Chat Clubs

Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 20)

Post Reply New Post

Page 20 of 47

Soundarya22

IF-Dazzler

Soundarya22

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 9:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Zorica,

See, I am not trying to be personal and blunt here...but I am really stuck with impartial coverage for the two mother figures. I am feeling bad. Now should I actually feel bad ?

Don't worry, I too felt bad at the ITA awards, when VD mentioned 3 women in his life, he mentioned VD, his mom and HER mom, I was like why??! She has been in his life for just a couple of years, Vahbiz's mom I mean. At GPA, he mentioned his family in Ujjain. Some sense prevailed, I guess. Bachcha hai...

Generally I am not too bothered about the personal lives of film stars or Tv stars but I do observe and register these things, guess that cannot be helped. Big smile
 it is nice to have a forum like this where we can idly chat about these observations.Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kt25vaani21Zorica_BgdapplenpeachesNamzz0-SD-0

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 20)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
I know what you mean Sound. I try to keep away from the personal lives of the actors, but they are just so pervasive, its practically impossible. That's one of the reasons why I really do not care much about VD and Vahbbiz- I feel they are so prone to PDA and in your face all the time. But that's me- I don't like PDA as I think there is no need to broadcast a relationship. No one needs to see you two plastered to each other or you gushing about her every 5 minutes.
Same with Vahbbiz's family- but really VD allows it, so he must be comfortable na? I personally would feel suffocated.
like I said, as long as it does not affect his scenes, I don't care. But if he blurs personal and professional boundaries...then as a viewer I reserve the right to be angry.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

vaani21Zorica_Bgdkt25applenpeachesNamzz0-SD-0

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Shri,
What you said of media portrayal of VD's mom vs mom-in-law, how much do you think is influenced by the skin fairness? I know India is still obsessed with that (I have cousins who when they go out in the heat wear gloves as they do not want to get tanned.)
What a shame. VD's mom have doubtless done a lot for her son. To get pushed into the background seems really unfair.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

kt25vaani21applenpeachesNamzz0-SD-0

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by apolloartemis

Shri,
What you said of media portrayal of VD's mom vs mom-in-law, how much do you think is influenced by the skin fairness? I know India is still obsessed with that (I have cousins who when they go out in the heat wear gloves as they do not want to get tanned.)
What a shame. VD's mom have doubtless done a lot for her son. To get pushed into the background seems really unfair.

Sanaa,
@bold

100% color discrimination. I am dusky myself and I know that blatant discrimination LOL.  Photographers are always about beauty ...that's hard reality.

VD's mom...looks athletic and has her own unique style of presentation, open hair and all that. She reminds me of my all school teachers, who had their own unique style, That shows a personality in itself that is not bothered about impression she will create on others, but is all about her standing on how she wants to express herself. In contrast, VB's mother is all about beauty and how she can impress others.

Actually this underlying difference is what made me think about VD giving equal importance to his mother and Mother-in-law

His mother like him a sports-lover/personality, is grounded as they both love mud...(keechad), so not scared to be brash and open. Sports is all about ACTIVE energy, brutal expression.

His mother in law...don't know what she is. But the way she impresses everyone, is sure going to give a SUPPORTIVE GROOMING for VD to create an IMPRESSION for HIMSELF as well, since he is now in ACTING/Performing Business. It really should matter to him, about a presentation that is visually appealing public personality. VD can actually learn from VB's mother what his mother would not be able to teach.

So he is grounded on the REAL HIM and HIS OCCUPATION requirements from both these mother figures. That is what I think.

At the end of the day, VB does say VD needs to mature, VD says he is a family person and he has been emotionally hurt in this business and hence likes to have a grounded feeling so that he does not feel bad...so he sticks to VB as she allows him to be what he wants to be...kiddish or whatever. 

I actually have seen, VD may be brash and silly with his PDA acts, but his AWARD ACCEPTANCE SPEECHES spoken with such spontaneity have been HONEST, GENUINE and GROUNDED. He thanked showmakers, his team, Indresh Malik (Bittuji), His mother, MIL(when with him and not when not present) and VB (as she is always there).

So basically he DOES NOT FORGET HIS MOTHER even when she is not there. And all that grounded wisdom comes from his first security, his mother, family and his expressive energy-the footballer in him which knows that he has to aim for the goal.

