Chat Clubs

Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 27)

Post Reply New Post

Page 27 of 47

bhakti2

Goldie

bhakti2

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Hai re Zorica you are too kind, yaar! Hug A very generous heart is beating within you.Heart

But I know I am not the right one to be anyone's teacher!  But...lucky for you...you are here with a lot of Indian ladies who are elder to me and can tell you everything about India.  Shridevi, even living in NYC, knows and understands Indian culture so deeply.  You must ask her and all the other ladies everything you want to know!  Then, when you can visit, we can all show you around!!

I would bet that anyone coming here to chat has their very definite ideas about what they love about Indian culture - which types of music (there are many traditions of classical music, gorgeous religious music from many faiths, much folk-type music, and then, of course, the popuar music from the various regional film industries (you are certainly getting some taste of that from MEIEJ!), which types of dance they like (again - so many regional and classical types), what sorts of traditions and languages they speak (there are a lot of languages!LOL), what sorts of clothes they prefer (sari, western, salwar kameez suit, anarkalis, kurtas, there are also so many types there!)   It would be fun to take a poll of all the ladies here and see what they prefer to wear, listen to, see, visit, etc. - no matter what country we are all in.

Do tell us for a start - what types of music and film are the favourites in your country?  Are there people from all over the world there, as you saw in Vienna? And what do you wear most days?  I am quite curious to know, what is life like in that part of the world?

p.s. There are so many great films in Hindi - you will love them! Ask everyone here their favourites to recommend to you (some might be preferring films in other languages, as well. Most language areas have their own large film industries here, as well, although most not as large-scale as the Hindi film industry.)  Some films that practically everyone would have seen: Hum Aapke Hain Kaun?, Dilwalle Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Maine Pyaar Kiya, arrey...even as I am starting to write this so many titles are cramming into my head I cannot get them all down!!  There are so many good recent ones, so many evergreen classics that people are continually referencing even on IF, and so many smaller films that are well worth a watch.  Koi baat nahi - I will come later with a long list!Tongue

Please, everyone, will you list also some good Hindi films for Zorica?  What do you think is a must-watch for someone beginning to watch Hind films?

I will post a list, but please everyone please do make one too!  Big smile

Edited by bhakti2 - 27 January 2013 at 11:57am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches0-SD-0

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 27)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kt25

Goldie

kt25

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 11:58am | IP Logged
@ALL - I just happened to read the article in "Navbharat Times" newspaper where the article talks about Drashti's close friends mentioning that she will soon tie the knot with her longtime boy friend Neeraj Khemka. The link was provided in the main forum and I have to warn you guys that the article was written in Hindi. I can read and write Hindi but if anyone has trouble reading it I will be more than happy to translate it for you guys and post it here. I know that in the main forum they have used Google translator tool to translate it to English and the translator seems to have done a horrible job Confused

I think that it might be true after all because most of them in that thread have mentioned that this newspaper is a reliable source and I am leaning to the fact that she is 28 and her parents might actually want her to get married.

vaani21applenpeaches0-SD-0

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
Hey all!
Sorry I keep leaving so sporadically- my classes are starting again on Monday, so I've just been catching up on my reading like crazyLOL
@Shri- I love to read, and I like to read different things- I actually wanted to be an archaeologist when I was a kid, hence the interest in dinosaurs, but like all adults, I put those dreams aside...
which is a darn shame, because if more people had the wonder and curiosity of children the world would be a better place. I actually got lost in a fair once because I was so busy reading- but it didn't stop my love of reading!Wink
@zorica- loved reading about your travel adventures- I've been to Barcelona and saw the "Unfinished Church"/Familia Singrada (sp?)!- Beautiful inside and out. when it finally finishes, I will definately go see it again...so many places in the world to go see. In terms of Hindi movies, I'm an oldie myself, and not to be a cliche, but Mughle Azam is my favorite. In terms of "newer" movies, I actually like Raja Hindustani.
@Kt: So DD is getting married? I'll wait for her to actually confirm herself before I say well-wishes. But honestly, what type of friend blabs about personal business to a media outlet? I'd be so angryAngry

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

kt25vaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches0-SD-0

kt25

Goldie

kt25

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
@AA - Tell me about it. I was thinking the same. Why on earth her friends would do that? I am thinking that someone claiming to be her friend might have spoken to the newspaper because just like you said I would n't be calling anyone my friend if he/she does not respect my feelings and or my privacy.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches0-SD-0

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorica

Shri,

I read your post for Bhakti. Thumbs Up

I also read less than before. Now I choose what to read. My problem is when I start to read a book, I ignore all obligations, until I finish reading the book.

