Chat Clubs

Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 32)

Post Reply New Post

Page 32 of 47

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorica

Bhakti,

Are you the Gemini (or Sagitarius) in the horoscope?
It's nice that you ask so many questions. Only the curious remain young all his life, and they learn throughout life. I knew you explore Belgrade alone, and I'm glad about that. You are an excellent student! Thumbs Up

I am a Serb living in Serbia and I speak Serbian language! Our official alphabet is Cyrillic, but at the same time we learned the Latin alphabet. Because of various nations and nationalities living here.
My religion is Orthodox (as the Russians and Greeks).

In my country lives: Romanians, Hungarians, Russians, Croats, Albanians, and many other nations.
Regarding our history, we are at the crossroads of East and West, and it's not fortunate circumstance when politics become involved, not to mention of the wars.

Do we experience the rivers as if they holy?
People in Europe do not think that the rivers are holy. Observe it from a materialistic point of view.
Will there be enough water for consumption, whether it be a flood, and something similar.
You saw the video, one of Belgrade, there is a small church in the fortress, it has a source of water, and people come to drink the water, or to carry water home. Water from this source is considered to be sacred. That it has miraculous and curative effect. That's how we individually, some water sources consider holy, and do not experience the rivers as you experience them.

Here you can read about the artificial lake:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_Ciganlija

See the movie that I recommend to you in the post for Shri. Star

I listen this all day long, look! Big smile
From the movie Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge

Mehandi Laga Ke Rakhna
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NhoeyoR_XA

Zorica, so nice to see you enjoying hindi songs! That one is one of my personal faves.
You do horoscopes right? I'm a Gemini, though my sister who is also a gemini says I'm nothing like the traditional gemini's.LOL But then i come here and feel very social.
The craziness of the forum today- this is why I should not get so invested in a tv show. I watch MEIEJ to escape stress, and now its going to give me ulcers. Great!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bhakti2Zorica_Bgd

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 32)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bhakti2

Goldie

bhakti2

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by apolloartemis

Originally posted by zorica

Bhakti,

Are you the Gemini (or Sagitarius) in the horoscope?
It's nice that you ask so many questions. Only the curious remain young all his life, and they learn throughout life. I knew you explore Belgrade alone, and I'm glad about that. You are an excellent student! Thumbs Up

I am a Serb living in Serbia and I speak Serbian language! Our official alphabet is Cyrillic, but at the same time we learned the Latin alphabet. Because of various nations and nationalities living here.
My religion is Orthodox (as the Russians and Greeks).

In my country lives: Romanians, Hungarians, Russians, Croats, Albanians, and many other nations.
Regarding our history, we are at the crossroads of East and West, and it's not fortunate circumstance when politics become involved, not to mention of the wars.

Do we experience the rivers as if they holy?
People in Europe do not think that the rivers are holy. Observe it from a materialistic point of view.
Will there be enough water for consumption, whether it be a flood, and something similar.
You saw the video, one of Belgrade, there is a small church in the fortress, it has a source of water, and people come to drink the water, or to carry water home. Water from this source is considered to be sacred. That it has miraculous and curative effect. That's how we individually, some water sources consider holy, and do not experience the rivers as you experience them.

Here you can read about the artificial lake:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_Ciganlija

See the movie that I recommend to you in the post for Shri. Star

I listen this all day long, look! Big smile
From the movie Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge

Mehandi Laga Ke Rakhna
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NhoeyoR_XA

Zorica, so nice to see you enjoying hindi songs! That one is one of my personal faves.
You do horoscopes right? I'm a Gemini, though my sister who is also a gemini says I'm nothing like the traditional gemini's.LOL But then i come here and feel very social.
The craziness of the forum today- this is why I should not get so invested in a tv show. I watch MEIEJ to escape stress, and now its going to give me ulcers. Great!

