Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

varnik

varnik

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 7:39pm | IP Logged

Hello Everyone,

I am Varsha. I stay in Sydney. I have been a silent reader of India Forums for a long time. I came across this forum for love, friendship and I saw many people sharing their stories on this forum so I thought even I should share my love story with you all.

My story started 2 years back in Bangalore. I had just finished my MBA and had joined a company as a Marketing and Advertising Officer. On the joining day I went to my new office 1 hr early as I was under lot of tension and excitement. I was in the lift and the lift door was about close that time I saw a really handsome guy getting into the lift and he almost jumped into the lift and gave cute little smile to me. I was under so much tension that I ignored him and his smile.

There were 4 of us joining that company and at 10 am there was an induction program. Our HR manager introduced us to everyone in the company and we were waiting for our manager to come out of the meeting. When the meeting got over we were taken to our manager's cabin. I was really shocked to see that handsome lift guy as my manager. His name was Nikhil. He spoke to everyone and when my turn came he said "we have already met in the lift" and shook my hand. I felt so bad for ignoring him in the lift and I don't why I told him that "you are too young to be a manager". Everyone including him started laughing. I had imagined a middle aged, bald man as my manager. It was really awkward. I used to avoid him as much as possible. But it was really difficult because during meetings, exhibitions I had to coordinate with him. Other girls in the team had a big time crush on him and they wanted to work with him and my case was exactly opposite.

I think I was getting attracted to him and I didn't want to acknowledge it. I also had inferiority complex as Nikhil was an IIM graduate, good looking, extrovert person and I was a middle class, not very good looking, introvert person. It was becoming really impossible to avoid him. In meetings he used to sit opposite to me or next to me and give sweet little killing smile. He also used to accompany on my company tours. I knew I was falling in love but I didn't want that to happen. I had seen many of friend's love stories and they had gone through hell. I did not want that in my life. I didn't want to hurt my parents in any way as I am their only child.

It was October 6th, 2011 and we were coming back to Bangalore from our company trip to Melbourne. We were on the same flight but I was in economy class and he was in business class.  I was sleeping in my seat and suddenly I felt someone's presence next to me. I opened my eyes and he was sitting next to me. I asked him if everything is fine. He said "no everything is not fine". I asked what the matter was and said "I LOVE YOU". I could not believe it. I didn't know how to react to it and I asked for some time to think over it. I had no reason to reject him because he was from same caste as mine, 2 years older to me, well settled, good looking but I was scared of love marriages. So after thinking for 2 days I told him that I can't accept his proposal and I almost cried while telling this. Nikhil said he knew that I would reject his proposal and said no problem.

Two days later we were supposed to go to our Mumbai office but Nikhil didn't come with me. I felt really bad and I knew it was because of me. I just had one day work there and I flew back to Bangalore same day. When I came home a big surprise was waiting for me. Nikhil had come with his parents to meet my parents with a marriage proposal. I was shocked to see him and immediately my mom took me inside and asked about it. I told her everything. My mom was really angry at me for rejecting such a nice proposal and she said they are more than happy for this proposal. I hugged my mom and started crying so badly. Then Nikhil proposed me in front of everyone. Life was so beautiful. It was so beautiful to fall in love. I couldn't stay without seeing him, speaking to him. My life was so perfect and I was so happy that I have no words to explain it. He used to take care of me like a child. Everything was so damn perfect.

Our wedding got fixed in May 2012. Just 2 weeks before marriage we were going out for wedding shopping. I asked Nikhil to take his car but he took his bike that day. He said bike ride will be very romantic and I said OK. We were on the way n suddenly from nowhere a cyclist came in front of him and Nikhil put sudden break. We both fell down. He fell on the left side n there was a van behind him which came and hit him. That was the last time I saw him. Sometimes I feel that everything is just a dream. Someday I will wake up n he will be sitting next to me trying to wake me up.

It is easy to go through a breakup but not easy to see your love die in front of you. You don't have time to make him understand how much you love him. You want to sit next to him and speak to him but your voice doesn't reach him. In just few hours my entire dreamworld had destroyed. Now cannot even go to that house which would have been mine. Now I am no one for his parents. My friends n relatives were telling that everything happened before marriage which is good otherwise my life would get ruined. If this is good then what is worst? Do you feel something would happen worse than this? If I cry for him they say," how long are you going to cry for him"? Stop crying he was not your husband...