My job does not cause me pleasure as before. I give a lot and receive little. I do not mean financially.

What makes me happy? Travels!
Travelling is my priority now. At least once a year I go to a new place.
What I've seen so far, and what I would like to see:

I was in:
Greece: Athens
Austria: Vienna
Germany: Frankfurt, Munich Thumbs Up
Italy: Rome, Venice Smile, Padua, Verona
France: Paris Day DreamingStar, Nice
Monaco: Monte Carlo Cool
Spain: Barcelona SmileHug
Turkey: Istanbul Day Dreaming
Egypt: Cairo, Alexandria Day Dreaming

There are so many places in this world that I would like to see!
This year I plan to go to Prague in the Czech Republic. This is the cheapest at the moment, so I'll probably choose. And they say that Prague is a beautiful city.

In the next 5 years I plan to see New York, Moscow, south of Spain ...

In the next 10 years I plan to see India! I'd go tomorrow, if somebody asks, but my finances do not allow. I have to prepare well for this trip.

p.s. "The Madman" by Kahlil Gibran, certainly you will love this book!

Zorica,

You are widely travelled. Big smile

Planning to come to India in next 10 years ??! I would advise you not to. Andrew had almost a fainting fit in the last week of September in New Delhi. The temperature mixed in that polluted weather was 38 degrees centigrade. It felt to me in those minutes, like what a bad idea for him to be there. But if you are not as weak hearted as him, then okay...but still India is tough place to be.

Me and my travels. Well I travelled south and north of India with parents as a kid. Mom and Dad love to travel. They never leave any opportunity that comes their way. If you ask me, they still are more travelled than me. Compared to me, they saw more of The USA than myself. LOL

Personally, I am not interested in travelling. But still I have been to

India-
Most of south of India in a month long road trip (the four southern states)
Parts of north and western India  in a month long road trip (Aurangabad, Mumbai, most of Gujarat, Jaipur, Udaipur, Chittorgarh, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Allahabad, Varanasi, Agra, Uttaranchal, Himachal, Srinagar and Pahalgaam)
Central India - Bhopal, Amla 

I saw Jammu (Gulmarg, Shaalimar and Nishaat gardens, Dal Lake) and Pahalgam before the terrorism in J&K began. We could not visit Punjab when we took tour of North India then because of ongoing terrorism in Punjab.

International-
Kuala Lumpur City -  Malaysia
Singapore
Houston - Texas - USA
Niagara Falls

Cities I stayed in full memory recall   (been here in last three years) 
New York (I presently live here)
Hyderabad
Delhi 
Bangalore

Places I travelled all my myself - alone and which I call as personal achievements
New York in 2006
Trichy to Tanjavur to see Brihadeeswara Temple in 2008 

I may never venture out to travel anywhere, but if I were to make my ass get set go, then my dream destinations are:

Madagascar - want to see the Indian ocean from Madagascar and the baobab tree with real eyes
Mauritius - want to see the Indian Ocean and the beaches
Maldives and Lakshadweep - want to visit a friend in Maldives and see the coral reefs in Lakshdweep
Dubai - want to see Dubai and do shopping...anything

Wanted to see the Hot Springs in New Zealand, but I have dropped it.

And one day, I might as well go to Utah to see the Grand Canyon.

Okay. Will check out "Madman" Wink

All the best for your travels. Thumbs Up

ETA
Barcelona pics on Page 26 and your travel summary...Thank you for that.

Re Monte Carlo, Monaco. Did you see the F1 Grand Prix circuit. I guess, it cannot be seen as tourist destination...Sorry for my silly question there. Just that Monaco reminded me that when you spoke about Football Stadium in Barcelona.   My brother travels a lot. Internationally, he is most travelled in my family.  He been to a live foot ball match (I think the girls soccer match in the london Olympics 2012). And my sister watched the KL Grand Prix in 2004 or 5. They say, live experience feels great. Andrew had been to Germany to watch the 2006 FIFA world Cup.

