Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vartika07 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: sania_58

Nothing intense about me, says Rajeev Khandelwal

Mumbai: Tena Desae has praised her 'Table No.21' co-star Rajeev Khandelwal for his on-screen intensity, but the latter makes no bones about it. He says the intensity comes only if a character demands it.

"I don't do anything consciously. If the scene needs intensity, then I am focused, committed and hardworking towards it. I don't take it lightly then. But I don't try to be intense consciously," Rajeev said.

"If the scene doesn't demand intensity, why will I be intense... Tena, of course, has been vocal about my intensity, I don't know why," he added.

'Table No.21' releases Jan 4, 2013.

Raj not only Tena, we also feel the same for u so accept that u look intense in such scenes.
😳 😉
sania_58 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Rajeev Khandelwal, Tena Desae, Paresh Rawal launch Table No. 21 music

Fri, 2012-12-21 00:31 ' moviebuff1990

It was an eventful day for the team of Table No. 21 as they launched the music of the film at Radio City. Present at the launch were Aditya Datt, Gajendra Verma, Viki Rajani, Paresh Rawal, Rajeev Khandelwal and Tena Desae.

Table No. 21 had earlier released two songs from the film, 'If You Lie, You Die' and 'Mann Mera'. Both the songs have received great response from the audiences. The music of the film has been composed by Gajendra Verma. The album has a range of song varying from a groovy item number to a soulful romantic one. The trailer of the film too has generated quite a buzz as the film has already became a subject of an intense discussions, and for its spellbinding plot and the surprise package of actor Paresh Rawal's comeback into his well-known villainous avatar.

Directed by Aditya Datt, this high-concept movie was entirely shot at the striking Fiji Islands, and is a twisted tale of a mysterious mystery. Presented by Eros International and produced by Next Gen Films, 'Table No. 21' is scheduled to release on the 4th of January, 2013.

Edited by sania_58 - 11 years ago
Vartika07 thumbnail

I am dying to do an epic romance: Rajeev Khandelwal

Published: Friday, Nov 30, 2012, 9:06 IST
By Chaya Unnikrishnan | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Rajeev Khandelwal, who's been missing in action for a while, is gearing up for the release of his upcoming film Table No 21. The film's trailer is out and the actor is excited with the response it's been garnering. "It will be a shocker for the audience. It's a film where I play a game with Paresh Rawal without realising its consequences," he shares. Any talk about it being similar to Indecent Proposal is dismissed with, "I am enjoying such comments because people will realise it is different. The film has a lot of depth," says Rajeev, who did several workshops to get the look right. He's lost three kilos for the film and now plans to keep it that way. Table No 21 will be the first release of 2013 and Rajeev is hoping it will prove to be a good start. So far, it's been a mixed bag for the actor who has had four releases. While his debut film Aamir fetched him rave reviews, Soundtrack, that had him playing a deaf DJ was critically acclaimed and Shaitaan where he played a tough cop found favour with critics and audiences. However, his one attempt at masala fare Will You Marry Me?, ended up being a damp squib at the BO. "It was badly released and delayed by a year," defends Rajeev.

The TV heartthrob also did a Tanuja Chandra film Raakh, which is yet to see the light of the day. "It's a very good film but I don't know what happened. It's in the realm of supernatural but not a horror film," says Rajeev, who was to do a couple of other films like Joker (with Prachi Desai) and Fever, but they are yet to take off. "It's important to work with people who have the ability to visualise a film the way you see it. Some projects were wonderful at the script level and I immediately said yes, but now I am going to be very careful. When you are working with new people, their first reaction when you sign the film is to announce it. When it doesn't take off, it is disturbing," explains Rajeev, who has now shortlisted a film with a big banner but is wary about announcing it.

Interestingly, the actor, despite his romantic image courtesy his role as the loverboy Sujal (Kaahin Toh Hoga), is yet to serenade a girl on the big screen. "It's so ironical ' I was this romantic guy of TV and I chose to shatter that. Now, after the whole image shift, I am dying to do an epic romance," says the actor. What is stopping him? "I don't want to do a typical done-to-death love story. I want to do a Heer Ranjha, Romeo Juliet, Jab We Met kind of a film with a soul, which will straight go to the library," he smiles. Hope filmmakers are tuned in!