Actually, AA, I am feeling like you.  I could not even reply in the ED today for feeling sad about everyone's frantic predictions.  It seems unbelievable the CV's would choose such a cruel twist in the track, especially after there was so much tamasha surrounding RK saving everyone's life, etc.  Is anyone such a seamless mastermind as to do all he has done and then revert to evil?  He would be madder than BSC, in that case.  Khair - I am so weak of heart - I like to follow the story for diversion, but there is enough actual tension in actual life that I become sad when it is there in such quantity onscreen as well.  I guess you could say I am a media wimp! In our own lives, we have a lot of sorrow.  For those we become attached to in fiction - it is nice when things go well for them; we cry with the when things go wrong as our empathy is activated...but it is just strange and dissonant when one we have been crying with turns out to be evil himself.  I hope this won't be the case, but the CV's have a funny way of never ever asking me what I think before they write something!LOL

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 4:14am | IP Logged
Bhakti,
My point exactly. We watch TV to get away from our woes- its a form of escape. Yes, we like drama, yes we like action, but at the end of the day, we like a story that makes narrative sense, and where two people come together.
If they do make RK evil, I don't think I'll be able to cheer for him and Madhu to come together again. So I hope they don't do that. Like Leela I'm clinging to the fact that another show did something similar, but it was all red herrings. I'm also clinging to the fact the ST tweeted a big twist and then they showed the promo- if it's such a big twist, then how come it is so easy to see through? Know what I mean?
Anyway, if MEIEJ does go this way, I'll just end up writing my fics, and chatting with you guys.
Atleast, RK and Madhu won't be dead, like the previous couples I liked in showsLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bhakti2

bhakti2

Goldie

bhakti2

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by himbin

Originally posted by bhakti2

I am trying to expose my little son (he will be two years in February) to the idea that people in the world have all different ways of doing and thinking things.  We go quite often to the mandir, but I have taken him also to masjid, the gurdwara, the church - also given him different types of music to hear and different stories from other parts of the world.  The one thing I am most afraid of doing is raising children who think there is only one way to think or do.  This seems to be the very poison of our world.

Bhakti,

You amaze me with your clarity and superior thinking ...@bold...so very true...Thinking their way 
alone as right,their god,their country,their culture,customs,way of life alone as right is indeed the poison of our world...Your children are lucky to have you as their mom...All parents love their kids...many impose their beliefs on them out of this love but,only a few open their minds and broaden their personalities that could allow,tolerate and accept many different perspectives...you are an inspiration Clap...I feel many times it gets even harder to consider the 'other thought' if one is more educated...There is a danger of declaring the people around as being outdated and narrow minded without looking through and understanding what and where they are coming from  ...'Prejudice' is a very tricky notion to overcome for anyone...literate-illeterate,rich or poor...Is it not..?? This discussion is reminding me of 'Life of Pie' wherein the boy visits all different places of faith and decides to follow all of them...The movie also presents a scientific mind through his father who is an atheist and believes only in logic...I didn't read the book..Probably it had more detail than what could be depicted in the movie...what I loved in the story is how the boy retains his soul,a humble,loving one intact through all his trial and tribulations to survive...that too with a carnivorous mammal as companion...very interesting,positive movie with a lot to interpret and introspect

Hi, everyone!  I came here after reading for two days all the head-spinning halachal in the MEIEJ world.  After a while considering all the strange angles everyone was discussing I finally withdrew in a state of confusion and decided ki, "Bhakti, do something with your brain. If they have decided to turn this man (RK) evil, what will you do about it? Ab pachhtaaye hote kya, jab chidiya chug gayi khet?"  So I have distracted myself by rereading "Life of Pi" again.  Once more the most vivid scene for me was at the end, when Richard Parker (the tiger) is on the verge of reentering the jungle, and Pi is watching him, waiting for him to turn, to meet his eye, to acknowledge in some way the transcendental experience they have shared.  And the tiger does none of these things, but just enters the jungle at a lope, never even glancing back.

The janvar is of this world, the human is of and is not of this world. Our analysing minds cause us as much pain as joy, as we dwell in separation from the general ways of nature and instinct. 

I thought about this as I glanced back on all the analysis.  Arrey yaaron, we are fated to twist ourselves into knots and wring our hands over what will happen, what will happen - whether in tellyland or in real life.  How do those monks do it who, in their deep tapasya, manage to live so fully in the present moment?  Rereading the passage in "Pi", I felt envious of the tiger who, without a second thought, melts seamlessly back into the world. And here I am, one foolish small Bhakti in the middle of nowhere, worrying about a fictional girl about to be hurt by a fictional man.  Haiii.Confused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

apolloartemisZorica_BgdSoundarya22

bhakti2

Goldie

bhakti2

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Uff - sorry Zorica!  I was thinking in a stream of consciousness and fell into Hindi!  "Ab pachhtaye hot kya jab chidiya chug gayi khet?" in English means, "what good is lamenting now once the bird has eaten all the field (the harvest)?"  I think there is an English proverb which is similar, saying that there is no use to cry over spilled milk.   Bu what the Serbian proverb is, this you must tell us!LOL