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 28 January 2013 at 7:08am

bhakti2Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vaani21

Originally posted by Shridevi
I agree there. Mythological books teach us a lot. Infact much of my wisdom, as a child until I was 12 years old, I got from Amar Chitra Kathayen, Sanskhipta Ramayan and Mahabharat from KV syllabus. Along with these I used to read Chandamama with those Vikram Betaal Stories and then Panchatantra. There was so much to read from the school library. The Hindi texts in school were really good, Taught us a lot. 

Hai Shri, good to know that u have read all these books.
LOL Even today i luv to read Tinkle, Tintin and Archies the old edition i read repeatedly.

chandamama, vikram betaal, ramayana and mahabharatha and Panchatantra these are my all time favourites.
Thank God! I have not lost interest in reading,Reading quarelling and chanting mantras i do all these simultaneouslyLOL
However there are few books,i could not read above 15 pages.Dostovesky's brothers of Karmazov.
I have decided i will complete reading WAR and PEACE.Big smile

Vaani,

Tinkle, Tintin and Archies. LOL I used to read Tinkle, Champak, Sarita, Womens Era, Illustrated weekly of India and Sputnik...all around the same time...as in whichever I could lay hands on in the library. That was in school. For Library class, weekly we had two classes. One was ...where we were silently supposed to read weekly, fortnightly's, magazines and newspapers. The other one was for issuance to books for home reading. At home i could read Misha which used to come from the Soviet for Dad (the DOT employees then used to get it).

After Amar Chitra Katha, I upgraded myself to Enid Blyton's Famous Five, Secret Seven and continued to upgrade to Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, The Three Investigators and finally to novels. LOL

War and Peace...Nope I have not read. Though I remember it as the First Movie that played on when we had our Weston Black and White TV installed and we switched on Doordarshan. Big smile It was such a long movie and I hardly understood anything (it was 84 i guess) but I still sat until midnight LOL remember the fuzzy images of the movie...

Tintin and Archies were my brother's favs. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

apolloartemisbhakti2vaani21applenpeaches

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Zorica, Bhakti,

My all time fav movies are many. But the sweetest movies are mostly Black and white. One I remembered just now is Junglee. 

And then I suggest Zorica can watch "Jaane Bhi Do Yaron". Just to laugh hilariously in The Draupadi Cheerharan drama scenes"  ROFL But then I advise her not to watch as well...coz it is not the mainstream Bollywood movie. This is Kundan Shah Movie with the best Parallel movie actors, TV actors and NSD graduates. Look how young they look. And to understand this, one needs to be Indian to catch the underlying sense of humour...the Indian struggle...The Indian common man dreams...

So that way, "Junglee" is better for Zorica. Atleast she can see the Nishat or Shaalimar Gardens of Jammu, the snow of Kashmir, The Dal Lake of Srinagar...albeit the film is from 1960s. Nowadays who travels to Jammu and Kashmir ? None.

BTW:
Junglee film has the famous dialogue about request and order, which RK used in MEIEJ

Saira/Raj asks Shammi/Shekhar "Yeh "request" hai ya "order" ?
Shammi/Shekhar answers "Order"

MEIEJ twisted that and RK...says, Yeh mera "Request" nahin "Order" hai...O R D E R. Smile

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 28 January 2013 at 7:05am

apolloartemisbhakti2vaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
http://www.india-forums.com/bollywood/hot-n-happening/30379-amole-gupte-to-focus-on-cinema-getting-place-in-school-curriculu.htm#4630651

Nice I liked it. Good Idea. Children actually like watching movies in schools. But again I am not sure of the 21st century kid mind. Waise hi, they are too fast for my generation.

500 Cr deal. Businessmen hai ya Filmstar ? How do they get these ideas ? Or may Star approached him.

God!!! I bought Midnight's Children book in 2006 to read and still it is languishing on my table unread and the movie is already here Unhappy. I think I better kick my ass...I cannot but can try, atleast that way, will be a little exercise for my legs backwards. Angry

apolloartemisbhakti2vaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches

Post Reply New Post

Go to top