Obviously we are waiting for our hot star to do a die hard romantic and intense movie.
😳

Vartika07 thumbnail

Rajeev Khandelwal, Tena Desae, Paresh Rawal launch Table No. 21 music

Fri, 2012-12-21 00:31 ' moviebuff1990

It was an eventful day for the team of Table No. 21 as they launched the music of the film at Radio City. Present at the launch were Aditya Datt, Gajendra Verma, Viki Rajani, Paresh Rawal, Rajeev Khandelwal and Tena Desae.

Table No. 21 had earlier released two songs from the film, 'If You Lie, You Die' and 'Mann Mera'. Both the songs have received great response from the audiences. The music of the film has been composed by Gajendra Verma. The album has a range of song varying from a groovy item number to a soulful romantic one. The trailer of the film too has generated quite a buzz as the film has already became a subject of an intense discussions, and for its spellbinding plot and the surprise package of actor Paresh Rawal's comeback into his well-known villainous avatar.

Directed by Aditya Datt, this high-concept movie was entirely shot at the striking Fiji Islands, and is a twisted tale of a mysterious mystery. Presented by Eros International and produced by Next Gen Films, 'Table No. 21' is scheduled to release on the 4th of January, 2013.

This should be the perfect way of promotion.👏 I am happy that this time Rajeev and his team related to the movie is taking some serious steps for promotion. 😊I like Man mera song as well.
😃
sania_58 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Pics Of Table no.21 Music Launch

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/music-launch/rajeev-khandelwal-tena-desae-paresh-rawal-launch-table-no-21-music
Vartika07 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaina_b

The serial mourners for serial quitters

Nov 29, 2012, 12.00AM IST TNN[ Kashika Saxena ]

Amar Upadhyay
We're a newspaper, so our phones ring all day, and usually nobody thinks twice about it.

Much before Rajeev Khandelwal was the host of the scandalous Sach Ka Saamna or the lead in the film Aamir, he was Sujal in Kahiin To Hoga, and almost every girl in the country wanted to marry him. His onscreen chemistry with Aamna Sharif was so powerful that fans wanted them to get together in real life too. But Rajeev wanted to work in films, and left the show to do just that amid rumours of trouble between him and producer Ekta Kapoor. His replacement, Gurdeep Singh, was never given a chance by fans, and the show wrapped up soon after.

Link :

I don't like this KTH topic every time but yes i agree that replacements hardly work for a show.
😕
Vartika07 thumbnail

Big icons of small screen!

Somashukla Sinha Walunjkar, TNN Jun 25, 2012, 01.28PM IST
Tags:
    Rajeev Khandelwal| Pankaj Kapoor| Mukesh Khanna| Karan Wahi| Karan Singh Grover| Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon| Harshad Chopra| Gurmeet Chaudhry| Geet Hui Sabse Parayi| Dill Mill Gayye| Deven Bhojani| Barun Sobti| Amarr Upadhyay|
  • Amar Upadhyay

That television in India is no longer 'small screen' is a fact that's almost accepted. So it comes as no surprise when some soapbox characters assume larger than life proportions and become part of the viewers' lives. In fact, the viewer connects so strongly to the character that the actor playing that role becomes incidental. The boundary lines merge and when the actor stops being himself/herself and becomes the character is sometimes difficult to say. Prime time television shows can boast of some truly memorable characters who have and continue to hold a special place in viewers' hearts. Here's a quick look at the top 10 all time top favorite male characters who've made the viewers smile, made hearts beat faster every time they've walked into the screen and looked at their audiences.

Shaktimaan (played by Mukesh Khanna) in Shaktimaan: Indian telly's first superhero who inspired an entire generation of kids, often making them take on daredevil acts) and not so young to watch his various capers to save the world from evil. If f he was a poor copy of Superman, then no one noticed really, because he had the audiences hooked in an age when TRPs didn't dictate viewership patterns!

Karamchand (played by Pankaj Kapoor) of Karamchand: A televised copy of Agatha Christie's Hercules Poirot, Pankaj Kapoor was the bumbling, carrot-chewing private eye whose impassive face was deceptive, but his mind razor sharp. Okay, he had no kick ass scenes, but here was the first thriller series with a comic touch that made Kapoor immensely popular, especially with his famous oneliner, Shut up Kitty! It's another matter that when the show was revived with a fresh starcast and an older Kapoor, it had no takers.. Magic can't be recreated.

