*Merry Christmas 2012*

Posted: 11 years ago

Christmas is a holiday that adults enjoy as much as children🥳.

The preparations, the shopping for gifts, the cooking, and the singing is not hard for a grown-up to get into the spirit of Christmas.

hristmas season is the season of joy and laughter, during which Christians everywhere give thanks to God, the Father for the birth of His Son, Jesus Christ.  This joyous cycle is celebrated onDecember 25, the Festival of the Nativity of Lord, every year.

hile Scripture contains many details about Christ's nativity, it does not record the exact date of His birth.  However, ancient documents show that the Christian community in Rome began celebrating the Lord's Nativity on December 25 starting around the year A.D. 336.  No one knows for sure why the early Roman Christians chose December 25, but a widely held explanation is that they appropriated the already existing winter solstice festival honoring the pagan sun god, Mithras.  This popular festival was known as Natalis Solis Invicti or "Birth of the Unconquered Sun."  According to this theory, Christian leaders in Rome chose December 25 to turn people away from the pagan Sol Invictus (Unconquered Sun) and toward Jesus Christ, the Sun of Righteousness.

he possible linkage to the Roman sun cult has led some critics -- including some Christians -- to claim that Christmas was originally a pagan celebration that was co-opted by the early church.  However, the alleged connection between the date of Christmas and Natalis Solis Invicti is quite difficult to demonstrate in light of the documentary evidence that survives. 

he Santa Claus tradition is based on the life of a Christian bishop of the fourth century, Nicholas of Myra, whose feast day occurs on December 6th.  Christmas trees seem to have originated in medieval Germany.  These two are possibly the most popular and recognizable symbols of our society's non-religious celebrations during Christmas.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeNJmOsBS94&list=HL1356364813[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dfbSSU0gFA&list=HL1356364909&feature=mh_lolz[/YOUTUBE]

hristmas Day is an annual holiday celebrated on December 25 that commemorates the birth of Jesus of Nazareth. Modern customs of the holiday include gift-giving, church celebrations, the exchange of cards, and the display of various decorations ; including the Christmas tree, lights, mistletoe, nativity scenes, and holly. Santa Claus/Father Christmas, although the two figures have different origins, is a popular mythological figure often associated with bringing gifts at Christmas for children. Christmas is celebrated throughout the Christian population, but has also come to be celebrated by many non-Christians as a secular, cultural festival.

For sure I'm going to be kicked out of this forum...😲

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWPClqYmmOo[/YOUTUBE]

It's a season of forgiveness, please forgive me

By Hollie and Gisel

Edited by Shemmo - 11 years ago
Dont forget to watch the HILARIOUS video made by GISEL 😃
Share your commentsss 😛

Edited by Shemmo - 11 years ago
Awesome thread shamz. 

Gisel .. super o super!!  🤣🤣🤣 best xmas present for thendral members !!
Very nice thread girls!!

LOL omggg I was laughing and coughing watching the Thendral video!!  It was hilarious!!!  I have to say best part was the start with MM, Bhuv, TPS, Lax, Padma all doing the dance.  I also really liked TT part.  Prabha's expression during his dance...lol.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to those celebrating it.
Lovely thread Gisel, Hollie & Shammu🤗...wow gisel...hahaha that video🤣🤣🤣...tooo good 😆

Happy Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone...enjoy and have fun with your family & friends

Merry Christmas!

Video superr Gisel, thange mudiyele, soo good🤣
Best best is Charu kicks Keshav. T&T ippidi good a salsa dance pannuvange la😆
Edited by Hollie24 - 11 years ago
Dont thank me for thread 😃 It was done by Hollie and Gisel not me 😊

Superb hilarious video Gisel 🤣🤣🤣 Especially Bhuvana between Lax and MM (HAHAHAHAHAHA) Omggg sirippu thangala, SUPERRR 👏 Prabha expression while dancing suits him a lott and GW and TPS mom HAHA 🤣🤣
Thanks a ton Hollie for being there and doing almost most of the thread within 2 days time🤗!!!
Thanks Shammu for being there at the right time to post it, I totally forgot about the midnight mass😛!!!

Sorry Thendral cast, I never meant to hurt your feelings😒...
The Thread and Video is just awesome..!!
Gisel and Hollie and Shammy Great Job!!

Wish U all A Happy and Merry Christmas!!...
Oh I almost missed the thread and the video..

super work..great thread and the video- too good...

Seasons greetings to all of you!