Chat Clubs

Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 33)

Post Reply New Post

Page 33 of 47

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Zorica- in terms of films, two I would recommend are fairly recent: Rang de Basanti, and 3 idiots. Both look at problems within Indian society, and are beautiful.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetDZorica_Bgdbhakti20-SD-0

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 33)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Zorica_Bgd

Goldie

Zorica_Bgd

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by apolloartemis

Zorica- in terms of films, two I would recommend are fairly recent: Rang de Basanti, and 3 idiots. Both look at problems within Indian society, and are beautiful.

Saana,

Great, thank you! I will enjoy!  Big smile  Hug

And yes, my ascendant is in Gemini!  Wink

Edited by zorica - 07 February 2013 at 1:54pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetD0-SD-0

PreetD

PreetD

Posted: 09 February 2013 at 10:40pm | IP Logged

making a quick appearance and starting my reading on the last page of the thread and butting into a conversation here but I'd like to second both these recommendations.. One of my friends, who's Irish, absolutely LOVES 3 Idiots and he actually discovered it on his own.

Zorica_Bgd0-SD-0

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 10 February 2013 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Ok, I'm going to talk a little about the portrayal of women in media in general, and MEIEJ in particular.
What is with these torture women tracks in serials?! Can't the writers find something, anything that does not involve their female leads becoming emotionally manipulated, abused, and hurt by the male leads? I don't mind if its from outside sources- that is drama and you need to generate it in some way. but when it comes from a relationship, especially with a person the serial tells/shows you the female lead loves/trusts/believes in, then its just...
I'm upset partly because MEIEJ, which has been unique thus far, went there in the first place. I am even more upset because the CV's will come up with some reason, Madhu will forgive RK eventually and go back to him. Even if the whole love track is true, it does not negate the fact that RK is emotionally torturing Madhu. yes what these cv's show young girls is that behavior from your significant other like this is ok, because he's emotionally tortured too.
It's not just a problem with Indian Tv. So many American shows (Gossip girl, Vampire diaries) are about male leads who control, emotionally manipulate/abuse, the female leads and other girls. And its shown to be okay- because a) they have good reasons, and b) they are bad boys.
It's not ok. And I hate that a show I loved actually went there. i don't care what the justification is. I'll continue to watch it, don't get me wrong, but the shine is off now.
Just dislike so much that in general, writing for women and about women on tv is so horrendous. It just sends out the wrong message to young, impressionable girls, watching these shows.
Sorry for the rant guys, please don't mind!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Zorica_Bgdsurabikt250-SD-0

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 6:26am | IP Logged

Ok, I'm going to talk a little about the portrayal of women in media in general, and MEIEJ in particular.
What is with these torture women tracks in serials?! Can't the writers find something, anything that does not involve their female leads becoming emotionally manipulated, abused, and hurt by the male leads? I don't mind if its from outside sources- that is drama and you need to generate it in some way. but when it comes from a relationship, especially with a person the serial tells/shows you the female lead loves/trusts/believes in, then its just...
I'm upset partly because MEIEJ, which has been unique thus far, went there in the first place. I am even more upset because the CV's will come up with some reason, Madhu will forgive RK eventually and go back to him. Even if the whole love track is true, it does not negate the fact that RK is emotionally torturing Madhu. yes what these cv's show young girls is that behavior from your significant other like this is ok, because he's emotionally tortured too.
It's not just a problem with Indian Tv. So many American shows (Gossip girl, Vampire diaries) are about male leads who control, emotionally manipulate/abuse, the female leads and other girls. And its shown to be okay- because a) they have good reasons, and b) they are bad boys.
It's not ok. And I hate that a show I loved actually went there. i don't care what the justification is. I'll continue to watch it, don't get me wrong, but the shine is off now.
Just dislike so much that in general, writing for women and about women on tv is so horrendous. It just sends out the wrong message to young, impressionable girls, watching these shows.

Sanaa,

I have the answer...but last night as I thought about it...I felt instead of telling you why it is so, I would like us to go into deductive reasoning. But for that, I will ask you to step into Inductive reasoning shoes.

Now tell me...how would you like a SuperStar RK to be madly in love with Madhu and Madhu just turns out be callously using him...Basically A Madhu who is WANTON in spirit like Cathy of East of Eden.  

Just imagine the reversed scenario ...and see how it feels
1) Emotionally you will have an answer
2) Assess the Creative Vehicle under which you will want to present it
3) Juxtapose with its Commercial Viability over the Creative Presentation of that.

I have real life stories to back myself up...but I want you to use ur imagination.

Another thing that I wanted to spell out - ADDICTIVE EMOTIONS
pleasure is easy to understand and get attracted to...by and large...but the reverse is also true...Pain though difficult to understand, many love to wallow in Pain, Misery. For ex: I cannot have too much fun nor too much pain and I like to be in harmony with flowing thoughts like flowing water...but some like Stagnant water...stagnant emotions...ex: Look at fans of Rishbala...LOve Story...for how many months...and now mourning the death for how many days...

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 February 2013 at 10:25am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Zorica_Bgd

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 7:19am | IP Logged
Hey All,

An announcement.

Kodai will be joining us soon. I sent her an Invite.

SD

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Zorica_Bgd

surabi

Goldie

surabi

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 8:18am | IP Logged
hi all, i am so depressed. i don't have the guts to watch all this.Cry. Hope things get clearer soon. Whatever be the reason, I cant stand people getting humiliated and later showing some reason for it...can't bear it!Ouch

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Sanaa,

I have the answer...but last night as I thought about it...I felt instead of telling you why it is so, I would like us to go into deductive reasoning. But for that, I will ask you to step into Inductive reasoning shoes.

Now tell me...how would you like a SuperStar RK to be madly in love with Madhu and Madhu just turns out be callously using him...Basically A Madhu who is WANTON in spirit like Cathy of East of Eden.  

Just imagine the reversed scenario ...and see how it feels
1) Emotionally you will have an answer
2) Assess the Creative Vehicle under which you will want to present it
3) Juxtapose with its Commercial Viability over the Creative Presentation of that.

I have real life stories to back myself up...but I want you to use ur imagination.

Another thing that I wanted to spell out - ADDICTIVE EMOTIONS
pleasure is easy to understand and get attracted to...by and large...but the reverse is also true...Pain though difficult to understand, many love to wallow in Pain, Misery. For ex: I cannot have too much fun nor too much pain and I like to be in harmony with flowing thoughts like flowing water...but some like Stagnant water...stagnant emotions...ex: Look at fans of Rishbala...LOve Story...for how many months...and now mourning the death for how many days...
Shri, 
I think I can see your point. And you are right, unlike us, people in general like the turbulence of emotionsLOL
I still don't see the appeal of the "bad" boy though...
Just another example of double standards, I think,, that we have to live with.

Zorica_Bgd0-SD-0

Post Reply New Post

Go to top