Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

abavi

IF-Dazzler

abavi

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 4:42am | IP Logged
From the Author's desk: This is an OS I had written long time back after the final book cam out... I had posted it in another Fanfiction site... I dont know if OS on HP is welcome here... Just posting this as a trial, I might try more FF/OS if I get enough responses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A birthday Surprise

It was Easter holidays again. Ginny was back at burrow for the holidays waiting for Hermione to come after she pays a short visit to see her parents. Otherwise the once over crowded burrow was almost lonely except for her mom and dad. Ron had moved out to live with Harry at an immensely changed # 12, Grimmald place. "Having a reformed and much happier elf did help in making living conditions at the black manor better" Harry told them during Christmas.

Ginny dreaded coming home for Easter. It was not because of how boring Burrow has turned into. It was something to do with the approaching Birthday of the twins. The first year George would be celebrating without his twin. It is not that he has not gotten over the fact that they have lost Fred forever. He is much better nowadays ' back to his own self or that's what Ron says he is like when he goes over to help him in the shop some evenings.

Though the family has slowly got out of their mourning state by accepting Fred's death in a manner as graceful as possible, family gatherings like this usually brought out thoughts about the deceased prankster that he was and along with it a miserable feeling of loss. She was having second thoughts about coming home for Easter.  She was having second thoughts about coming home for Easter. It was only because of Hermione's persistence that it is not good to run away from some things like this and because of the time she would get to spend with Harry had made her change her decision and come home.

"Oh Merlin's pants! How long are they going to take to come here before I die out of boredom?" She told herself. But she knew already that Harry and Ron would be there for the weekend and Hermione would come the next day. But she couldn't wait enough. She dashed out into the backyard before her mom would give her some stupid task to get out of boredom. She paused briefly at the broom cupboard before grabbing a broom and zoomed of to let out her frustrations. Flying always felt good.

~*~*~
"Ginny get up! They are here. I can hear voices" Hermione shouted before she left Ginny's small bedroom that she had been sharing with Ginny during her short stay at burrow.

Ginny stirred in her sleep before Hermione's voice registered in her mind. When it did she sat upright. "Oh yes its weekend, How did I forget?" She dressed up quickly and went down.

She found the trio at the kitchen table with the boys sitting on either side of Hermione taking and having breakfast.

Harry was the first to notice her. "Hi, Ginny!"

"Hi" She replied.

"Wake up Ginny! You still seem to lumber around" Ron called out teasingly

"I am awake" she stared at him before joining them at the table.

"Morning dear! Would you like some sandwiches now" Her mother asked her.

"A little later mom. For now I will have some tea" She helped herself with some from the teapot.

"You forgot we are coming today?" Ron asked Ginny.

"No she didn't. How can she? We have been talking about it all day yesterday" Hermione defended her.

"Oh yeah? That's why she wears a surprised look at her face?" said Ron

"Alright I didn't expect you this early. Ok?" Ginny snapped back at Ron.

"It was just a joke" Ron said

"A poor joke" Ginny called back. Before she saw harry smiling to himself.

"What was that for?"

He was taken aback."Just like that" he told her with an amused look.

"Ron, Harry can you both stay until Easter?" Molly asked them

"I don't know Mom; we will be there on Easter morning. You know we are not in school now- We don't have Easter Holidays as we have in school. Auror training days are usually long. You know we have night watches too sometimes" Ron told her.

"Yes I know" Molly told them before continuing hesitantly, "it is only that George's birthday is coming and this is the first time he would be doing it alone"

"We will surely come for his Birthday" Harry told her

"I know you will come dear. But I was thinking if you both could stay here for sometime as I have decided to ask him to come and stay for sometime too- to make him little cheerful before his birthday you know'"

"God! This is going to be difficult" thought Ginny

"I think we can manage that. We will apparate to the Ministry from here." Harry told her at last.

"Yes it shouldn't be difficult Ron. Your Dad does it everyday" Hermione told

"Yeah I guess then that should be ok." He replied.

"Alright thanks dears" Molly busied herself in clearing the empty plates
"Mom, Where is Dad?" Ginny asked her mom..

"He left early dear, Ministry business" Molly told her

"Oh fine" she told before snatching a toast from the toast plate and the joining the rest of them in the backyard.
~*~
Hermione and Ron were walking towards the pool and Harry was walking beside them. Ginny silently joined them and took Harry's hand in hers. Harry gave her a smile and squeezed her hand a little. Ginny smiled back and they kept walking.
"I can't believe you were thinking twice to spend time at burrow Ron? I cut short my visit to my parents place to spend time here and you talk of auror's business" Hermione was accusing him

"Hermione, it's not about spending time with you' It is about asking George to join us you know? He told her.

