few killers reletless and desguised as the crusaders are on the loose ..and they have weapons and a will to gun people down ... ...That can't be termed as  bravery ..But an attempt of Suicide... 😆  ..And if the Popes with all the dexterity are gone ..Who the heck ll help the religion sprwal ...? as I ain't ready right now for that task ... 😆  ..Cause the deceased Pope would be as good  for the task as No Pope ... I guess ..😆 ...

But anyways ..I know your post was humorous ..rather than some serious stuff .as I said earlier on ..and you agreed to that ...like an odd someone in my case...😆 ..So I would wana raise this toast to you and say ...  " Here's to the Girl who is wisest and best ...
                                                                  Here's to the Girl with her judgment its blest ...
                                                                  Here's to the Girl who's as smart as can be ...
                                                                  I drink to the Girl who agrees with me ..
." <<<  😆

Cheers !! and keep posting ...😉

Hic !

Vintu ...A fearless Saint to be ...😛

Ps:   And here I surmise you are a girl ...Sheesh! ..My eyesight ...I needed a telescope to see your DP and know that ...  <<<<Just kidding ...😆

Here, here..I'll drink to that. And Cheers to the preordained Saint. May you be blessed with the best  bulletproof armor money can buy. ðŸ˜†

Again, I agree with what you said...on the serious tide of things. The idea of protection is practical and has valid reasoning. The idea of not fearing death is more than just walking in front of an oncoming bus to prove how fearless you are. But I must ask, if the Pope were to die in the line of duty, meaning serving God and spreading the teaching of Christ, wouldn't he die a martyr? I don't know what the Bible promises its martyrs but I assume its something that matches the 72 virgins promised to the jihadists. Why is the Pope so hell bent on not being a martyr? What are we missing here? ðŸ˜†

And yes you surmised correctly, sorry for any inconvenience the squinting may have caused, lol.

Now FT is going to kill me for hijacking his thread and the FBI monitoring our internet use will have a field day with my holy grail of a post...mentioning the Pope, jihad, and hijacking. I can only hope they share my sardonic sense of humor. ðŸ˜‰

Edited by McNinja - 11 years ago
EDIT

I promised myself to stay away from these God topics and I am not going to break it.
Edited by Beyond_the_Veil - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

EDIT

I promised myself to stay away from these God topics and I am not going to break it.
I thought you will post God's last name ''Damn it''😊

Holy dooley !! ... Welcome back and to the Square One again ...😆 ...@ Bold : Yeah this is exactly what I have been screaming for yonks ..See my earlier post ( @ Bold # 4 ) as a referrence to that...

Also it looks pretty suprficial to me to limit the definition of conciousness to the one that's medically approved when it comes to knowing God..The arrangement of the molecules matter the most which I guess the conscious energy chooses as the one  ...Unlike me a who chooses anything  that  
makes my life a trippy one ..😆

Vintu ...😛

oh thanks. I guess you were making the same point. And i never felt so welcome as now.😆