When Moderators start bashing you

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Hi there,

I have been a member of IF for a long time now. Over this time I have intearcted many a times with the mods of the IPK section, Fanafiction forum and Bollywood forum. My experience so far has been nothing but pleasant although many a times its ended with disagreements.

Today for the 1st time I can across a moderator who bashed and humiliated me publicly in the IPK forum. The moderator Reshma asked me to move on and grow up and threatened to warn me if I open another topic. Please see below for the Mod note.

The link to the thread http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3360530

The mod note is on page 23

1. The moderator has no right to ask anyone to grow up, she is neither my mom nor my teacher
2. Secondly asking me to move on because IPK has ended and Barun has left is stupidity of the highest order. If thats the case shouldnt the forum also be closed by now? Why were other thread discussing Barun Sobti's interview allowed to thrive if Barun has move on and IPK has ended.
3. Thirdly the mod seems to have confused the IPK forum with Barun Sobti's fan club. I gave a critical view of his interview. Never did I once discuss the actor's personal life or retort to name calling. So I have no idea what the mod means with her note.
4. Most importantly if your read through the replies it was me who was in the receiving end of abuses and name calling. in simple words I have become the victime of Online abuse and bullying.
and the worst part id that instead of protecting me and my rights to free speech the mod threatened me with public humilliation and warning.

is that IF's policy? To threaten those getting abused with a warning?

I'm appalled and distressed due to the public humiliation and this episode.

I hope you will look into the matter, speak to the mod in question and ask her to either modify the note or remove the note all together.

I have always found IF's policy fair, I hope that will be the case moving forwards.

Thanks and Regards
NB

P.S- Forewarning I did send the mod a not so nice PM.

P.P.S- I just checked the other posts of the mod and every single post she has closed has something to do with discussions on Barun Sobti. I'm sorry but this screams of bias. And guess what her ending note is every time- Show is over, Barun has move on, you should move on too. If that's the case close the damn forum or rename the IPk forum as Barun Sobti fan club.
Edited by Naach_Basanti - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FairyLiquidSoap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
res update tomEdited by FairyLiquidSoap - 11 years ago
boreddamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
res .. will update tomorrow..

unres.

NB, I don't know which post of yours got this "warning", so I am not sure what names you called. But knowing you, you would not have abused anyone, instead I am sure you were abused. 

But I agree..  "what is wrong with people out here?" is not a statement a mod should say. A mod as far as I understand moderates discussions .. they can warn and close a post for review and state why a post was closed. But it is unfair, that your post which demands answers or tries to clear the air about the confusions caused by Barun Sobti is closed, where as posts spreading rumors or drooling over Barun Sobti and his antics are left open .. and encouraged. As far as I remember, IF is a public forum and every one should be encouraged to say what they want and only warned when they go against the rules.  

If there is something "wrong" with people on IPK forum and want them to "move on", then I would suggest that the mods close the forum instead of threatening people who make sensible posts. Fan fictions have the fan fiction forum, the actors have their celebrity pages .. and people rarely talk about old episodes of the show anyways on the forum now. So why is the forum still open?

Just wanted to ask one more thing .. the mod asked you not to bash an actor .. and then asked you to "grow up". Now who makes sure a mod follows the rules he/she is trying to enforce? 
Edited by boreddamsel - 11 years ago
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
In the logic of the mod who put up the note then even the others posts which say call no. so & so should be closed, the ones which speak of spamming to get SaRun back should be closed. Why is that still open?? they also need to grow up

Why so many double standards on the forum ?? Why should only a selective no. of members grow up in life what about the rest who are sitting & mulling that the show ended with of sorts of lame posts ??

The mod should have just left a warning or something & then gone why close the thread completely ??
Any mod first leaves a warning & then closes it if the situation gets out of control.

Edited by Arhi-Did-IT - 11 years ago
McNinja thumbnail

This has to be one of the worst notes I have read left by a mod. Since when did being a mod give anyone the right to openly put down people for voicing their opinion that is not you normal gaga for barun chants? 

The thread was full of nonsensical bashing directed at you and others who were trying to share their opinion but let us look over that right. Let is instead disrespect members in the name of moderation. What happened to equality and no bias by those in charge of the forum? 