"Ron! Are you running away from consoling and comforting your brother?"

"No Hermione, Ron doesn't mean that" Harry told her.

Ron added hastily "I meant that George would be more cheerful at his flat above his shop" Ron smirked.

"What are you two going about?" Ginny asked them

"Keeping secrets from us?" Hermione was looking at them having knowing smiles.

"You know that I go to the shop sometimes to help George." Ron told them

"yes" the girls both told together

"I sometimes see Lee coming over to help George as well. And sometimes Angelina comes over"

"Angelina?" Hermione was surprised

Ginny guessed what was coming.

"So are they seeing eachother now?" She asked them

"Sort of" Ron laughed off

"What does that mean?" Ginny wanted to know

"It means that there is more to come" Harry provided helpfully
"Oh" Hermione suddenly gasped truth sinking on her.
"What?" Ginny was getting annoyed now.
"Are they living together?" Hermione asked Ron "or are they engaged?"

"Yes- I think almost..." Ron laughed. "He did not tell me. I just found out."
"Good for him" Ginny told them "I was amazed how suddenly he came over to be his own self after 5 months of living inside his shell. So this was the magic that was working on him"
"could be" Ron laughed "I can only imagine Mom's reaction when she finds out"
"She will not find out if you keep your mouth shut Ron" Hermione told him.
"And lose the opportunity to take Mickey out of him? No way" Ron told her 

"At least we don't have to try hard to cheer him up then" Ginny commented.
They reached the small pond. "Harry is something wrong?" Ginny suddenly realized that he had not spoken much until then.
"Nothing." He smiled. "I am just happy I guess. It's a nice day" He told her.
"Ok. Here is where we leave you both." Ron mimicked Percy as he took hold of Hermione's hand. "We will meet you both at lunch"
"Hopefully if Mom does not suspect and starts searching. You don't want her to find how are planning to spend the time till afternoon' " Ginny told him. Ron groaned. Even harry looked uneasy. Hermione giggled. Ginny gave her a smile before the other couple walked away in each other's arms.

"So how do we plan to spend the time till afternoon?" Ginny asked harry. Harry pulled away his eyes from his departing friends to look at her.

"I am sure we will have lot of useful things to do" he grinned at her pulling her towards the tree a little further from the pond. It was their favorite place for the so called useful pastime.
~*~

If George was a bit upset on April 1st, he was not showing it. They had called a very few of his close friends for the party. Lee and Angelina were there of course. Harry, Ron, and Hermione did their best to help Ginny set the mood in the party. When it was time to open his presents, George's mood changed. He became all silent and others instantly knew that he was thinking about Fred. Angelina was at his side at an instant, holding his hand. Lee tried to make the situation light by cracking jokes but that didn't help.

Molly started sniffing and Mr.Weasley was trying to console his wife and looked on at George with a sad face. Ron helplessly looked on while Hermione was trying helplessly to calm Mrs.Weasley.

"Oh it is all over the days after the war again" Ginny told Harry.
"No it will not be" he assured her." I have an idea."
Before Ginny could ask what idea it was, Harry walked up to the table and picked up the gift that he had bought for George.
"George, Come on open this." Harry was holding it to him.
"What an insensitive git of a boyfriend have I got" Ginny thought to herself
George smiled sadly "You know we always opened the gifts together. Me and Fred' "George told him
"I insist" Harry was not going to let him go
George was suddenly annoyed that he pulled it from Harry and ripped open the brown cover covering it
Ron and Ginny were annoyed as well before they heard a voice saying "ouch! Slowly Forge that aches!"
Everyone was stunned for a while. That was Fred's voice. George stopped tearing the brown cover and stared unbelievingly at Harry and back to the gift.
Mrs.Weasley was hysteric. "Was that Freddie? Wh..Where are you?"
She was looking all over the place. Probably she thought her son had returned back as a ghost.
"Sitting in Georgie's Lappie waiting for the git to take off this brown cover" came his amused voice again.
"Go on" Harry prompted again.
"No I don't believe this" George told him with an evil grin on his face before he went on to remove the brown cover to reveal the portrait of Fred to the family's happiness.

"You don't have to spend your birthday alone again" Harry told him before George stood up and gave him a brotherly hug.

