Arshics

IF-Sizzlerz

Arshics

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Smile
Originally posted by GayuArnav

Originally posted by arshicritic

Originally posted by GayuArnav

You can hope but to be frank Barun is not a bollywood material. I like him as an actor.But Tellywood is his place. 
And he doesn't hold a candle before the new generation of Bollywood. 
He has a fan following but not large enough to make him a BW star. Many people in the BW forum don't even know who Barun sobti is.
Im not degrading him in anyway. I like him as an actor but that doesn't mean he will be a notable BW star. And with the kind of movies he is debuting into BW industry its very difficult for him to get noticed. 

You have a point

But I am rooting for him

Sometimes the unconventional clicks

Well I have got nothing to say to that.
Its your wish and belief. 
And I can't oppose that in anyway Can I?

Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "If SRK can make it why not BS (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Arshics

IF-Sizzlerz

Arshics

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sampin

Also depends on what sort of an image Barun wants to create!!

If he wants to be popular with the common masses..it'll be hard..because the charm that Shahrukh..Amir or Salman brings with them..or even Saif...that hold the audience captive from Kashmir to Kanyakumari..that would be highly impossible!!

But Bollywood has "actors" too..Irrfan Khan,Nawazuddin Siddique,Konkona Sensharma...there are handful of people here and there...making their presence felt!!This breed of actors do not need to dance around the trees or wear Hawai T shirts in the mountains of Switzerland to prove their acting talents!!

Among the newer lot..Aamir's Nephew Imran Khan..is a horrible dancer.And he has confessed that!!But being Aamir's nephew..he has producers lined up at his door!!So for a struggler like Barun..without any contacts as such..it'll be hard..but not impossible!!

And Bollywood cannot be defined by a few adjectives!!I defy to agree with a few here.If  convention rules BW..there are also many who refuses to get stereotyped and are purely unconventional!It is a wide arena..and everyone gets a fair share..ofc with a few good qualities!!

So true, if Barun can find his niche, he will find success

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aditi07..mrinalini..

aditi07

IF-Dazzler

aditi07

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 9:42am | IP Logged

Because SRK didn't have an entire bloodthirsty forum forum baying for his blood...scrutinizing his every interview...measuring every word as he spoke and giving time  to time verdicts whether he'd ever make it big or not!!

Shahrukh Khan is a star.Anyone who says he's a good ACTOR..would be exaggerating.I'm a huge Shahrukh Khan fan.To become a STAR of his magnitude would be a dream for every single kid out there...AND THERE'S ONLY ONE SHAHRUKH KHAN..

Barun Sobti is a good actor.I've seen this forum become a star critic of his acting..but looking at his acting..even from a non fangirl POV..some of his scenes can floor anyone.While some are plain ordinary..few are simply magnificent!!

Barun is 28...he can try.And when has Bollywood ever been promoting "quality" over "quantity"??!!When I see the faces of a few star kids with ZERO acting talent loads of "over confidence" all over the town...I feel proud that there are ppl like Barun too..Young..talented..flawed..without a "Godfather" trying to make a mark on his own in BW!!

As far as this forum is considered,

After all ppl throw stones at the tree that bear fruits!!

PS:For ppl considering this post as a comparing post..IT ISN'T..Even if it compares...It does between a struggler SRK and a struggler Sobti.That's all!!

ABSOLUTELY Sammy ...you echoed exactly what had been in my heart & was thinking to put down!! Barun is way beyond most of the Star-kids flaunting around in industry!!

even if one is not is his fan..one cant deny the fact dat he is a GOOD actor - very talented & great looks, having all the basic ingredients which accompanied with right decisions & Luck, can take him very far in the Bollywood industry!!!

I just pray god to bestow upon him all his blessings & Wish him all the best to achieve all the fame & success!!

Edited by aditi07 - 24 December 2012 at 9:46am

aditi07

IF-Dazzler

aditi07

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arshicritic

Originally posted by Su_Somerholic

Originally posted by Su_Somerholic

BS no doubt is extremely talented, but unfortunately it doesn't look very likely that he can be the next SRK!

SRK is a very smart and shrewd man. He is a true businessman at heart. He knew how to develop contacts, which IMHO, Barun lacks. 
He's too simple for his own good. 

Also, when SRK entered the industry, the competition was very less. Today film industry is flooding with newcomers, it'd be difficult for Barun to stand out amongst them.

