Debate Mansion

Simran: Is she true to her AStitva? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

sree

IF-Veteran Member

sree

Posted: 17 May 2005 at 8:37am | IP Logged

Hi Innocentindian

Thnx for your reply....I really feel Simran will emerge a winner in this identity crisis with AStha. Ya, i do think Abhi is going to help out Simran in this. But it might take some time, though. I feel things will go worse for now, Astha might get violent, run out of the house maybe, go settle with Radha. This might cause further frustrations to Simran. When i say Simran will emerge a winner, i do not mean to say Simran will solve this immediately. This will take its own course, but truly Simran's love for AStha is going to pull AStha back to her. That is why i said she will emerge a winner in the end...

Ya, i too have strated to believe that fireices' prediction might turn out to be correct. Let's see what happens, though....

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Simran: Is she true to her AStitva? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mitila

Groupbie

mitila

Posted: 18 May 2005 at 2:42am | IP Logged

first of all, let me say that,  a woman changing her surname to her husband's surname is not only followed in India but its a practise all across the globe. and secondly the point is, too much of fuss is being made of this surname change . whats in a name, a woman would be as wonderful whether she's carrying her father's surname or husband's surname. say, for eg dr. simran.  she is the same good-natured and successful doctor whether she is dr. simran mathur or dr. simran saxena.

so, does this whole name game make any sense????

samy74

IF-Dazzler

samy74

Zee Channel

Posted: 19 May 2005 at 4:11am | IP Logged

Hi Everyone

I would like to start discussing this topic with the fact that we do live in a male dominated society and women lose there name, leave their parents house etc but at the end of the day a woman has the power and courage to face problems and upheavals and still come out as a winner and a successor.

Dr Simran has been a shinning example of a woman who is professional, confident, mature and very giving. She has been through very tough times in her life ven though professional she was very successful but her personal life was full of sorrow and sadness. She was someone who married a man 10 years younger but stood by her decision and went against her parent wishes. She fell pregnant and lost her husband to another woman but in all these sorrow times she emerged as a winner as someone who still had her identity intact and everyone knew her as the famous gynaecologist Dr Simran and her identity was given a new direction when she took up the social side of the society and started work on it.

Again she was thrown back into turmoil when Abhi's marriage failed and he was back to square one and here I just want to point out that I think Abhi was one person who she did compromise with as when he came and said he wanted to still be with her and kiran she turned around and said that she will accept him but not with kiran so she was willing for forgive him as I think it is very hard for a woman to trust and accept a man again after fidelity. So when Abhi came back into her life as a friend she helped him build his life and gave a new direction to him. She was again thrown into a dilemma when Neha's and Abhi's marriage was suggested and she knew she was still very much in love with him and he was too and this is where she made the biggest mistake of her life I think someone has already mentioned this but anyway and got them to married.

Well Neha died and she was left with her and Abhi's daughter. In my opinion her changing the name and for that anyone in the real world it would not make a different as she was always true to her identity her Astitva no matter what she never lost her path and direction and still emerged a winner. She bought Astha up with a lot of love and the promise she had given to Neha was fulfilled by teaching her values, beliefs and way of life.

So even in real world I know women have to change a lot and once they die there is nothing left of them but a woman leaves a whole legacy behind when she passes away. The children are mostly reflection of the mother's upbringing and they are her PECHAN so to say or ASTITVA

SamyBig smile

Edited by samy74 - 19 May 2005 at 4:12am

sukh

IF-Rockerz

sukh

Posted: 19 May 2005 at 10:08am | IP Logged

wow i don,t think that i  can say anything more what u just said sree di............

i agree with all that. u r wonderful so is everyone here on if. ......... hatts offfffffff to all of.

. wonderful......................Clap

principessa

principessa

Posted: 19 May 2005 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jingle

but  after astha' kidnapping and simren adopting guddi and giving her astha name which infact is living in falsehood she aso went to take a extreme step of changing her surname to saxena even though she didnot remarry abhi just to give identity to  "new astha", why didn't she give another name to guddi infact she could have stayed with the old surname "mathur" and could have told astha that abhi left her so she doesnot want to stick to his surname .

I agree.. A woman like Simran who made sure to protect her "identity" & personality, broke all principles when she changed Gudiya's name to Astha.. She imagined that her own kid is back and ignored that Gudiya will grow up having her own personality..

Professionally, Simran is the perfect doctor, but personally, I do find her strong as well, but not in her own life.. She is the perfect guide for people, but she took most of the wrong decisions herself.. One of her huge mistakes is convencing Abhi to marry Neha, and this is the reason for all the problems that happend and will happen after the leap.

Women in India are really strong.. They have their own nieche and persoanlities.. I'm not indian myself, but I have many indian friends whome I really really respect and adore.. I found the indian woman (from my experience) is similar to the woman in the Arabian Gulf (I come from the UAE in case I missed mentioning that before Smile), they are there for others, they can sacrifies everything just to spread the love.. This is in my opinion where their strength lay in..

Sargam

Sargam

Posted: 19 May 2005 at 2:59pm | IP Logged

Yes, I totally agree with the fact that Simran has lost her identity in all the things that have happened to her....

But think about it, hasn't Abhi also done the same thing? He has lost his identity from Abhi to Anand. So I don't think the losing identity thing implies only to Simran, but to Abhi too. This 2 people look to have very complex personalities, and it's difficult to understand them.

Simran, is a strong lady, but when it comes to her personal life, she is emotionally weak, but then again, isn't that reality too? We can guide others and console others and tell them to be strong in their times of difficulty, but when difficulty strikes us, don't we all become emotionally weak too? SO I don't think that the serial has lost its basic identity.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top