Episode 153 Discussion: 25th Dec 2012

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Episode 153  Discussion: 25th Dec 2012

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? ๐Ÿ˜‰. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : Armu4eva
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 
  • The link to Previous Episode thread if anyone wants to trace and post/thoughts therehttps://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3359097

Cheers,
SD

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Episode 153  Discussion - EOD Summary

RK's 5th Anniversary in Film Industry Celebration

Events of the Episode
RK tolerates Dipali's presence in the party. He had invited Madhu's parents as well. Padmini and Shamsher Malik arrive and the party begins through cake cutting. RK gives a short speech on how he had dreamt to be part of the film industry since he was 6 years old. He narrates an incident and also shows everyone the man who found him when he was lost in the studio. And he proudly tells how he has been happy working in the film industry and is thankful to everyone who has been with him for last 5 years. With that he cuts the cake. Everyone asks him to feed the cake to Madhu, but Madhu asks to give the first bite to his mother. RK does and takes his mother's blessings. Then he goes and takes blessings of his in-laws (Padmini and Shamsher). Madhu profusely thanks RK for listening to her and making up with his mother and taking care of her parents. 
Meanwhile Padmini remembers Balraj and how she gave birth to Madhu at Natraj Studio. Shamsher asks her to forget bad memories and that he will be always there. Then he, Madhu and Padmini have cake together. RK watches their exchange of pleasantries together and is extremely happy. Radha watches him enjoying the sight of Madhu & her family with pleasure. Dipali too watches RK, and comes close to again poison his mind as to the strange relationship Madhu's parents, but RK sends her away rebuffing her attempts. RK asks Shamsher and Padmini to have lunch and leave.
And lastly, all this while Balraj has been trying hard to get in only to be turned away by the security gaurds. He is finally able to sneak in as delivery man...but is again caught by gaurd and being sent off. In all of this commotion, it seems to us that may be Padmini and Balraj must have seen each other.
An aside...before the party began, RK had dropped the mysterious note/letter from his pocket, which Madhu chanced to see. Instead of giving it back to him in propriety, she slyly reads what it is and slips it back into RK's pocket. Bad manners Madhu !!

Episode Reviews
Page 1 - Manonids, SD, Charu, tanu07, zoya_naziya
Page 2 - MarathiMulgi, DovesView, RKLover, Zorica, SD
Page 3 - kt25, 
Page 4 - apolloartemis, zoya_naziya, PreetD, SD

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail
A Note to ALL

I cannot ignore all the pms or messages I receive from the old time participants of this thread, who have equally nurtured it to keep up the quality of the thread.

So the point of concern along with old timers and including me is that, the discussion off late is getting boring as we have new comers joining us who are yet to understand the intricacy of Rishbala relationship. And the questions and points posited by them are like something where we have been, discussed and we are already moving on. We are waiting to discuss further on, but we keep pulled down by being asked to go into past again and discuss.

And as newcomers may say, this is wrong of you to say so...we should be able to voice our opinion too, considering that we are trying to understand it in that succint manner. Agree. I agree with you.

So as the mod here....What I am going to ask everyone is ...keep looking at Rishbala relationship from the point of view of the OST that they have. No one can deny that, it is the true indicator of their relationship. If you feel like judging the story-writers, the actors, the characters, then always check the lyrics and see if they are straying anywhere. Until Rishbala reach a new phase in their life, the song is very much their current state of mind.

Here is the track for your reference. Plus what I just explained to Dramacrazy and MarathiMulgi.

You can read their posts along with Soapbubble's on Page 6 of previous thread. The posts are great, but nevertheless I have to say, the old timers are just going to keep quiet, because for them...their mind is like...can we move on please from there...

So again...without any hard-feelings, take the matters as compiled thought of all previous threads and read this...We need to be able to be on certain unified ground so that discussions are felt more emotional.

The male version and female version of the lyrics essentially explain the "kashmakash", the dilemmas, the contradictions of their feelings with each other, them trying to comprehend what the other means to him/her self.
And also, juxtapose the lyrics'what the female asks, the male answers and vice versa. Play the two songs together, they completely explain each other.