Mihir Virani (played by Amarr Upadhyay) of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi:Yes, Mihir was truly the first hero who sent the nation (the televiewing part of it) in a tizzy when he 'died'. Amar Upadhyay became TV's biggest star there after, and after zillions of frantic fanmails later when he returned from the dead, the audiences sent prayers to the divine and Ekta Kapoor. The ideal son, doting husband and charming lover, Mihir was a fave for a year, until his character was played by two other stars. But neither could take it to the highs that Amarr had done.

Sujal Grewal (played by Rajeev Khandelwal) of Kahin To Hoga: Tall, dark handsome and rich. Sujal Grewal was the first Mills & Boonish hero who stole hearts with a hint of a smile. Rajeev Khandelwal became the first telly heartthrob of thousands of nubile hearts. Even though it was aired at a late night band (11 pm), Sujal became a household favourite almost instantly. Or rather Rajeev made him one, because once he quit the show, the replacement actor got reduced to being just a screen name!

Ranveer Sisdodia (played by Karan Wahi) of Remix: High school boys don't usually have an entire show dedicated to them. But Ranveer Sisodia was the first teenage heartthrob to find space on prime time TV for himself and built a fanbase that was enviable. Mint fresh good looks and a cute smile gave Remix great viewership, even on a niche channel like Star One.

Gattu (played by Deven Bhojani) of Baa Bahu Aur Baby: Well, he wasn't really heartthrob material, but Deven Bhojani as the affable, chubby, childlike Gattu made a firm place for himself in people's hearts. He made people smile through their tears and for a little while even a comedy series had audiences! Pity the second season of the show couldn't whip up enough TRPs despite Gattu's charm.

Armaan Mallik (played by Karan Singh Grover) of Dill Mill Gayye: The dimpled dil ka doctor was an instant hit when he flaunted his basketball playing skills in a medical show. Karan's countless shower scenes, a knowing twinkle in his eyes, fab abs, the ability to hold his co-stars in his arms, and a smile to die for made him a huge teenage icon in 2007 and kept the show on top on the channel it aired on. Even one and half year after the show's off air, there are demands for a second season with Karan Singh Grover in lead of course!

Prem Joneja (played by Harshad Chopra) of Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil: Harshad Chopra as the tycoon with a heart was just what made Prem Joneja, the perfect husband, son and brother material on screen.

Maan Singh Khurana (played by Gurmeet Chaudhry) of Geet Hui Sabse Parayi:After playing Lord Ram, Gurmeet hit the jackpot when he signed in as Maan Singh Khurana, the unsmiling biz tycoon who finds love in the arms of a bubbly teenager. The fiery on screen rapport that Gurmeet shared with his co-star Dhrasti Dhami made him telly's favourite hottie and his kick-boxing scenes and the ability to catch the falling heroine in his arms made him very popular.

Arnav Singh Raizada (played by Barun Sobti) of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?: He's prime time TV's first anti-hero who's got everything that makes him the ultimate hero. The perpetually angry, Bluetooth bearing Harvard returned tycoon who doesn't have a heart is completely smitten with a spunky beauty from Lucknow. Barun might not have been first choice for the role, but he has taken the role and the show to new TRP highs and has ensured that he's inching closer to the TV numero uno tag. As for Arnav, he's the kind of guy, whose totally droorl worthy even when he's sporting a dirty ganji and lies helpless in the baddies' den!

Link :

True and i agree that it's only said small screen but actually it's a s big as we think.  I love mostly all the characters here except a few. They are really the legends for TV unforgettable ones. 😳
Vartika07 thumbnail

Barun Sobti quit Iss Pyaar ko Kya Naam Doon and the show went off air!!!!!

Does that mean he is the biggest star on television now??

Rajeev, in his days, had quit not one but two shows but none of them had gone off air!!!!!!

So was he not a big star??

Or did we as his fans not try enough??

Actually he is not the biggest star on TV but is the show they didn't have much left to show.😛 They were just pulling and stretching the story and it was better to end rather than stretching unnecessarily.
😊 (this is just my pov no offense)
Vartika07 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ronojoy_ria

di we also tried a lot but it depends upon the production house who  took a wise decission to wind up the show rather to cont it with any replacement 

But i am happy that they finished the show on a positive note without stretching the story.
😊