Chat Clubs

Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 41)

Post Reply New Post

Page 41 of 47

bhakti2

Goldie

bhakti2

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
@Zorica - 

"Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is."   I have been thinking on this for two days!  Please, what do you think he means by this?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

applenpeaches

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 41)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Zorica_Bgd

Goldie

Zorica_Bgd

Posted: 04 March 2013 at 3:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhakti2

@Zorica - 

"Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is."   I have been thinking on this for two days!  Please, what do you think he means by this?

Bhakti,

It's a philosophy, It forces you to constantly think about it. D'oh
This is a quote from "The Rebel." I liked the quote, and in my opinion means that we continually strive to be what we are not, we have often unrealistic dreams, not to see what is really, in fact we often shut our eyes in front of truth. It's good to strive to be better, but every extremity, including any over-ambition does not lead to anything good. All this prevents us from seeing the good in ourselves, and it prevents us to know God.
It is my view, and you can interpret it differently. Smile

Edited by zorica - 04 March 2013 at 3:22am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bhakti2applenpeaches0-SD-0

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 04 March 2013 at 5:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorica

@Zorica - 

Bhakti,

It's a philosophy, It forces you to constantly think about it. D'oh
This is a quote from "The Rebel." I liked the quote, and in my opinion means that we continually strive to be what we are not, we have often unrealistic dreams, not to see what is really, in fact we often shut our eyes in front of truth. It's good to strive to be better, but every extremity, including any over-ambition does not lead to anything good. All this prevents us from seeing the good in ourselves, and it prevents us to know God.
It is my view, and you can interpret it differently. Smile

True.

The opposite is also true.
As in a naturalist would say...Man is an animal and he refuses to believe that he is one and hence the complex structures/thoughts around him.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

apolloartemisbhakti2vaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 10:13am | IP Logged

@Zorica - 

Can I put in my 2 cents here? I don't know why, but this quote reminded me of another:
Oscar Wilde (a playwrite): "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."
I think the quote kinda goes with the one above. In the sense, that we, as humans, are always trying to deceive ourselves to some degree. That is why the pursuit of realization is considered a path that treads the edge of a razor. Hurtful, but necessary.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Zorica_Bgdbhakti2applenpeaches0-SD-0

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Random thought based on the IF
VD, in my opinion, has gained a bit of weight- its actually quite distracting, so I'm hoping its addressed, as in he starts working on his body soon. Hopefully his wife can point that out. But it got me to thinking:
But in general, how much right, do we have, as fans to expect things from actors? Where, in your opinion, fellow chat members, is the line?
Is it wrong for me to want VD to exercise? To give me passionate, toe-curling scenes with DD? Or is it my right as a person watching this show?
What do you guys think?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

applenpeaches0-SD-0

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by apolloartemis

Random thought based on the IF
VD, in my opinion, has gained a bit of weight- its actually quite distracting, so I'm hoping its addressed, as in he starts working on his body soon. Hopefully his wife can point that out. But it got me to thinking:
But in general, how much right, do we have, as fans to expect things from actors? Where, in your opinion, fellow chat members, is the line?
Is it wrong for me to want VD to exercise? To give me passionate, toe-curling scenes with DD? Or is it my right as a person watching this show?
What do you guys think?

If you heard his live chat, he said he wished he had time for football and gym. He says his day starts at 7:00 AM and after traffic has to be at the sets. And gym means getting up at 5:00 AM and all...his constant shoot times are not giving him time for exercise. I forgot the time he mentioned as to when he reaches home.

Basically, he said, the shoot pretty much takes his time.

Comparitively there is Siddharth Shukla (Shiv of BV). He likes to go to Gym everyday. But have you seen his role in BV, its not at all strenuous role as VD's character is. VD as RK needs to understand his scene, maintain the ambiguity of expression (leaves room for imagination per the CVs), yet give certain emotional response and it does take his energy with those shoutings.

And yes...Siddharth is not married so he can go to gym after work, but VD has to be home because he is married now.

There is this other guy, Kushal Tandon. He was in good shape. But soon he put on weight when EHMMBH ran into months. Its really lucky for one if their body does not put on weight like DD's. She doesn't exercise and yet she has flat belly. Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

apolloartemisvaani21applenpeaches

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 1:26am | IP Logged
Shri, I understand what you are saying with regards to time, and I sympathize with VD. But when it gets distracting then its time to do something about it. A big part of the role is physical appeal, and if in a wide shot I have to keep my eyes above his chest then it can a bit of a problem you know?
Not that its a huge deal, but its a little annoyance.
DD is lucky- I have to maintain a diet and exercise and I still look nothing like her!Wink

applenpeaches0-SD-0

applenpeaches

IF-Dazzler

applenpeaches

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by apolloartemis

Shri, I understand what you are saying with regards to time, and I sympathize with VD. But when it gets distracting then its time to do something about it. A big part of the role is physical appeal, and if in a wide shot I have to keep my eyes above his chest then it can a bit of a problem you know?
Not that its a huge deal, but its a little annoyance.
DD is lucky- I have to maintain a diet and exercise and I still look nothing like her!Wink

I second that. The first thought that crossed my mind when I first saw him was that he isnt physically fit for his role. I remember Salman Khan saying that he spends an hour daily in the gym after his shooting to maintain his physique. He also says its not easy, but he even if he comes home late from shoot, he doesnt miss his excercise. Maybe VD should take his advice. After all this is his chosen career. 

apolloartemis0-SD-0

Post Reply New Post

Go to top