Madhu's version ' the angst felt at the resignation'and yet accepted in all gladness for the pleasure of it 'the yearning to sacrifice herself for his love

Kaisa yeh ishq, kaisa yeh junoon ?
Bekaraar mein hi tu karaar !
Tu rah ke bhi door, mujh mein hai rabba
jaane yeh kaisa hai pyaar !
Hum hai Deewane Tere Deewane ' 4
Tujh se hasee, tujh se udaasi
Kadmaakash hai rabba
Roothi hoon phir bhi raazi
Tu hi hai maula Tu hi hai Qazi ' 2
Kya karoon bayaan
Tere Ishq pe jaan Qurbaan
Hum hai Deewane Tere Deewane '4

RK's version ' the pleasure of of attainment felt  and even more the pain of longing and separation felt deeply 'the yearning never to be afar from her

Tera Ishq hi Mera junoon hai Mahee
Bekaraar Kahe ya karaar ?
Bujh ke na bujhe ye pyaas o rabba
jaane yeh kaisa hai pyaar! 
Kitni baar hum milke bicchde
tu hi jaane rabba
Duniya se hum begaane
Tu hai sirf Meri, Phir bhi na jaane ' 2
Mujh ko tu ye bataa
Dooriyan hai kyon darmiyaan

Then there are Leela's posts, which I am going to paste here, which have greater depth of meaning which explain Madhu's actions vis-a-via Rishbala relationship before the Hum Hai Deewane OST came up and after it came up. Because if not for Madhu, Rishbala would never have happened. She may look upto Rishabh as God, but it she who drives Rishbala equation...and that's why the RK lovers here are always apprehensive of Madhu's actions and that is where Leela gives us some balance.

Links for Leela's posts.

Then there are my posts on Rishabh...which I shall see if they are going to help u in the new circumstances.

There are some good posts on the complex content of the flawed characters of all people around Rishbala...I shall find that and post it here

Manonidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Episode was good enough with relations building up between all. Madhu made RK feed his mother and take blessings from her.  Loved how calm RK was during the whole scenario as if he was somewhat relieved with it. I don't know if anybody noticed but from the looks, it looked to me as if RK was yearning to feed his mother but due to guests shouting for Madhu, he extended first piece of cake to Madhu ( I can be wrong here๐Ÿ˜•)  

With the kind of negativity galore RK-Radha, it was serene to see them extending warmth for each other after such a long time. Radha is indeed a weak mother, she doesnt have the strength to give blessings to her son on her own. She needs a Madhu for get it done!!!! Kher ...RK closed himself and Radha never tried to reach out to her son ...So, is this relation in such a state. Only a third party can sort this entangled relation slowly.

I guess the letter must have RK's wish related with his mother which Madhu, without letting him know, fulfilled by building a bridge for RK to reach out to his mother. Though RK sarcastically told her that she didnt let him escape, but he was pleased with that( at least his looks said it this).

Dragged drama around Padmini-Shamsher-Balraaj. So, its RK who has come with the idea of Padmini-Shamsher marriage...make some sense as only a third person can see a potential relation bw Padmini and shamsher ...

Edited by Manonids - 11 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Episode rating - None. 
More drama unfolds. Just wait and watch.

What happened...
  • Party is going on.
  • RK has made up with Radha
  • Padmini and Balraj seem to have seen each other. I cannot trust my own eyes, because we never know, how the serial wallahs will dupe me tomorrow. So I will not trust my eyes until I hear some dialogues.

Only three questions came to my mind when I watched the show today.

1) What was in the letter ?
2) When will RK know that Madhu was born here in this studio ?
3) Why is RK confusing me ? If he really plans to leave, why is he saying that there will be more 5 year celebrations to come. ๐Ÿ˜•

Much of my thought process is still hinged to my yesterday's take. The composure showed by RK towards Dipali is okay by me, but it did not leave any satisfaction to me. His taunts to her about where is her 5 year party was a good googly to her. And the way her face fell at RK-Radha reunion, it was good to see the objective side of it. Because the more RK is calm and composed with her, the better...the indicator that he is getting away from her. But the TAUNT itself tells me that their CHAPTER together is not yet closed. So when is that going to be closed...is my concern. Shridevi ...have patience. All great things come at their own sweet time.

