Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

90 Per Cent Indians are IDIOTS: Katju

WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 11:36am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.ass

sweetsang Goldie
sweetsang
sweetsang

Posted: 27 December 2012 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by EroticGauravMad

New Delhi - Ninety percent of Indians are "idiots" who can easily be misled by mischievous elements in the name of religion, Press Council of India (PCI) chairperson Justice Markandey Katju claimed on Dec 8.  "I say ninety percent of Indians are idiots.  You people don't have brains in your heads...It is so easy to take you for a ride, " (Angry), he said at a seminar here.

He said a communal riot could be incited in Delhi for as meagre an amount as Rs 2000.  He said that all somebody has to do is make a mischievous gesture of disrespect to a place of worship and people start fighting each other.

"You mad people will start fighting amongst yourself not realizing that some agent provocateur is behind this, " he said.  (Confused).

Katju said that before 1857 there was no communalism in the country but the situation was different now.  "Today 80 percent Hindus are communal and 80 percent Muslims are communal.  This is the harsh truth, bitter truth that I am telling you.  How is it that in 150 years you have gone backwards instead of moving forward because the English kept injecting poison, " Katju said.  (Shocked).

"The policy that emanated from London after the mutiny in 1857 that there is only one way to control this country that is to make Hindus and Muslims fight each other, " he said.

He said then there was a propaganda that Hindi was the language of Hindus and Urdu of Muslims.  "Our ancestors also studied Urdu, but it is so easy to fool you.  You are idiots so how difficult is it to make an idiot of you, " Katju said. Stern Smile

Source: India Journal

Other Source: http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/90-percent-of-indians-are-idiots-justice-markandey-katju-302998

I know the words are kind of offensive and demeaning.  I read this article in India Journal and it made me upset.  But do you agree with Katju?  Is he right to say these things?  Ermm

i kind of agree with him..Past was past..India has moved on but on the religious matter ..i dont think so.. I have seen the Mba entrance exam application form and guess what its asks... select your caste!!!
   i know they have some merits and stuff but still..
Mystique. IF-Stunnerz
Mystique.
Mystique.

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Yep...India has moved on but not on religious matters

huneymonsta

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 6:04am | IP Logged
His statement is harsh but true. No matter how educated Indians might get, they remain gullible and stubborn in case of religion or culture. They'll forget all rationality and logic.

huneymonsta

addictedtolife Newbie
addictedtolife
addictedtolife

Posted: 10 January 2013 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Maybe he should have omitted the repeated usage of "idiot", then probably the article wouldn't even have figured in India Journal :)
guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 January 2013 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
BrunoMars IF-Dazzler
BrunoMars
BrunoMars

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
It is so true and so sad. I kinda start to hate myself for being an Indian. It sounds so stupid. But I thought about it before saying this. A country with such old valuable culture, a country with so many valuable materials in the ground. How can it not move firther, forward. It is walking backwards. It feels like all Indians unite to get India puched in the ground. Destroy it. It almost is impossible to not go well with so may good points. Yet Indians are able to kill their own country. The problem is they can't think by them selfs. It is so sad. I know I will get hate for this. But other than this I have not left for India. Of course it is not all the Indians. There are people who see the weakspots, there are some trying to work on it too. But I let my hopes go a long time ago...
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top