Mods may say that note wasn't directed at you or particular memebrs but please, it's pretty evident who it was directed at and who memebrs took it to be a potshot against. No one on this forum has the right to disrespect me, mod or no mod. 

Next time one wants to preach against baseless bashing, whining, and putting down people maybe they should make sure they are not doing the same. Hypocrisy on this forum is reaching new levels.

And now the bashing you are being dished in this thread alone... Where is the mod and their threat to warn anyone taking part in such baseless bashing?  
Edited by McNinja - 11 years ago
sho-shweet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
its really sad to see a person getting bashed openly in a public forum by the people who are here to keep the forum's environment clean and peaceful
they way people are asking the fans to move o is pathetic
why dont they ask when somebody makes post on drooling and comapring some actors with others
why is this forum so biased with barun...if this is to remain the same then plz name it Barun Sobti praising forum
The bashing remarks made by the MOD against the TM was totally uncalled for, neither was she  being disrespectful towards the actor  nor was she discussing his personal life... she merely stated her opinion and those who did not agree with the post should have just stayed away instead of making personal attacks against her...

it's shocking and sad that the people who are entrusted with the responsibility of being fair and neutral to maintain a cordial environment in the forum are being biased and unjust towards members who do not necessarily worship the actor...

Edited by iria_luvsLindor - 11 years ago
Olive_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I will start by saying something that I always say "if  someone's behavior, opinion and attitude is intolerable towards those who hold a different opinion than they do then their  attitude is"bigoted".

This is the second time I've seen such a note by this same MOD which comes across as heavy handed and rather crass. To be quite honest that statement does not reflect a person bearing the title of channel moderator at all.  I am  further appalled by the words used which more or less are her formed opinions about someone I'm assuming she's had no interaction with previously.

Her question..., What's wrong with people out here? 

My Question..., What isn't wrong especially when a MOD ask such a question followed by a bigoted statement threatening..., not warning the TM who was abused within her own thread?

The TM herself advised people on many occasion to keep things clean but I guess Resham failed to take note of that and is trying to announce her authority. 

Well as far as I'm concerned, having authority does not give anyone the right to disrespect another person while trying to be a tyrant.
There are forum rules  but are the MODs excluded from those rules as well?

How can a Moderator correct or warn someone while insulting that person?

What kind of  behavior is that?

Any further mention of what kind of topic? Resham need to be more clear on that because I cannot comprehend at all. 

Why weren't people who were guilty of discussing Sobti's person life warned individually? The Topic had nothing to do with that so why is the TM being singled out.

Why am I being singled out? I commented there as well.

When did it become a rule in the forum that one can only comment on only specific Topics and not all Topics?
I need to see that rule. This place is quickly becoming a dictatorship as long as one does not praise Sobti.

So let me get warned for commenting on a post and I will ask this question...,
What happened to my civil rights and liberties?
Edited by Olive_Rose - 11 years ago
-HEAVEN- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
In that post those mannerless people were bashing u pathetically.they've no right 2 bash u like that.mod should bash them rather than bashing u.its not right.i really feel bad.
GayuArnav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Should I call it double standards? Yes!
I have seen hundreds of post which praises Barun and how humble he is. And if a post is made on the same interview with a different perspective its called Bashing and all the members report it like there is no tomorrow!

Its highly shocking that a MOD is publicly asking a TM to grow up and move on! I thought MODS were neutral.Why can't they say the same to the other forum members who make posts after posts on Barun even after the show closed? 

Praising an actor is right but critically questioning his actions is wrong! How fair is this? And MODS very well know that people immediately report if certain members or the so called the bashers make a post even without reading the content! But still they support them.

And in this case the TM was at the receiving end of all the abuse! And instead of giving warnings to the people who needed it, the MOD asked the TM to grow Up! This is really getting pointless.

Its not IPK forum any more.Its Barun FC! 
If this is the case then It seriously needed to be sorted out. Either close this forum because it doesn't have the freedom of speech or just change this forum into a BS FC! 
Edited by GayuArnav - 11 years ago