Chat Clubs

Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 23)

Post Reply New Post

Page 23 of 47

Soundarya22

IF-Dazzler

Soundarya22

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 9:59am | IP Logged
What interesting discussions...will try and participate soon ...

SD- Corrs ... also a favourite of mine...and then you also like Savage Garden? Really happy to know ...Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dramagoapplenpeaches0-SD-0

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 23)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Soundarya22

What interesting discussions...will try and participate soon ...

SD- Corrs ... also a favourite of mine...and then you also like Savage Garden? Really happy to know ...Smile

Sounds, 
yes of course! And we are in the same age group. Approve All those bands in that era !!! None favourite but listened to everything that MTV presented until 2000 or then and later on whatever my brother and sister had in their collection. I am not a music buff, but sometimes I need it badly to sleep in peace. And yeah, it turns out that I have a good taste in music but it doesn't help because I have no memory. I cannot hum, it just stays in my mind with no name, words. LOL And I see that the instrumental part soothes my mind...eases my tension. For ex, I used to listen to Deep Forest and hard metal, just to transport myself to nothing because i hardly understand what they they sing or croon. 

Girls,
I am really happy that I have met you all. Its not just chat or friendship at random. I believe that I met you all because my time may be changing...Change is on its way...Smile This interaction means so much to me.

Hima, Malathi,
Wow...so now there are three women between us who are reading Chetan Bhagat. LOL

Anyways, the one that I am reading "The three Mistakes of My life" is the one on which Kai Po Che movie is based.  That's why I said...Hima writes abt Chetan Bhagat, Zoya posts that Manjha song from Kai Po Che, which I listened for one whole day; and I had already made up my mind sometime back that I need to read that book and so it felt the auspicious time to start LOL yeah! nowadays, reading a book, feels like moving a mountain. And come to think of my teen days, I used to read a book even when walking on the road...or late in the night under the razai (bed quilt). Sigh!!! How people change. Right ? Have a library of my own which now I put it in store room in India with half unread books.

Hima,
I am gonna reply later on the other dear topic you responded. Smile

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 18 January 2013 at 10:07pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Munni_123dramagovaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeacheszoya_naziya

bhakti2

Goldie

bhakti2

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
Shri - I was very interested to read what you have written about reading.  I had heard from another lady here in the colony, that she used to read all the time when she was young, but as she grew and changed (she is now nearing fifty years of age), she felt that she had, in a way, seen it all before.  That the things people were writing (or singing, or acting, for that matter) about were simply slightly altered version of things which had been said before, which in their turn were rehashes of that which had come before them, and so on back through time.

This came up as she, in quite a fond way, was laughing that she rarely sees me without a book.  She is sure that one day I will feel as she does, and whether I will or not I have no way of knowing.

But I did begin to think that, when someone writes something that seems truly revolutionary, that cannot be said to be properly derivative of anything that has come before - how extraordinary this must be.

I have often heard that the world has but a few stories, and these we tell each other over and over again.  I think this is true - even see how the racks of Madhubala can be traced to mythological stories.  Even if it is not the express intent of creatives, daily soap themes often resemble not only each other, but many other stories throughout history.

Maybe it's that we are born new, and so must discover these things for ourselves as if they were appearing for the first time?  

Khair - please tell me, ladies, what do you think?  Do you lose a taste for reading or seeing new things over time?

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Munni_123dramagovaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches0-SD-0zoya_naziya

Zorica_Bgd

Goldie

Zorica_Bgd

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 3:21am | IP Logged
Bhakti,

Every day you can learn something new. Did you learn by reading books, by listening music, watching a movie, it's your choice. The more you learn, you're aware of how little you know. D'oh

Read a good book is always useful. Older people will read again the classics like Dostoyevsky, for example. Star
The problem is that we live fast, so we do not have enough time to read.
People who read a lot will have a clear mind deep into old age.

I hope I wrote it understandably.

Yesterday, I got the book "The Three Mistakes of My Life," and some other books by Chetan Bhagat (I downloaded from the Internet). Big smile

I would say more, but I did not "learn" English enough. Smile

regards,
Zorica

Edited by zorica - 20 January 2013 at 3:28am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dramagovaani21applenpeaches0-SD-0zoya_naziya

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 4:14am | IP Logged
Reading is a huge thing for me-always has been. Unfortunately I've let it slip over the past few years, but am now trying to get back into it. I'm actually reading "The Prophet" b Kahlil Gibran. its interesting to read about religion with the way this book is written. It's beautiful- I'd recommend reading it.
The other thing I just read was "The Prince", which is vastly different!LOL
After that, I have books about dinosaurs and minerals that I want to crack. I have very wide tastes!

Edited by apolloartemis - 20 January 2013 at 4:12am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dramagovaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches0-SD-0zoya_naziya

Zorica_Bgd

Goldie

Zorica_Bgd

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 4:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by apolloartemis

Reading is a huge thing for me-always has been. Unfortunately I've let it slip over the past few years, but am now trying to get back into it. I'm actually reading "The Prophet" b Kahlil Gibran. its interesting to read about religion with the way this book is written. It's beautiful- I'd recommend reading it.
The other thing I just read was "The Prince", which is vastly different!LOL
After that, I have books about dinosaurs and minerals that I want to crack. I have very wide tastes!

Thumbs Up

Read also "The Madman" by Kahlil Gibran. Excellent book!

Edited by zorica - 20 January 2013 at 4:36am

dramagovaani21applenpeaches0-SD-0zoya_naziya

bhakti2

Goldie

bhakti2

Posted: 22 January 2013 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorica

Bhakti,

Every day you can learn something new. Did you learn by reading books, by listening music, watching a movie, it's your choice. The more you learn, you're aware of how little you know. D'oh

Read a good book is always useful. Older people will read again the classics like Dostoyevsky, for example. Star
The problem is that we live fast, so we do not have enough time to read.
People who read a lot will have a clear mind deep into old age.

I hope I wrote it understandably.

Yesterday, I got the book "The Three Mistakes of My Life," and some other books by Chetan Bhagat (I downloaded from the Internet). Big smile

I would say more, but I did not "learn" English enough. Smile

regards,
Zorica

Hi, Zorica!Tongue  Not only have you learned English beautifully, but you are also watching Hindi soaps and, I presume, speaking fluently in your native language as well!  Not to mention  you are making beautiful, creative pictures that we all enjoy, and reading Chetan Bhagat!  It is an inspiration.

dramagovaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches0-SD-0

Zorica_Bgd

Goldie

Zorica_Bgd

Posted: 22 January 2013 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Bhakti,

Thank you so much !

You are young, and feel free to ask anything. Everyone here will give you good advice! I do not know why, but you are especially dear to me, maybe because you're the youngest here.
You are young, and you have more responsibility than some of us. And it's for respect!

Edited by zorica - 22 January 2013 at 2:41pm

dramagovaani21bhakti2applenpeaches0-SD-0

Post Reply New Post

Go to top