Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 21)

Zorica_Bgd Goldie
Zorica_Bgd
Zorica_Bgd

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 4:03am | IP Logged
Shri, all

About VD wedding:

Since we live in a patriarchal world, it is not clear to me why they were married according to the customs of her faith? When two people get married, the man's faith is always dominant. Is not he supposed to change his religion, so he could get married in this manner? Or is it different in India? Sorry if the question is stupid, but I'm trying to understand your customs / tradition / religion.

Happy Sankranti or Lohri or Pongal to everyone!
(Thanks to Zoya, I read a little more about it on Wikipedia).

And Happy New Year to me (according to the Julian calendar)!

p.s. As for skin colors, it's not clear to me that people are separated in this way? It's a caste system?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

applenpeachesNamzzzoya_naziya

apolloartemis Senior Member
apolloartemis
apolloartemis

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorica

Shri, all

About VD wedding:

Since we live in a patriarchal world, it is not clear to me why they were married according to the customs of her faith? When two people get married, the man's faith is always dominant. Is not he supposed to change his religion, so he could get married in this manner? Or is it different in India? Sorry if the question is stupid, but I'm trying to understand your customs / tradition / religion.

p.s. As for skin colors, it's not clear to me that people are separated in this way? It's a caste system?
Hey Z (mind if I call you that?)
I don't know much about the wedding as I skipped the entire thing but maybe he just conceded because he loves her and wants to make her happy? My cousin married someone outside the hindu religion and they did both ceremonies so I think it varies according to people or custom.
As for the skin colors its not so much the caste system, just people with fairer skin are given better treatment. I always thought it was a remenant of colonialism, but maybe its not so.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dramagovaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeaches0-SD-0zoya_naziya

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorica

Shri, all

About VD wedding:

Zorica,

NO.

The facts are that
VD is Christian
VB is Zoarastrian

They married through court ceremony (no religion involved)
However they celebrated (publically) with all Hindu ceremonies for all items/functions related to marriage. That is what i have read in media articles. And yes VB is wearing a Mangal sutra and chooda (bangles) and sindoor --- all punjabi style, which both VD and VB are not.

The Parsi synagogue would not have allowed VB to get married to VD in their religious manner as it is impermissible for them to get married outside their community.

And VD is practicing Hindu (though he doesn't deny being a christian). He prays to Indian Gods as his mother is a Hindu and he grew up being close to her.

Happy New year to you as well.

color discrimination - No caste system...just a discrimination against what looks "not appealing". In India FAIRNESS appeals and hence we have Fairness Cream advertisements/selling etc. Men and Women equally apply
Just like here in US, I see women applying foundation to tone down their complexion. It is all about what looks good and makes us presentable.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dramagovaani21Zorica_Bgdapplenpeacheszoya_naziya

Zorica_Bgd Goldie
Zorica_Bgd
Zorica_Bgd

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Saana and Shridevi,

Thank you very much for the explanation!
Now I understand!

dramagovaani21applenpeaches0-SD-0zoya_naziya

dramago Senior Member
dramago
dramago

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 7:18am | IP Logged
@all   Check this story...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Man-who-immortalised-Rekha-rescued-from-streets/articleshow/18042711.cms

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vaani21applenpeaches0-SD-0zoya_naziya

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Originally posted by himbin

Hey all,

check this out...

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/The-underage-optimist/entry/open-letter-to-the-indian-change-seekers

found it interesting the way writer,Chetan Bhagat divides indian society...and so true, any change could be acquired only by being inclusive of all and patiently explaining...not by shunning and ridicule...

Hima,

First things first...From a long time, I have been wanting to ask all of you about Chetan Bhagat. And lo, here you bring it. Clap LOL

Chalo lemme read it and come back ...

Hima,

Sorry. I am coming back so late. But honestly Hima, this is what I felt when I had all kinds of breakdown from my practical existence in 2005. Well Chetan Bhagat writes all that. At that time, I had lot of emotion, but I just did not what to do with that. I had no sense of direction. Then a year later, life gave us a new kind of experience. It was scary and horrific where how important MONEY is for SUSTENANCE and is also a DETRIMENT came afore. Lived through it and sailed through it. Still some issues keep dogging us.

I will safely say that...I have actually taken all kind of Sanyaas with the way I grew up, with all those ideals for country, family, society etc. I used to respect in a idealistic manner. But these days, I try to go beyond platform promoted idealism. As in somebody speaks, I want to just break it down to sheer reality. All I care these days is to feel anything that touches my heart, for I believe, only that will pull me back to society.

When I walked around Tarnaka streets all alone in 2011 India vacation, I looked at the old age homes opened, worldvisionindia.org office. Yes, I want to be part of anything that makes me serve people without getting into PLATFORM Debates and fights and yet, the person, I am, I know will do anything to fight and make it right. Because I have that fire in me. And my question looking at them as is the right place ? Is this the right time ? 

So here I am thinking of working at least for another 5 years and by that time may find something which I can associate to and start by journey of supporting others through my knowledge. Itna to maine jaan liya apne baare mein, I am really capable of fighting for good, I just need a good team to be with them in dedication. I need that camaraderie and following, because the other reality of me is I am an independent person, spiritied and yet reticent, but live my life in its individualistic expression, I feel loved when friends appreciate me as that takes boredom out of life, which seems to kill me every minute (I was born like that...I just cannot stand boredom...so I keep my mind busy in thinking, and I am a passive leader in many ways, but very good commander in charge.

So I need some vehicle to get all this energy a focus, a mission...which though something in me will try to bury equally. This is my constant fight, and I just hope one day I smoothly flow into that direction when I see it there to embrace me.

The reality through that article...that is what i see and that is one of the reason, why instead of listening to media channels, I see these soaps...because this is the place, I see the Class Four and Three driven TRP, The Class Two Bucks. Yes, there is no Class One here. It will never be there. Class One brute force is felt only by those who have seen their clout. And fortunately and unfortunately, me and my family have seen it. All this gives a new perspective, even when I am sitting on this side of world with absolutely nothing to do. 

All I say is...almost 4 decades, you have now this sense of balance. Another 3 decades before you go away from this world...a lot you can do. Let's see where I go. And more importanly, the fear in me will never go away, until I take the plunge. So waiting for the blessed plunge.

This man Chetan Bhagat is an IIM product and has been a successful business executive. Now he is retired and became a writer. I would love to read his books and see what kind of person he is. And there let me end my ramble.

Thank you Hima.

dramagovaani21bhakti2applenpeacheszoya_naziya

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 8:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by himbin

@all   Check this story...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Man-who-immortalised-Rekha-rescued-from-streets/articleshow/18042711.cms

Happens...sometimes.

I am awed by Mink Brar and her brother for their kindness and them calling Salman Khan to help... But then I guess it is natural and I should not be awed, to make kindness such an alien subject. Why is this deep rooted distrust that people are indifferent ? Infact no one is indifferent. Most people are scared and hence try to escape from the situation one finds in. So I have to rephrase...Mink was enterprising enough.,,,,

dramagovaani21zoya_naziya

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 11:04pm | IP Logged

UMETV gave Madhu n RK Best jodi of 2012. The interview is good.

vaani21applenpeacheszoya_naziya

Go to top