Page 38 of 155

Shaina_b

IF-Stunnerz

Shaina_b

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sania_58

Happy with no backing in film industry: Rajeev Khandelwal

IANS Dec 30, 2012, 12.00AM IST

In the Hindi film industry, mostly ruled by the Khans and Kapoors, actor Rajeev Khandelwal is happy that he has been able to make space for himself, without any backing.

He says it is a myth that the film industry is not open to accepting people from outside.

"These are all myths. These are rules made by insecure people... unwritten rules which have led to a perception. I don't think you need to have any kind of backing except your self confidence. Once you believe in yourself, you don't need anything," Rajeev told IANS.

"I don't wish that I had some sort of backing because the fun and the excitement you get (without it) is unparalleled. If things were offered to me on a platter I won't be smiling looking back at my career. There will be ups and downs, but that's what life is about. People should envy you because you charted your own territory," he added.

A successful TV actor thanks to shows like "Kahiin Toh Hoga" and "Left Right Left", Rajeev turned to films with 2008 film "Aamir", and received critical acclaim for his intense performance.

He went on to do films like "Shaitan" and "Soundtrack", and will now be seen in "Table No. 21" with Tena Desae and veteran actor Paresh Rawal.

The film is a thriller, a genre he has already tried. But he admits he doesn't choose his projects based on its genre.

"I just go by my instincts. When I read a script, I see that it should be something which I haven't seen or heard before. This is how I select," he said.

"This film is a thriller, which unveils certain things as the film progresses. But that is not the reason why I picked it up. I don't look at films thinking that these are the kind of films which will work, so I should do them. I go solely by the script," he said.

With more movies joining the Rs.100 crore or even the Rs.200 crore club, Rajeev, who has been part of small or medium budget films, says he is at peace with whatever projects come his way.

"I am satisfied with what I do. If everyone gets into the race, then films like 'Aamir', 'Soundtrack' and 'Shaitan' will not be made. And there are a lot of people who want to watch these films. I don't look at films like business models and I don't want to enter this race," he said.

But the actor feels that since people invest a lot of money in films, they must do well.

"Films must make money as this is an industry where people invest money. But I don't want to be a part of business models where you make a film in a certain manner and release it in a certain manner, just to make money... where we don't look at content and just the collection. I can't overlook the content ever," he said.

I understand his choice of movies!!!!!

No one is asking him to do sensless movies like the ones which are doing 100 crore business nowadays!!!!!LOL

But the movies he does should do moderately well and get appreciated by the audience!!!!!!Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahak Sinha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Meri Saans - RP FC - (Page 38)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Shaina_b

IF-Stunnerz

Shaina_b

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mahak Sinha

Originally posted by Shaina_b

Actually he is not the biggest star on TV but is the show they didn't have much left to show.Tongue They were just pulling and stretching the story and it was better to end rather than stretching unnecessarily.
Smile (this is just my pov no offense)

I know that the story was over!!!!!

But even then they were dragging the show and would have kept dragging it as long as they could!!!!!

Introduction of a new hero would have given a new love story and new storyline!!!!!!

Then why did it end??

This trend has been started by the great Ekta mam and now i think everyone has made it a hobby. I am happy that Barun quit the show and more to that the production house was sensible to stop the show. Smile

I agree with you and even I am happy that it ended!!!!!Smile Smile Smile

But the points I put above were from the point of view of the production house and not the audience!!!!!!!

Mahak Sinha

Shaina_b

IF-Stunnerz

Shaina_b

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 8:40am | IP Logged

That great Madhu, i am agree with u completely Approve

Sujal ka character bahut hi ajeeb dikhaya tha and normally i can never like such man who can be that much stubborn.
Unhappy

Exactly!!!!!!

Mujhe toh unka pair character-wise totally non-compatible lagta tha!!!!!!

Mahak Sinha

Shaina_b

IF-Stunnerz

Shaina_b

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 8:43am | IP Logged

Thanks Shaina.

kyun kaha maine phir se Damini ko iss desh ki beti ban kar janam lene ki liye??

Betiyan mehfus rahe issi liye to yeh saari protest hai.iss liye poora desh lad raha hai.yeh ladai bekar ho jayegi.

agle janam Damini jab Beti ban kar issi desh main paida ho tab hum uske liye ek aisa desh de sake, jaha betiyon ko yeh kismat naa mile.

Tere pankho mein saare sitare jadhu
Teri chunar thanak setha satrangi bhunu
Tere kaajal mein main, kaali raina bharu
Teri mehandi mein main, kachi dhoopa malu
Tere naino sajaa doon naya sapna

O Ri Chiraiya, Meri Chiraiya
                                Angana mein phir aaja re...

It doesn't look like it is going to happen anytime soon!!!!!!

They are giving death penalty to rarest of the rare!!!!!What is the use of that??

When rape is the most common crime now that means the rest of the rapists can live happily as they have been living so far!!!!!!

Being a woman, and that too in this country, is the biggest crime!!!!!!

Mahak Sinha

Shaina_b

IF-Stunnerz

Shaina_b

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 8:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Shaina_b

Rajeev Tena spent their Christmas with the Bangaloreans while promoting Table no.21

Pic Courtesy- Twitter Table no.21 Page

Again both are looking very good!!!!!Clap Clap Clap

But the picture quality is bad!!!!!!

kya karu yaar, yehi pic mili mujhe

bohut search kiya, result zero

so twitter ki iss pic se kaam chala lo.

No yaar!!!!!

I am not blaming you!!!!!!Smile

Thank you for posting this pic!!!!!Smile Smile

I am just saying that the quality is bad, probably due to the lighting!!!!!!

Mahak Sinha

poorvi16

poorvi16

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 11:37am | IP Logged

PartyDancingHugHappy New Year 2013 to all of you my dear friends Clap Clap

Mahak Sinha

Mrsimisam

IF-Sizzlerz

Mrsimisam

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
Happy New Year 2013 to all u lovely people..PartyDancingHug

Mahak Sinha

Shaina_b

IF-Stunnerz

Shaina_b

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 12:21pm | IP Logged

yayy,

Kolkata main kya kharabi hai??????

Raj last time kab Kolkata aaya tha.Deal yaa no deal ki press conference par, uske baad, mujhe to yaad nahin.

That really sounds like a lifetime ago!!!!!!

Mahak Sinha

Post Reply New Post

Go to top