What I really did not like, is the characteristic trait in Madhubala...of prying into others things. If FQ was here, she would have agreed with me. We are so vehemently against people violating privacy. Instead of just handing over the letter to RK or telling him that something has fallen from his coat, Madhu needs to pick it up, scan it and put it back slyly again into his pocket. Its like that time, when I was ranting at her opening Shamsher's trunk and prying his things.
If she was my daughter, I would have slapped sense into her at trying to be prying like that. She is not a detective/police to scan everything. Gosh! she is with people, who have their own agenda. She can scan if she feels threatened or she needs to be a care-taker. Is she either ?

And Padmini-Balraj story has started. Good for me! I can watch something else than Rishbala and analyzing them...which is increasingly getting boring.

And the long suspected agenda from RK comes true. I knew he would one day try to give Padmini-Shamsher nameless relationship a name. Coz he was the one who was blasphemous about it in his cynical state in the beginning and when he knows it is not at all the case, he is doing what exactly I have been thinking for Padmini from a long time. What happens to her once her children get settled. How will she live with nothing else on her mind. She needs to have a companion...she has every right to think about herself. And likewise, Shamsher too. So good that someone voiced it out...not as something to be done for social approval, but as something desirable on personal relationship basis...as something wanted for self rather than others. Excellent !!!

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
a much better epi. , infact quite good..

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

RK's speech..impressive  

RK inviting Malik and Padmini , waiting for them 

RK feeding his mom and taking her blessings...i loved it bec. he wanted to do it and he did it and he was happy about it...for the first time, i felt Radha was not overdramatic ..she acted well...

RK taking blessings frm Padmini n hugging Malik... 

RK-Madhu convo..Madhu has a "thank you" dialogue in every epi these days ๐Ÿ˜† thank you for Malik-Padmini patch up, thank you for liking saag, thank you for inviting her parents, thank you for feeding Ma, thank you thank you thank you !

Padmini admiring the cute couple 

RK admiring Padmini-Malik-Madhu

my fav..RK-Dips ๐Ÿ˜† kala akshar Dips barabar ๐Ÿคฃ  jaake sikky ke saath kaato ๐Ÿคฃ tht's the reason i miss Dips 

Padmini - Malik scene was okay...thanks for the flashback CV's..she cud sense Ballu around? ๐Ÿ˜ต

Precap - cool ! but is he serious about leaving everything? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ i have this bad bad feeling ke by the time he sorts out everything, he will be left with nothing ...Dips showed him just 1 side of the coin..a person has everything n he craves for love...and when he has love, he wants everything else in this world...nyways, enjoying the story as it unfolds ! 

๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ 

Madhu's dress..pahleez..๐Ÿคข 

Edited by _charu_ - 11 years ago
tanu07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

A nice, well balanced episode. Everyone stuck to their characters...

RK- Radha scene was done well... The actors were brilliant in the scene. Radha annoyed me yet again when she looked disappointed when everyone hooted for RK to feed Madhu! Did she expect he will feed her 1st? It was his wife for heaven sake... why feel jealous? RK seemed relieved to actually get an opportunity to seek blessings from his mom... something like he felt on the day of the ganapati visargan... to just let go of everything and bow down to the almighty. I still feel she could have blessed him even before he bowed down for ashirwad... that would have made it a lot more special for RK or she could have at the least fed him the cake. For RK's sake I want Radha to become the mother he pines for rather than accept her because his wife goes 'please' and 'thank you' everytime.

RK knows how to make everyone go Awww... one such moment was waiting for his inlaws and taking blessings from him. Was I the only one who thought he was highly emotional when he hugged Malik? Is he trying to seek a father figure in Malik?