Zorica_Bgd

Zorica_Bgd

Goldie

Zorica_Bgd

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 12:16pm | IP Logged

Uff - sorry Zorica!  I was thinking in a stream of consciousness and fell into Hindi!  "Ab pachhtaye hot kya jab chidiya chug gayi khet?" in English means, "what good is lamenting now once the bird has eaten all the field (the harvest)?"  I think there is an English proverb which is similar, saying that there is no use to cry over spilled milk.   Bu what the Serbian proverb is, this you must tell us!LOL

The same: No use to cry over spilled milk! SmileWink

bhakti2

Soundarya22

IF-Dazzler

Soundarya22

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 6:18am | IP Logged

. And here I am, one foolish small Bhakti in the middle of nowhere, worrying about a fictional girl about to be hurt by a fictional man.  Haiii.Confused

@ bold - Very true. I am also feeling foolish, but somehow this serial is addictive. 
At least till I reach my tolerance limit. Prob is I have a high tolerance threshold. LOL

Ok, there is this movie called Love Aaj Kal..starring Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone, which begins with a break up. A couple decides to break up  because they think the relationship has reached its peak. the movie then moves onto how they both miss each other, refuse to admit they love each other, have commitment issues...and finally do get back together!! Quite a different movie. There 's this song where they actually celebrate breaking up...this is the song I'm posting with lyrics and english translation for Zorica. It's called Chor Bazaari.

Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3tMA4elPAk

chori bazari do naino ki, pehle thi aadat jo hat gayi
(the habit of stealing glances, of both of us is gone now')
pyaar ki jo teri meri, umar aayi thi woh kat gayi
(the age of love which dawned on us, is over for good now')
duniya ki toh fikar kaha thi, teri bhi ab chinta ghat gayi
(I never cared 'bout this world, now it's the same for you too')

tu bhi tu hai, main bhi main hoon
(you are the same you, I am the same myself')
duniya saari dekh ulat gayi
(but seems like the whole world's upside down')
tu na jaane main na jaanu
(neither you know, nor do I')
kaise saari baat palat gayi
(how all this turned over')

ghatni hi thi yeh bhi ghatna,
(seems like all this had to happen')
ghatte ghatte lo yeh ghat gayi
(and with time, it finally has')

haan' chor bazari do naino ki, pehle thi aadat jo hat gayi

tareef teri karna haan'
(praising you all the time')
tujhe khone se darna haan'
(fearing losing you')
haan.. bhool gaya ab, tujhpe din mein char dafaa marna
(I have given up falling for you all throughout the day')

tareef teri karna haan'
tujhe khone se darna haan'.
haan.. bhool gaya ab
tujhpe din mein char dafaa marna

pyaar bimari, utree saari
(the fever of love, is down and out totally')
waadon ki badli bhi chhat gayi
(and the clouds of promises have cleared')
hum se main pe aayi aise
(from 'we' back to 'I' was a so quick')
mujhko toh main hi main ratt gayi
(I can't think beyond myself now')
ek huey they do se dono,
(we became one from two')
dono ki ab rahein bant gayi
(and the two of us have separate paths now')

ab koi fikar nahi
(there are no worries now')
gham ka bhi zikar nahi
(no ounce of gloom exists too')
haan'
hota hoon main jis raste pe, aaye khushi wahin'.
(whichever way I take now, happiness follows')
azaad hoon main tujhse
(I am free from yuo now')
azad hai tu mujhse
(you too are free from me now')
jo bhi chahe jaise chahe, kar le aaj yahin
(whatever way you wish, do it right here right now)

laaj sharam ki, choti moti
(of those little apprehensions in love')
jo thi dori woh bhi kat gayi
('the strings attached are cut for good now')

chowk choubare gali mohalle
(all lanes, all crossroads, everywhere')
khol ke main saare ghoonghat gayee
('I went to, without any fear of anyone')
tu na badli main na badla
(neither you changed, nor did I')
delhi saari dekh badal gayi
(but the whole of Delhi just did')

ek ghoont mein duniya dari
(in a gulp of these worldly ways')
ki main saari samajh nigal gayi
(I got it all, how it works' )
haan..
rang biranga paani peeke
(by drinking 'colored' water')
seedhi saadi kudi bigaad gayi
(a simple straight girl lost herself')
dekh ke mujhko hasta gaata
(by looking at me all laughing, singing')
sad gayi yeh duniya sad gayi
(thie world fumed with jealousy')