Unless Barun makes useful contacts, finds a good mentor, the chances of him making big in Bollywood is a distant dream. 
Unfortunately in BW today, the requirement for contacts is more necessary than talent. 

But yeah, as an ardent Barun fan, I wish him all the very best, and hope he does great, whether it'd be on television or on big screen! Smile

TBH Suhasini..Barun needs to brush up his PR skills...Call of the hour!!
Shahrukh Khan is a shrewd man.He's a clever enterpreneur!!He's a STAR just for nothing!!
Barun is talented!!But sadly apart from looks and acting prowess..one needs to be street smart!!

Barun needs luck and he definitely needs to work on his PR skills!!

Sammy, PR skills are secondary requirement!
First he needs to be street smart to develop contacts, get in touch with people who will help him with his career. He needs a Yash Chopra as his mentor. If he finds one such person who' can guide him, then the said person will also help him with his PR skills! Wink

One good movie which is a hit, and everything will change

That's all he needs - one hit

Absolutely..One hit...that is what he will require !!
PR skills though necessary, can be learned thru right people at your side Wink, so street smart & making the right choice of movies is what he needs rite nw the most !!!

Arshics

IF-Sizzlerz

Arshics

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditi07

Because SRK didn't have an entire bloodthirsty forum forum baying for his blood...scrutinizing his every interview...measuring every word as he spoke and giving time  to time verdicts whether he'd ever make it big or not!!

Shahrukh Khan is a star.Anyone who says he's a good ACTOR..would be exaggerating.I'm a huge Shahrukh Khan fan.To become a STAR of his magnitude would be a dream for every single kid out there...AND THERE'S ONLY ONE SHAHRUKH KHAN..

Barun Sobti is a good actor.I've seen this forum become a star critic of his acting..but looking at his acting..even from a non fangirl POV..some of his scenes can floor anyone.While some are plain ordinary..few are simply magnificent!!

Barun is 28...he can try.And when has Bollywood ever been promoting "quality" over "quantity"??!!When I see the faces of a few star kids with ZERO acting talent loads of "over confidence" all over the town...I feel proud that there are ppl like Barun too..Young..talented..flawed..without a "Godfather" trying to make a mark on his own in BW!!

As far as this forum is considered,

After all ppl throw stones at the tree that bear fruits!!

PS:For ppl considering this post as a comparing post..IT ISN'T..Even if it compares...It does between a struggler SRK and a struggler Sobti.That's all!!

ABSOLUTELY Sammy ...you echoed exactly what had been in my heart & was thinking to put down!! Barun is way beyond most of the Star-kids flaunting around in industry!!

even if one is not is his fan..one cant deny the fact dat he is a GOOD actor - very talented & great looks, having all the basic ingredients which accompanied with right decisions & Luck, can take him very far in the Bollywood industry!!!

I just pray god to bestow upon him all his blessings & Wish him all the best to achieve all the fame & success!!

And may we get to see a lot more facets to his talent through his films

oblivious.

IF-Sizzlerz

oblivious.

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Are we actually comparing Shahrukh to Barun?
As much as I like Barun, please Shahrukh is way above him in every aspect.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ducktalesmeghasingh

Arshics

IF-Sizzlerz

Arshics

Posted: 26 December 2012 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aishh.

Are we actually comparing Shahrukh to Barun?
As much as I like Barun, please Shahrukh is way above him in every aspect.

No we are not. We are upholding Shahrukh as an example every TV actor would want to emulate.

Since Shahrukh started with TV. and made it big in bolly, Barun also might stand a chance, since too has the talent and charisma required for stardom

Edited by arshicritic - 26 December 2012 at 7:14am

serendipity235

serendipity235

Posted: 26 December 2012 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Well it does seem unlikely that he would be able to break into the world of big commercial cinema because that involves a lot of complexities and is more about gloss than substance - not to mention that Barun is not really a typical BW hero - with a flamboyant personality, beefed up body and polished dancing skills. 

But I do see him doing well in smaller, more meaningful films where his acting skills are exploited and going by his choice of his second movie, it looks like that's what he's targeting as well. I find his thought processes intriguing. 

Whether the movies click or not, I hope he gets noticed for his acting - at least enough to sustain him coz he is far too talented to be ignored. 

I look forward to all his movies as I am sure there will be something to watch, something special that he will bring to the roles.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Su_Somerholicnomad.nesstemperance12

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.