Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 8:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GayuArnav

Originally posted by arshicritic

Ermm...I don't know what to say! Stern Smile
When Sharukh came to the bollywood world Im sure it was not as competitive as it is today.
But now there is a heavy competition in BW and Barun wouldn't stand a chance unless he has a very famous PH launching him and that is not the case either.And Movie makers especially in BW are not fond of Tellywood stars.They don't like them entering the industry with a 'Serial hero' name and fame! 
So practically its Impossible! 
Being a Barun fan you can wish him luck and pray for his success but that doesn't change the fact that Tellywood stars are nobody in BW world! 

Every now and then a nobody makes it big

And a star is born

Hope lives eternal

You can hope but to be frank Barun is not a bollywood material. I like him as an actor.But Tellywood is his place. 
And he doesn't hold a candle before the new generation of Bollywood. 
He has a fan following but not large enough to make him a BW star. Many people in the BW forum don't even know who Barun sobti is.
Im not degrading him in anyway. I like him as an actor but that doesn't mean he will be a notable BW star. And with the kind of movies he is debuting into BW industry its very difficult for him to get noticed. 

You have a point

But I am rooting for him

Sometimes the unconventional clicks

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bepatient

Su_Somerholic Senior Member
Su_Somerholic
Su_Somerholic

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sampin

Originally posted by Su_Somerholic

BS no doubt is extremely talented, but unfortunately it doesn't look very likely that he can be the next SRK!

SRK is a very smart and shrewd man. He is a true businessman at heart. He knew how to develop contacts, which IMHO, Barun lacks. 
He's too simple for his own good. 

Also, when SRK entered the industry, the competition was very less. Today film industry is flooding with newcomers, it'd be difficult for Barun to stand out amongst them.

Unless Barun makes useful contacts, finds a good mentor, the chances of him making big in Bollywood is a distant dream. 
Unfortunately in BW today, the requirement for contacts is more necessary than talent. 

But yeah, as an ardent Barun fan, I wish him all the very best, and hope he does great, whether it'd be on television or on big screen! Smile

TBH Suhasini..Barun needs to brush up his PR skills...Call of the hour!!
Shahrukh Khan is a shrewd man.He's a clever enterpreneur!!He's a STAR just for nothing!!
Barun is talented!!But sadly apart from looks and acting prowess..one needs to be street smart!!

Barun needs luck and he definitely needs to work on his PR skills!!

Sammy, PR skills are secondary requirement!
First he needs to be street smart to develop contacts, get in touch with people who will help him with his career. He needs a Yash Chopra as his mentor. If he finds one such person who' can guide him, then the said person will also help him with his PR skills! Wink

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

aditi07..mrinalini..rini_kat

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by saij

Wish Barun all the best.

Thumbs Up
Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 8:16am | IP Logged

BS no doubt is extremely talented, but unfortunately it doesn't look very likely that he can be the next SRK!

SRK is a very smart and shrewd man. He is a true businessman at heart. He knew how to develop contacts, which IMHO, Barun lacks. 
He's too simple for his own good. 

Also, when SRK entered the industry, the competition was very less. Today film industry is flooding with newcomers, it'd be difficult for Barun to stand out amongst them.

Unless Barun makes useful contacts, finds a good mentor, the chances of him making big in Bollywood is a distant dream. 
Unfortunately in BW today, the requirement for contacts is more necessary than talent. 

But yeah, as an ardent Barun fan, I wish him all the very best, and hope he does great, whether it'd be on television or on big screen! Smile

Shahrukh Khan is a shrewd man.He's a clever enterpreneur!!He's a STAR just for nothing!!
Barun is talented!!But sadly apart from looks and acting prowess..one needs to be street smart!!

First he needs to be street smart to develop contacts, get in touch with people who will help him with his career. He needs a Yash Chopra as his mentor. If he finds one such person who' can guide him, then the said person will also help him with his PR skills! Wink

One good movie which is a hit, and everything will change

That's all he needs - one hit

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aditi07..mrinalini..

GayuArnav IF-Sizzlerz
GayuArnav
GayuArnav

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 8:17am | IP Logged

You can hope but to be frank Barun is not a bollywood material. I like him as an actor.But Tellywood is his place. 
And he doesn't hold a candle before the new generation of Bollywood. 
He has a fan following but not large enough to make him a BW star. Many people in the BW forum don't even know who Barun sobti is.
Im not degrading him in anyway. I like him as an actor but that doesn't mean he will be a notable BW star. And with the kind of movies he is debuting into BW industry its very difficult for him to get noticed. 

You have a point

But I am rooting for him

Sometimes the unconventional clicks

Well I have got nothing to say to that.
Its your wish and belief. 
And I can't oppose that in anyway Can I?

Miss CherieSuper.Psycho_

Su_Somerholic Senior Member
Su_Somerholic
Su_Somerholic

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 8:20am | IP Logged

One good movie which is a hit, and everything will change

That's all he needs - one hit

One hit won't guarantee him success. Rajeev Khandelwal's "Aamir" was a terrific movie. It was liked by critics and general audience alike. But it's not like he's become a star in BW!

Barun will have to deliver atleast 3-4 hits to survive in BW!

Let's just hope he's successful in doing so! Heart

rini_kat..mrinalini..

..mrinalini.. IF-Rockerz
..mrinalini..
..mrinalini..

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Also depends on what sort of an image Barun wants to create!!

If he wants to be popular with the common masses..it'll be hard..because the charm that Shahrukh..Amir or Salman brings with them..or even Saif...that hold the audience captive from Kashmir to Kanyakumari..that would be highly impossible!!

But Bollywood has "actors" too..Irrfan Khan,Nawazuddin Siddique,Konkona Sensharma...there are handful of people here and there...making their presence felt!!This breed of actors do not need to dance around the trees or wear Hawai T shirts in the mountains of Switzerland to prove their acting talents!!

Among the newer lot..Aamir's Nephew Imran Khan..is a horrible dancer.And he has confessed that!!But being Aamir's nephew..he has producers lined up at his door!!So for a struggler like Barun..without any contacts as such..it'll be hard..but not impossible!!

And Bollywood cannot be defined by a few adjectives!!I defy to agree with a few here.If  convention rules BW..there are also many who refuses to get stereotyped and are purely unconventional!It is a wide arena..and everyone gets a fair share..ofc with a few good qualities!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Su_Somerholicnomad.nessrini_kat

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index