Book Talk

To Kill A MockingBird By Harper Lee

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 1:17am | IP Logged
'To Kill a Mocking Bird' is about the hunting of symbolical mocking birds in the society dominated by the whites. A mocking bird brings no harm to anyone. It is pretty and perches on the branch and just cooes - it never disturbs anyone. To kill a mocking bird is a sin. The story from the point of view of an eight year old girl, Jean-Louis 'Scout' Finch beautifully illustrates the difference in perception of the right and the wrong, of courage and cowardice. It is an example of how the society remains biased and forces the brave one to take up impossible jobs and then turns it's back on them. Atticus Finch, a man in his fifties without a wife and two young children aged 9 and 13 is a fine example of the right parent and the brave man. He is a lawyer fighting for the innocence of black man wrongly accused by a white. He is a man who despite difficult circumstances teaches his children that one shouldn't hate and that courage is not just standing up with a gun in hand. To Kill a Mockingbird though old - too old is a classic!

'They are certainly entitled to think that. They're entitled full respects for their opinions.'

'There is one thing that doesn't abide by the majority rule is a man's conscience'

-Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mocking Bird.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

*Dev.*-victoRiya--Mystery-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "To Kill A MockingBird By Harper Lee" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 1:29am | IP Logged
This is one of the classics I absolutely love. I had first read it in Middle school, I think, and have loved it ever since. It's been awhile I haven't read it again.. I'll probably pick it up soon.  One of the best stories about doing what's right, even against all odds.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

*Dev.*-victoRiya--Dee-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top