Edited by varnik - 23 December 2012 at 8:11pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

ccbm_loverJayseandazzlerfanWaitForIt-White-Rose.Melody.zan101iluvOriginalsDexterkilailaNinja.--Udhay--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "My love story" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

iluvOriginals

IF-Sizzlerz

iluvOriginals

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Oh sweety... I'm so sorry for wat happend... I had tears in my eyes reading last para.. I had a smile While reading n suddenly..
Oh.. I felt so bad just by knowing this,how u must hav felt.. U must have gone through hell.. It's sad but this is life.. U hav to move on and be happy..
Even nikhil wud hav want u to be happy... So for him move on:)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dazzlerfan

Problem_Child

IF-Sizzlerz

Problem_Child

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 2:49pm | IP Logged

Whoa

am really sry for ur loss,my condolences to you.
Your story seemed so magical nd well like a dream if u ask me.
The last part if i was in that position i'd descibe it as a nightmare or reality bringing me back to earth with a slap on the face.
he's gone,nd ur tears won't bring him bk
i think he would want u to be happy nd move on
yea i know its easier said than done ritee
bt u gotta suck it up somehow nd learn to live with the pain.
Ur family must be fustrated probably becoz they believe ur time of grieving is over.
I say to honor his memory nd cherish the past moments bt its time to let go nd letting go makes us stronger dear.Trust me i had to let go off a lot of things.
Nd don't blame ur fate or say ur life is over
it could have happen to anyone,actually u are nt alone
everyday someone dies nd a person looses their husband,wife,daughter or a son.
seeing someone die with ur own eyes iis nt nice bt u are nt alone
Remember Life is a journey,it gets hard along th way as god tests us.
Ur nt alone,ur breathing,nd alive though u may be scared bt think there maybe another in ur position
nd if i was u i'd live to help them too

Edited by Problem_Child - 24 December 2012 at 2:53pm

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
I'm so so sorry. I don't even know you but your story brought tears to my eyes.  I can't even imagine going through something so painful as that.

But I know that when you go through something like that, nothing anyone will say will make sense to you.  Anytime someone tells you to move on, I bet you think "easier said than done." And I completely agree with you.  Only you know what you're going through

I can, however, tell you something.  There are only two truths of life. 1) Sometimes it seems like life has stopped moving on.  2) It actually never does. 

So don't stop living. I'm sure Nikhil wants you to remember him, but only all the good memories with him.  From everything you wrote, I can sense that he loved a you a lot. Maybe even more than that.  And all he'd want is for you to be happy.  Remember him.  Cherish all the moments you spent together.  Keep him alive in the best of memories.

varnik

varnik

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Thank you all for understanding me and showing sympathy. I can't forget him in my life. He was my first love. I went through hell. I knew I had to start my life again at least for my parents sake. I think they were hurt more than me.

My office had offered me to 2 years project in sydney when i got engaged. I had rejected as i wanted to get married. But now there is no reason to reject it so I came to sydney. Now I am sydney from past 6 months. I am not happy here but at least I am away from that environment where people don't understand love. 

Thank you allSmile

--Udhay--

Problem_Child

IF-Sizzlerz

Problem_Child

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
hey its no problem nd i really hope all the best for u
really again am sry

Jaysean

IF-Dazzler

Jaysean

Posted: 27 December 2012 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
My heart goes out to you. I am sure Nikhil would want you to be happy. He seems like a good guy. Just keep him in your memories always. Please live your life dear. I cried reading your story. I truly truly feel your loss. 

--Udhay--

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
Oh my God, that is so sad. I am so sorry for your loss. HugThat is the worst kind of heartbreak one can go through. I know it will take a long time before you are capable of loving again but please don't be cynical or morose if you can help it. Time heals the worst kind of wounds eventually. If love happens again, accept it. Your Nikhil would want to see you happy and smiling again. 

I am so sorry, this is a terrible tragedy to happen to anyone. Disapprove

--Udhay--

Post Reply New Post

Go to top