Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: serendipity235

Well it does seem unlikely that he would be able to break into the world of big commercial cinema because that involves a lot of complexities and is more about gloss than substance - not to mention that Barun is not really a typical BW hero - with a flamboyant personality, beefed up body and polished dancing skills. 

But I do see him doing well in smaller, more meaningful films where his acting skills are exploited and going by his choice of his second movie, it looks like that's what he's targeting as well. I find his thought processes intriguing. 

Whether the movies click or not, I hope he gets noticed for his acting - at least enough to sustain him coz he is far too talented to be ignored. 

I look forward to all his movies as I am sure there will be something to watch, something special that he will bring to the roles.

What you are saying makes a lot of sense. Barun is not the go getting type also. He always talks of an easy pace of work and balancing family and work. So yeah, small niche films where he gets to do quality work at his pace and comfort maybe what he is going for!

As long as we get to see him doing good work ! 
-Raichu- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Barun Sobti is a good actor but he has a lot to improve.

First of all he's not steady : in some scenes he's outstanding whereas in some scenes isn't just average.

He needs to look after his look too : he looks unhealthy and his face oiler day by day !

Besides, being a producer I won't trust him, he showed with Ipkknd that he's someone who is very emotional and his family means a lot for him, but being an actor he needs to sacrifice a lot !
Their will be a lot of outdoor shootings, would he be able to manage it ??

Last but not least need to improve his dancing skills !

Being a good actor is not enough to suceed in BW, he needs to CHOOSE his movies ! For now his first movie is meant to be a flop.

May be he can make it, but it's going to be VERY difficult !

Something that most of you forget is that his succes in television is MAINLY because of his chemistry with Sanaya Irani, would he be able to create that chemistry with another actress ??

For me he's an ordinary actor with good acting skills and good look.

I don't think it's enough to become the next SRK.

Anyway I wish a all the best for his next projects.
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: Agathe

Barun Sobti is a good actor but he has a lot to improve.

First of all he's not steady : in some scenes he's outstanding whereas in some scenes isn't just average.

He needs to look after his look too : he looks unhealthy and his face oiler day by day !

Besides, being a producer I won't trust him, he showed with Ipkknd that he's someone who is very emotional and his family means a lot for him, but being an actor he needs to sacrifice a lot !
Their will be a lot of outdoor shootings, would he be able to manage it ??

Last but not least need to improve his dancing skills !

Being a good actor is not enough to suceed in BW, he needs to CHOOSE his movies ! For now his first movie is meant to be a flop.

May be he can make it, but it's going to be VERY difficult !

Something that most of you forget is that his succes in television is MAINLY because of his chemistry with Sanaya Irani, would he be able to create that chemistry with another actress ??

For me he's an ordinary actor with good acting skills and good look.

I don't think it's enough to become the next SRK.

Anyway I wish a all the best for his next projects.

I agree that he has a lot to do before he can become Bollywood material, but he has the right ingredients , so I feel he would make it, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, time will tell.

But here ally has the potential I feel
bepatient thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: droopy-asleep

Also depends on what sort of an image Barun wants to create!!

If he wants to be popular with the common masses..it'll be hard..because the charm that Shahrukh..Amir or Salman brings with them..or even Saif...that hold the audience captive from Kashmir to Kanyakumari..that would be highly impossible!!

But Bollywood has "actors" too..Irrfan Khan,Nawazuddin Siddique,Konkona Sensharma...there are handful of people here and there...making their presence felt!!This breed of actors do not need to dance around the trees or wear Hawai T shirts in the mountains of Switzerland to prove their acting talents!!

Among the newer lot..Aamir's Nephew Imran Khan..is a horrible dancer.And he has confessed that!!But being Aamir's nephew..he has producers lined up at his door!!So for a struggler like Barun..without any contacts as such..it'll be hard..but not impossible!!

And Bollywood cannot be defined by a few adjectives!!I defy to agree with a few here.If  convention rules BW..there are also many who refuses to get stereotyped and are purely unconventional!It is a wide arena..and everyone gets a fair share..ofc with a few good qualities!!

I don't know why it is wrong to compare as long as we don't degrade any actor !!

Anyway, I really don't find any new comers who have really good acting skills or even screen presence. Maybe they are too new and very young and will learn as time comes.

But Barun is good in acting. And he has good looks too.  Any other skill like PR, dance can be learnt by him.  But he just needs someone to place their hand on his head and guide him in the bw industry.  Like the talented anushka sharma. I heard that Yashji & Adityaji of Chopras guided her and she became now established in the industry. I mean talent and luck matter a lot to survive in bw industry. Rajeev khandelwal is such a talented guy.. amazingly good and his movie aamir too was impressive but he couldn't get the right kind of people to back him.  Maybe for guys to get established is difficult.  I can only hope that Barun get lucky and becomes part of the bw famous brigade :)))
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: ipkkndfan30

I don't know why it is wrong to compare as long as we don't degrade any actor !!

Anyway, I really don't find any new comers who have really good acting skills or even screen presence. Maybe they are too new and very young and will learn as time comes.

But Barun is good in acting. And he has good looks too.  Any other skill like PR, dance can be learnt by him.  But he just needs someone to place their hand on his head and guide him in the bw industry.  Like the talented anushka sharma. I heard that Yashji & Adityaji of Chopras guided her and she became now established in the industry. I mean talent and luck matter a lot to survive in bw industry. Rajeev khandelwal is such a talented guy.. amazingly good and his movie aamir too was impressive but he couldn't get the right kind of people to back him.  Maybe for guys to get established is difficult.  I can only hope that Barun get lucky and becomes part of the bw famous brigade :)))

This new year, let's hope and pray Barun gets Bollywood success and proves that talent will always be rewarded
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Never heard of BS, but if he is fated to succeed then nothing will stop him.
gurti4eva thumbnail
then,can I ask
When SRK could make it,why not Harshad Chopra?or even Hussain?

well,I guess to get into bollywood is easy,like SRK,anyone can get in,but,not everyone can be an SRK!

an actor posesses certain qualities

and according to me,NO ONE from the tellywood industry has 'em!

you can see that Iam a gurti fan,but I don't follow any actor blindly.I will say the same for gurmeet too.he too can't be an SRK!
The actors in tellywood now are the softies you can say...they don't have that spark!
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

Never heard of BS, but if he is fated to succeed then nothing will stop him.

Aapke muh main ghee shakkar
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: gurti4eva

then,can I ask

When SRK could make it,why not Harshad Chopra?or even Hussain?

well,I guess to get into bollywood is easy,like SRK,anyone can get in,but,not everyone can be an SRK!

an actor posesses certain qualities

and according to me,NO ONE from the tellywood industry has 'em!

you can see that Iam a gurti fan,but I don't follow any actor blindly.I will say the same for gurmeet too.he too can't be an SRK!
The actors in tellywood now are the softies you can say...they don't have that spark!

In my opinion, Barun has that something special, so he stands a good chance, 

But of course, I agree with you that bollywood is a different game altogether and Barun will have a tough time, still hope that he will meet success
Originally posted by: Gurmeet4Drashti

Hope even BS would soon be a superstar ...

Love you Barun :)

disagree   completely    😡,  only goo can   make it       , he is the next srk     ...ksg , barun paani bharte hai uskey aage 😳 gurmeet is best 😳