Chat Clubs

Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 22)

Post Reply New Post

Page 22 of 47

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 4:35am | IP Logged
references to Chetan Bhagat in two days...Hima in that TOI article and Zoya with that "Kai Po Che" song.

So here I started this morning...reading online..."The three mistakes of My life". Finished the Prologue and Epilogue. Will start the chapters as I get time. 

Just slept for 2 hours as I dozed off to listening  to The Corrs.. only to wake up to the 4:00 AM alarm. The room was cold. So instead of getting up, I went online, did some surfing and finally decided to read the book as I listened to the Manjha song from Kai Po Che. Motivating lyrics indeed and soulful music. After a long long time, been productive other than just going to IF while online.

Thank you my friends.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Munni_123dramagoZorica_Bgdapplenpeacheszoya_naziya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 22)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

applenpeaches

IF-Dazzler

applenpeaches

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 1:08pm | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dramagoZorica_Bgd0-SD-0zoya_naziya

bhakti2

Goldie

bhakti2

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 6:58pm | IP Logged

This was really interesting!  My eyes have only begun to open to the enormity of this situation and to its long-term ramifications.  You can really see in these numbers the difference between the north and the south, hai na?  Just for comparison, I wondered how things looked in the U.S., where Shri has said these biases are not strong.  Here is a sample link which seems to prove her point:

I had read recently that China, too, is suffering great discrepancies in sex ratio in the same way as India. It seems the young women of the world should be wary now - this situation ticks like a time bomb.

dramagoZorica_Bgdapplenpeaches0-SD-0zoya_naziya

bhakti2

Goldie

bhakti2

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
Btw, SD Di, your "dog surgery" picture has brought a lot of smiles in my house! No one can believe this is true - even my husband has given a small smile - one of so few now.  He asked, too, quite rightly I feel, "who would know if a dog is handsome or ugly??  Only another dog, hai na?" I still cannot believe anyone would have enough money to spend on such a thing - and, even if they did, why would they do this cruel thing to their dog? America is full of mystery!

vaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches0-SD-0zoya_naziya

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhakti2

Btw, SD Di, your "dog surgery" picture has brought a lot of smiles in my house! No one can believe this is true - even my husband has given a small smile - one of so few now.  He asked, too, quite rightly I feel, "who would know if a dog is handsome or ugly??  Only another dog, hai na?" I still cannot believe anyone would have enough money to spend on such a thing - and, even if they did, why would they do this cruel thing to their dog? America is full of mystery!

Glad that it came of some use.

LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

bhakti2Zorica_Bgdapplenpeacheszoya_naziya

dramago

dramago

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Originally posted by himbin

@all   Check this story...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Man-who-immortalised-Rekha-rescued-from-streets/articleshow/18042711.cms

Happens...sometimes.

I am awed by Mink Brar and her brother for their kindness and them calling Salman Khan to help... But then I guess it is natural and I should not be awed, to make kindness such an alien subject. Why is this deep rooted distrust that people are indifferent ? Infact no one is indifferent. Most people are scared and hence try to escape from the situation one finds in. So I have to rephrase...Mink was enterprising enough.,,,,

Very true...Kindness is not alien...its just that we have to keep an eye and look for it...In the same news we find
one who ignored and another who helped...and it is for us to see what we would like to see... infer accordingly and form an opinion...There are all kinds of people in the world...you will find those whom you are looking for...its all in one's perspective...ITA with you on people being scared and not being indifferent...Perfect example is in the recent Delhi incident where apparently people who saw the two victims on the road before the police came in didn't do much to help them than just watching and wondering...I feel they would have been sorry but,scared to do anything fearing the possibility of getting into trouble...Isn't it quite different here in U.S...The trust in the police and the system in general is what makes it easy for people here to act where as its the distrust that makes people run away in India...

Two more links to present other sides of the Jagdish Mali story...

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/my-father-is-not-mentally-ill-says-antara-about-jagdish-mali/316244-8-66.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Salman-lashes-out-at-Jagdish-Malis-daughter/articleshow/18071661.cms 

I remember the discussion about how sometimes artists have difficult personal relationships...their passion for art,their vision would probably be at a different level that its hard to understand and cope up with them on a personal level...As our protogonist R.K is an artist with complex emotional state and possessing a very different take on things, this particular story interested me like
Mr.Jagdish Mali,even in that unresponsive,disconnected state was asking to go to his studio which actually he has sold a long time back...he was described a socialite throwing frequent parties yet a loner with failed personal relationships and one possessing a heart of gold...I feel these people have a wider family encompassing all those who are connected to them through their appreciation for their art...

Edited by himbin - 18 January 2013 at 7:49am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

bhakti2vaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches0-SD-0zoya_naziya

Munni_123

Groupbie

Munni_123

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Sorry, I came to thread very lately and feeling bad that I missed it all these days.

Going through some of the forums in IF and wondering why people always ask for romantic tracks?

I wonder sometimes these serials create a rosy picture of life and giving a false impression. 

@ Shri,  If you can get the book 'What young India wants' by Chetan Bhagat read it. I got it in Delhi Airport when coming back and loved it.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

bhakti2vaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches0-SD-0zoya_naziya

dramago

dramago

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 9:05am | IP Logged
@Shri,

I am replying late...so,I am sorry too WinkSmile  I understand what you are saying...I too go through 
all this...wanting to do something to the less privileged as that alone can give a sense of contentment...
yet not able to do by some force (fear,the commitment it demands,patience e.t.c) within...I am glad you find the fire in you...as that would sure push you to do something...at most you could  be delayed but,certainly would reach there...I myself am not sure if I possess so much fire but,the desire is sure there...that should count for something right..?? I believe in though waves...you know like thoughts too  travel around the world just like sound waves hence,its important to have good thoughts which emanate positive energy ( you talked of it) and that in itself is a service to the society...with this I could also be simply making an excuse for my non action ...any how,thought is a seed from 
which the tree of action and effort grows which in turn would give the fruit of result...hope we all reach to the fruit by our next 30,40 years of life...Smile

Re Chetan Bhagat...I am reading his 'two states' now.Haven't read any of his work before...I remember reading somewhere that his 'Three mistakes' is being made in to a movie...

@Peach,

Only two states have more female population than male...seems many states are getting better with closing the gap... though many still have female population nearly 10% less than  the male and what is horrifying is to see a few states going backward with increasing the gap Ouch rather than decreasing...the system is sure failing in those states...

Edited by himbin - 18 January 2013 at 9:04am

Zorica_Bgdbhakti2applenpeaches0-SD-0zoya_naziya

Post Reply New Post

Go to top