Edited by Soundarya22 - 07 February 2013 at 6:13am

Zorica_Bgd

Zorica_Bgd

Goldie

Zorica_Bgd

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Soundarya22

. And here I am, one foolish small Bhakti in the middle of nowhere, worrying about a fictional girl about to be hurt by a fictional man.  Haiii.Confused

@ bold - Very true. I am also feeling foolish, but somehow this serial is addictive. 
At least till I reach my tolerance limit. Prob is I have a high tolerance threshold. LOL

Ok, there is this movie called Love Aaj Kal..starring Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone, which begins with a break up. A couple decides to break up  because they think the relationship has reached its peak. the movie then moves onto how they both miss each other, refuse to admit they love each other, have commitment issues...and finally do get back together!! Quite a different movie. There 's this song where they actually celebrate breaking up...this is the song I'm posting with lyrics and english translation for Zorica. It's called Chor Bazaari.

Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3tMA4elPAk

chori bazari do naino ki, pehle thi aadat jo hat gayi
(the habit of stealing glances, of both of us is gone now')
pyaar ki jo teri meri, umar aayi thi woh kat gayi
(the age of love which dawned on us, is over for good now')
duniya ki toh fikar kaha thi, teri bhi ab chinta ghat gayi
(I never cared 'bout this world, now it's the same for you too')

tu bhi tu hai, main bhi main hoon
(you are the same you, I am the same myself')
duniya saari dekh ulat gayi
(but seems like the whole world's upside down')
tu na jaane main na jaanu
(neither you know, nor do I')
kaise saari baat palat gayi
(how all this turned over')

ghatni hi thi yeh bhi ghatna,
(seems like all this had to happen')
ghatte ghatte lo yeh ghat gayi
(and with time, it finally has')

haan' chor bazari do naino ki, pehle thi aadat jo hat gayi

tareef teri karna haan'
(praising you all the time')
tujhe khone se darna haan'
(fearing losing you')
haan.. bhool gaya ab, tujhpe din mein char dafaa marna
(I have given up falling for you all throughout the day')

tareef teri karna haan'
tujhe khone se darna haan'.
haan.. bhool gaya ab
tujhpe din mein char dafaa marna

pyaar bimari, utree saari
(the fever of love, is down and out totally')
waadon ki badli bhi chhat gayi
(and the clouds of promises have cleared')
hum se main pe aayi aise
(from 'we' back to 'I' was a so quick')
mujhko toh main hi main ratt gayi
(I can't think beyond myself now')
ek huey they do se dono,
(we became one from two')
dono ki ab rahein bant gayi
(and the two of us have separate paths now')

ab koi fikar nahi
(there are no worries now')
gham ka bhi zikar nahi
(no ounce of gloom exists too')
haan'
hota hoon main jis raste pe, aaye khushi wahin'.
(whichever way I take now, happiness follows')
azaad hoon main tujhse
(I am free from yuo now')
azad hai tu mujhse
(you too are free from me now')
jo bhi chahe jaise chahe, kar le aaj yahin
(whatever way you wish, do it right here right now)

laaj sharam ki, choti moti
(of those little apprehensions in love')
jo thi dori woh bhi kat gayi
('the strings attached are cut for good now')

chowk choubare gali mohalle
(all lanes, all crossroads, everywhere')
khol ke main saare ghoonghat gayee
('I went to, without any fear of anyone')
tu na badli main na badla
(neither you changed, nor did I')
delhi saari dekh badal gayi
(but the whole of Delhi just did')

ek ghoont mein duniya dari
(in a gulp of these worldly ways')
ki main saari samajh nigal gayi
(I got it all, how it works' )
haan..
rang biranga paani peeke
(by drinking 'colored' water')
seedhi saadi kudi bigaad gayi
(a simple straight girl lost herself')
dekh ke mujhko hasta gaata
(by looking at me all laughing, singing')
sad gayi yeh duniya sad gayi
(thie world fumed with jealousy')

Vini,

Thank you so much! You are such a good friend!  Hug

I will see this film. Feel free to recommend me movie, music, book...
I'm like a kid, discovering your culture, and every day I learn something new! Smile

Zorica

Post Reply New Post

Go to top