Zorica, Soundarya,
I guess now you got why I was thinking so hard on the two mother figures for VD.

ETA:
This is me saving some links for VD notes :)

His mother

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 13 January 2013 at 3:41pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

apolloartemisapplenpeachesNamzz

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by himbin

Hey all,

check this out...

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/The-underage-optimist/entry/open-letter-to-the-indian-change-seekers

found it interesting the way writer,Chetan Bhagat divides indian society...and so true, any change could be acquired only by being inclusive of all and patiently explaining...not by shunning and ridicule...

Hima,

First things first...From a long time, I have been wanting to ask all of you about Chetan Bhagat. And lo, here you bring it. Clap LOL

Chalo lemme read it and come back ...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

applenpeachesNamzz

apolloartemis

apolloartemis

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Shri,

Sanaa,
@bold

100% color discrimination. I am dusky myself and I know that blatant discrimination LOL.  Photographers are always about beauty ...that's hard reality.

VD's mom...looks athletic and has her own unique style of presentation, open hair and all that. She reminds me of my all school teachers, who had their own unique style, That shows a personality in itself that is not bothered about impression she will create on others, but is all about her standing on how she wants to express herself. In contrast, VB's mother is all about beauty and how she can impress others.

Actually this underlying difference is what made me think about VD giving equal importance to his mother and Mother-in-law

His mother like him a sports-lover/personality, is grounded as they both love mud...(keechad), so not scared to be brash and open. Sports is all about ACTIVE energy, brutal expression.

His mother in law...don't know what she is. But the way she impresses everyone, is sure going to give a SUPPORTIVE GROOMING for VD to create an IMPRESSION for HIMSELF as well, since he is now in ACTING/Performing Business. It really should matter to him, about a presentation that is visually appealing public personality. VD can actually learn from VB's mother what his mother would not be able to teach.

So he is grounded on the REAL HIM and HIS OCCUPATION requirements from both these mother figures. That is what I think.

At the end of the day, VB does say VD needs to mature, VD says he is a family person and he has been emotionally hurt in this business and hence likes to have a grounded feeling so that he does not feel bad...so he sticks to VB as she allows him to be what he wants to be...kiddish or whatever. 

I actually have seen, VD may be brash and silly with his PDA acts, but his AWARD ACCEPTANCE SPEECHES spoken with such spontaneity have been HONEST, GENUINE and GROUNDED. He thanked showmakers, his team, Indresh Malik (Bittuji), His mother, MIL(when with him and not when not present) and VB (as she is always there).

So basically he DOES NOT FORGET HIS MOTHER even when she is not there. And all that grounded wisdom comes from his first security, his mother, family and his expressive energy-the footballer in him which knows that he has to aim for the goal.

Zorica, Soundarya,
I guess now you got why I was thinking so hard on the two mother figures for VD.
Shri,
Isn't it strange how variant standards of beauty are? In the States, and the UK it's all about being tanned or bronze- it makes you look athletic and healthy and beautiful. In India you have to be fair.
So strange that we allow ourselves to be fooled by something as superficial as color of skin and the composition of a face.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

applenpeachesNamzz0-SD-0

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 4:01pm | IP Logged

Shri,
Isn't it strange how variant standards of beauty are? In the States, and the UK it's all about being tanned or bronze- it makes you look athletic and healthy and beautiful. In India you have to be fair.
So strange that we allow ourselves to be fooled by something as superficial as color of skin and the composition of a face.

Sanaa,

Not just that. It stems from the terrible human philosophy, the Economics of the situation which should remove the emotional element for you. Human beings are always attracted to Scarcity and strive to make it abundant, bored of abundance and hence loses its value and they are always working to coff up to compensate their scarcities which is the reason for changing dynamics.

Marginal Utility principles always...

And here in India ...Sun is abundant and hence darkness not liked and in US , colder places, Pink Skin and blotchy skin is abundant and hence blemishless skin appreciated.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

apolloartemisvaani21applenpeachesNamzz

zoya_naziya

IF-Rockerz

zoya_naziya

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
Happy Sankranti or Lohri or Pongal to everyone here!!!! May this festival bring good luck and prosperity and your life blooms with happiness!!!!

LOLzz, I make a guest appearance here for wishing you people either on b'days or festivals... But some day, I shall catch up with all of your posts:) 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vaani21applenpeachesNamzz0-SD-0

Post Reply New Post

Go to top