I was super trilled when RK recited his 1st experience in the film industry which was when he dreamt of being a part of this industry at the age of 6. It was sweet to see how fondly he spoke of his industry. It makes me even sadder that he is willing to leave all that behind only to prove to himself that he is capable of being loved. I just hope and pray that Madhu took notice of these lines and realise that she cant let him leave all this behind just to assure him that their love is for keeps. She needs to get to the bottom of why RK is adamant about leaving his fame behind and deal with it. If Dipali threw him a challenge to leave everything behind, then it is only fair that Madhu challenges him to fight for their love staying in the real world.

Hmmm... Padmini has sensed the danger and Malik has sensed that she is disturbed and why. It was assuring for her to hear Malik say 'jab main apke saath hoon kis bath ki chinta hai' and there was so much trust in Padmini's eyes. Malik is right... 'purane zakaam sirf nishan chodjate hain... dard nahi'. Padmini has overcome the pain of her past, it is the scars that remain. And that is all there is to the Padmini-Ballu connection. Padmini sensing Ballu was plain survival instincts and defensive mechanism kicking in... nothing more.

The Malik's made a happy family... and RK looked on with a smile. I wish he had joined in... I want him to feel a part of that family. It was kind of symbolic to have danger lurking in the form of Ballu and the Mallik family's happiness being watched by RK. It will be trying times for Padmini and her kids but with RK and Malik behind them they will put their past to rest finally.

With each day they are trying to show the depth in Padmini-Malik relationship. I thought Malik will indulge his daughter and will go for the cake... but he took Padmini's side and said he wont have it... only to share it with her later. RK watching the scene unfold was what I was hoping for. The other day I had said that it has to be an outsider who notices the interaction between Padmini-Malik and cares enough to get them together because their daughters are too used to seeing them together yet apart. RK just had to knock some sense into their kids and he is doing just that.

I guess Padmini- Malik will be a full blown track with Ballu around going by the article which said pallavi is excited about the next track. It could turn out to be a good track if handled sensibly. I want RK's complete nvolvement in this. Maybe they should have a groom and bride's side. RK with Padmini and Madhu with Malik. I will leave out Trishna for the time being cause she is going to jealous that it was Madhu and RK's idea... but I hope she will come around. I can so picturise a RK telling Malik to take care of Padmini๐Ÿ˜†. It will be quite something to see RK take up the responsibility of a son and give her away(thought it doesn't make sense๐Ÿ˜•). I want Radha to realise that her son doesn't hold her remarriage against her... but holds her choice of partner and her negligence of her duty as a mother against her.

Oh I am super glad that RK didn't entertain Dipali or the insecurities she hoped to overwhelm. I was sceptical especially after seeing RK's reaction yesterday. Mr fave line for the day 'kala akshar dipali barabhar๐Ÿ˜†

Wonder what was in the letter? Madhu knows it... must be something got to do with Radha? If so I want Madhu to give her muft ka gyan to radha than RK.

On the whole a nice episode... would have been perfect if it had a nice RK- Madhu scene.

Edited by tanu07 - 11 years ago
zoya_naziya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Merry Christmas everyone:)

It's all about loving your family:)

It was quite a happy episode but with the impending storm trying to make it's way into everyone's lives.

I have already gushed about RK-Padmini-Malik in one of the previous threads. So I wouldn't again repeat how happy I am with today's scene of theirs esp when he says "sab nahin aaye" and he was waiting for them...Today's episode just went on to reiterate that Padmini-Malik holds a special place in RK's heart to such an extent that his happiness and celebration would be incomplete without their presence and blessings.

RK's speech where he said that he was born for this duniya and then he going onto talk about his coming years in this industry has just made me hopeful that he has worked up quite a sensible plan in his head when he is telling Madhu that we would leave everyone and go away. This parde ki duniya is where he found solace and happiness and he is immensely passionate about his work, he just like that won't give up all his dreams ainvayi.. But anyways lets see what the future holds for him...

Malik-Padmini scene- the bottomline is that Malik was there, is there and shall always be there for Padmini and we all know it. 