"yeah. And I will never grow old year after year. Whereas his 'holey'ness  will. That makes me Happy!" grinned the portrait Fred.
"That was wonderful! thanks mate" Ron told him. Hermione was beaming beside him.
"Do you know how much that means to us, son" Mr. weasley asked him with a grateful eyes.
"I do Mr.Weasley" Harry told him before Mrs. Weasley pulled into a bone crushing hug she was famous for. He simply pated her letting her know that he accepted her thanks.
Harry turned around to look at Ginny's reaction. He saw her standing beside him with that blazing look that she had during his sixth year after they had won the Quidditch match and in that instant he knew what was going to happen. He was aware of the people who were surrounding them otherwise he wouldn't have minded. He was beginning to say "no, not here" before her lips came crashing against his and the room had again gone so quiet.
"Ginny!" her mother's shriek pulled them apart. Lee wolf whistled. Ron and Hermione were looking at eachother and grinning. Harry felt so embarrassed.
"Doesn't he deserve it mom?" Ginny told her mom. Harry could not help admiring her guts.
Mrs.Weasley was about to start her lecture, but Mr.Weasley stopped her. "Leave it Molly" Mr Weasley told his wife. Then he turned to Ginny "Ginny! We are not forbidding you, But show some discreetness when you are amongst your family" He told her sternly.
"Sorry! I lost control." she murmered not feeling sorry in the least.
"lost control...Seeing Fred again?" Lee Jordan grinned.
 "oh really? Then give him a kick as well because I am not Fred." told the figure in the portrait.
"What? No!" Harry blurted out. "After all the fortune I spent in that, you tell me that now?" he was shocked that after all effort it went in vain.
George laughed. "Yes he is Gred! How come it is my birthday and you get a gift harry?" George asked him mischievously.
"You would get your share too George if you want" Angelina told him softly so only he could hear.
"Yeah?" cried out the portrait Fred. "and could someone hold me properly so I can get a good view because I missed the last one between Harry and Ginny because of wrong angle" he complained.
"Fred!" Shouted Mrs.Weasley and then "George!" she sighed before breaking into a smile.
Mr.Weasley smiled too. This day turned out to be too good.
PS: Please don't forget to leave a comment. It will help me improve. Also let me know if you liked/Disliked the content.As far a s possible I have tried to be consistent with the characters and the events that appear in the book. And the usual Disclaimer: I don't own Harrypotter and the characters that appear in the book:) it belongs to the genius called JKR, I simply have spun this one shot with her characters!

Edited by abavi - 25 December 2012 at 7:14pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

dancydreamerkrish_artiniharikapkria1996MioneSimi_YaRaLoverCutecjtwilaCavingInVarunKiBiwiEphemera--Mahima--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "HP OS: A birthday Surprise" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 5:25am | IP Logged
@ abavi it's awesome, hard to imagine Hp life without Fred and the idea of his potrait was great.
Please continue and tell more. ( hermione's profession not know plz do reveal it) it's really great you can make a connection from DH.
Could you please PM me when you update. Thanks.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

abavi

CavingIn

IF-Rockerz

CavingIn

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 7:05am | IP Logged
You took me back to HP days!
Loved it my dear!
Outstanding!

abavi

VarunKiBiwi

IF-Sizzlerz

VarunKiBiwi

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 11:39am | IP Logged
amazing!!!! please do pm me when you update!

abavi

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Oh man it is lovely!!! 

abavi

twila

IF-Dazzler

twila

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 5:25am | IP Logged
You've got some imagination! Most of the people would never have thought about Fred coming back in a portrait! It's lovely! Keep it up. Thumbs Up Do continue and please PM me when u update.

abavi

abavi

IF-Dazzler

abavi

Posted: 26 December 2012 at 1:49am | IP Logged
Thanks so much for your comments, This was one of the one shots and random stuff that I wrote, and Hermione had not been working in this one shot, she was attending hogwarts for her 7th year completion along with Ginny, whereas Harry and Ron - As informed to us by JKR, had been into Auror training as they opted not to attend hogwarts and joined MoM.

so this one will remain a one shot only- But I shall write a continuation to the end of 7th book if you all would like it... nothing much to add spice to it anyhow... because HP series ended with a perfect ending anyone could hope for- All thanks to JKR... But I will try!

Edited by abavi - 26 December 2012 at 1:47am

Cutecj

twila

IF-Dazzler

twila

Posted: 27 December 2012 at 4:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abavi

Thanks so much for your comments, This was one of the one shots and random stuff that I wrote, and Hermione had not been working in this one shot, she was attending hogwarts for her 7th year completion along with Ginny, whereas Harry and Ron - As informed to us by JKR, had been into Auror training as they opted not to attend hogwarts and joined MoM.

so this one will remain a one shot only- But I shall write a continuation to the end of 7th book if you all would like it... nothing much to add spice to it anyhow... because HP series ended with a perfect ending anyone could hope for- All thanks to JKR... But I will try!

Oh, please write a continuation to the end of the 7th book! I would love to read that. Great work on this OS too once again!

abavi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top