Malik-pads-Mads family scene with RK witnessing their heart-warming moments was quite touching for me. RK was smiling at the family happily giving them privacy. This is the kind of family he had always craved for and he is vicariously getting it through Madhu. Radha was just standing there and looking at him seeing the Malik's. She could have just gone upto him and said ki am still here and you have not lost it all but no. She, like always wants someone to hold her hand and be by her side.. She can't take the big step herself... Madhu can't always be pushing her down RK's throat every time right... and Madhu plz stop trying, she is always going to be behaving like a baby scared to stand up by herself...But anyways main apna dimaag kyun kharab kar arahi hoon... For me, Radha is a completely lost case.

RK-Dipz was their usual thanda scene:( Dude, I expected much more from you:(

Madhu was quite shocked even after reading the letter...  Had it been from Rads, she would have given a warm smiling expression after reading it na? Chalo, the case of the mysterious letter continues...

Edited by zoya_naziya - 11 years ago
MarathiMulgi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Damad ka sasu aur sasur ke prati pyar was the hightlight of today's epi.

He just cherishes them as if they are his own parents. Just loved the way he looks indulgently at the banter that Madhu, Malik and Padmini were sharing.  He so wants to be a part of it.

Madhu, you sly thing!!! Reading other people's letter without permission!!!.  She did same with Malik's things as well in the past.

Well I think that is probably what she got from Ballu. I know it is not right thing to do but I liked her behavior. At last I found a vice in her which makes her human!! yippee!!!  

Though I seriously question RK's peripheral vision!!!
Kahan khoya tha ki dekha bhi nahin bajume khadi biwi kuch padh rahi hain!!!!

Ballu was Ballu!!! Doing everything to crash the party!!. The more he was driven away, more he tried to get in and succeeded too. Lagta hai chaudhary parivar ke sab sadasya ziddi hain.

Malik Padmini interactions as usual handled with usual delicacy.
Now pardon me for applying the logic here.

How in the god's name Padmini Malik will get married before she gets her previous marriage annulled? RK's thought is very noble and all but this slight legal glitch needs to be overcome. Even though both RK and Madhu are unaware of what a vile character Ballu is, Padmini certainly knows. Wonder how that track will even get started!!!
dupebox thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 0-SD-0

What I really did not like, is the characteristic trait in Madhubala...of prying into others things. If FQ was here, she would have agreed with me. We are so vehemently against people violating privacy. Instead of just handing over the letter to RK or telling him that something has fallen from his coat, Madhu needs to pick it up, scan it and put it back slyly again into his pocket. Its like that time, when I was ranting at her opening Shamsher's trunk and prying his things.
If she was my daughter, I would have slapped sense into her at trying to be prying like that. She is not a detective/police to scan everything. Gosh! she is with people, who have their own agenda. She can scan if she feels threatened or she needs to be a care-taker. Is she either ?

And Padmini-Balraj story has started. Good for me! I can watch something else than Rishbala and analyzing them...which is increasingly getting boring.

And the long suspected agenda from RK comes true. I knew he would one day try to give Padmini-Shamsher nameless relationship a name. Coz he was the one who was blasphemous about it in his cynical state in the beginning and when he knows it is not at all the case, he is doing what exactly I have been thinking for Padmini from a long time. What happens to her once her children get settled. How will she live with nothing else on her mind. She needs to have a companion...she has every right to think about herself. And likewise, Shamsher too. So good that someone voiced it out...not as something to be done for social approval, but as something desirable on personal relationship basis...as something wanted for self rather than others. Excellent !!!

@bold
SD, I abolutely agree and liked what you wrote there. That curiosity to be part of anything and everything of RK is something that is really irritating of Madhu. I wish they show a more mature woman in Madhu soon. It is definitely good to see her beaming with child-like happiness and RK wallowing in her happiness but the shots become so predictive and facial emotions become so boring when we see them the same way on and on.

I totally second you about the face-off between Pads and Balraj. Both the characters are so strong and so intricate. One is the epitome of endurance and the other is deplorably malicious.

With the two coming face-to-face, there are many things at stake. There are relationships that would face the dagger like RK-MB's, Pads-Malik's. There might be new vicious relationships forming too. Balraj and Dips? or may be Balraj and Trishna? Have to wait and see but am sure it is going to be interesting... Ballu is not going to let things dribble by.