India-Forums

Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) (Page 2)

zoya_naziya IF-Rockerz
zoya_naziya
zoya_naziya

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
Hi all,

Shri, Firstly thanks for invite:) 

I am Zoya, born and brought up in Chennai and currently living in California. I speak Urdu at home. Apart from Urdu, I know Hindi,Tamil and English. 

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

dramagoHopelessLovePreetDDovesViewZorica_Bgdkt25vaani21bhakti2applenpeachespippa0-SD-0Namzzleelaa9

dramago Senior Member
dramago
dramago

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 5:37pm | IP Logged
Hi everyone,

Love the idea of this club... Shri, thanks for the invite and letting me be part of it Big smile.
I am  Hima and yes,as SD rightly guessed I am a south Indian,an andhrite(telugu)...currently  
living in Boston...I am 30+...to be precise 33 and a mother of 2 boysWink ... perfect fit for this club...hain na..LOL ..old but,forever young...congrats all on successful start of this thread .Smile 

HopelessLovePreetDDovesViewZorica_Bgdvaani21bhakti2kt25applenpeachespippa0-SD-0zoya_naziyaNamzzleelaa9

PreetD Senior Member
PreetD
PreetD

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
Thanks SD for the invite to join you all here!!! I've really enjoyed reading about and getting to know more about everyone else here. Plus the discussions you've been having, I'm going to come back and reply on some of those if that's okay. 

You covered the basics about me in your PM. I'm born and raised in western Canada, I speak English and Punjabi, I can get by in speaking Hindi (my Hindi is actually improving a lot since I started watching this show lol) but my coworkers at one of my previous jobs always made fun of me when I spoke it so while I understand it quite well I don't speak it so much unless necessary. I come from a large immediate family, there are 5 of us kids and my parents.  I've been to India only a handful of times, mostly on the north (our family is mostly in New Delhi and Punjab) but after having talked to many of you I really want to go back and visit the south now. 

Look forward to chatting more in here with you guys :)

dramagoHopelessLoveDovesViewZorica_Bgdkt25bhakti2vaani21pippaapplenpeachesNamzz0-SD-0zoya_naziyaleelaa9

zoya_naziya IF-Rockerz
zoya_naziya
zoya_naziya

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
Coming to the lack of passion between DVD, most of what you have all said is true. And I would like to believe what Priya told, that it could be the pressure on both personal and professional fronts for him. The pre-wedding jitters along with the fact that he has to bank for all the episodes is prolly kinda weighing him down and he is rushing to meet dead-lines.

As Shri and I were talking about this y'day, the PH knew, from long back that he was going to take two weeks off and they should have planned properly. But you can't really blame the PH too, coz I feel some of the scenes are being reworked at the last minute to give us better content. In the same scene, VD's voice is at times normal and other times its different. And secondly, VD sometime back had told that, when he would be going on leave, a second hero(Avinesh) would enter but we all know that the plan was scrapped and then Ballu was made to re-enter. So with the numerous ideas swimming in the CV's minds and then prolly last minute changes to the script, VD might have been made to over-work building up pressure on him. I understand it's a part of his job but still at times you can't always give your best shot...

One point I would like to make is that DOP needs a MAJOR IMPROVEMENT. If the scenes are going to be shot with proper camera angles then I feel it would be more visually appealing to the viewers and it wouldn't be as thanda as it is now. I would suggest they hire a cameraman, who has worked previously with Balaji as they have some of the best technicians. Or if the problem is with the equipment itself, then they need to get better ones. When they have spent so much for the show, spending a few more bucks for better equipment is not going to make them kangaal.

Here's me as always hopeful that things would turn out for the better in the coming days.

ETA: Ok guys, He did touch her back during the Baahon ke darmiyaan sequence right so why would he have a problem now?

Edited by zoya_naziya - 23 December 2012 at 7:05pm

dramagoHopelessLovePreetDDovesViewZorica_Bgdkt25vaani21bhakti2pippaapplenpeachesNamzz0-SD-0leelaa9

bhakti2 Goldie
bhakti2
bhakti2

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much, SD, for this kind invitation!  I am very happy to meet everyone here, and have had the pleasure of reading so many of your wonderful posts earlier on the MB forum, especially SD's ED threads.

I feel a bit shy to post here, but still - happy to read!!  

My name is also as my ID - it is Bhakti.  I am 23, living in Delhi,  with my husband and his family (although he has been in Dubai these three months past chasing the construction jobs) and my two children, aged almost two years (Ramanand) and four months (Maithili).

My husband had been kind enough to let me use the lappy originally to keep up my English.  I speak only Hindi and English, and have studied quite a bit of Sanskrit, just out of personal interest.

I am usually the one making fun of everything on the ED thread, but please don't mind or take me seriously - it is all in fun!

Thank you again, SD, for letting me join in!Smile

dramagoPreetDDovesViewHopelessLoveZorica_Bgdkt25vaani21applenpeachespippazoya_naziya0-SD-0Namzzleelaa9

pippa IF-Dazzler
pippa
pippa

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Hi everyone.

Thanks for this most unexpected invite, Shri, especially because I'm like the planet Jupiter, appearing every 12 days (years for Juppy) and then too, not having very much to say.LOL

Just repeating what I'd pmed Shri.

I'm a Malayalee from Trivandrum, Kerala currently living in Bangalore taking a rather long hiatus from work..used to be a lecturer.

Am over 30, married but no children.

My name is Sudha Nair and I like what I read in the ED though I may not contribute much...actually like the ED thread way more than I like the show.

Edit: Just want to be sure...I can access this thread only via the pm mode, right? Is there a quicker way?

Edited by pippa - 23 December 2012 at 10:26pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetDDovesViewHopelessLoveZorica_Bgdbhakti2kt25vaani21applenpeachesNamzz0-SD-0zoya_naziyaleelaa9

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Sharing the bad feeling for what's going on in Delhi ...

I am not talking about the RAPE VICTIM, I am not talking about THE GIRL CHILD and ITS RIGHTS, I am not talking about the PROTECTED FEELING that we yearn for living in India...this is about the political response to the people who are seeking justice. The Home Minister has the gut to ask people to stop protests because Vladimir Putin is visiting the country. And what about the pain of the Delhites ? All those people waiting in cold and weeping because no one is stepping out to talk to them.

Its just sharing. 

--- On Sun, 23/12/12, Ushashri Gaddam  wrote:

Subject: Re: Overwhelmed to see the response in Delhi
To: "Shridevi Gaddam (Yahoo), "Srikrishan Gaddam (Yahoo)" 
Date: Sunday, 23 December, 2012, 5:53

Appalling to see how the Govt of India is trying to curb the protests by:

- closing the metro and openly saying that it is to curb protests.
- prohibiting aam jantaa from doing protests at rashtrapati bhawan, pm's residence, india gate, everywhere. Where are the protesters supposed to go?
- asking people to do protests in ram lila maidan which is far from the powerhouses in central delhi
- portraying the protesters as violent mob when the media images clearly show that protesters are predominantly young students of both genders. They don't look violent at all. They are asking for security of women and justice for the girl who is battling for her life.
- declaring IPC sec 144 in central delhi

Do we not have the right to protest peacefully as citizens of the largest f**king democracy in world?

To: Shridevi Gaddam (Yahoo) , Srikrishan Gaddam (Yahoo) 
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:10 PM
Subject: Overwhelmed to see the response in Delhi

Heartbroken at the bus gang-rape of the girl in Delhi. Shaken, emotionally and mentally at the gruesome details.

Overwhelmed by the response of people, the aam janta of Delhi and other cities (Calcutta, Bombay, Bang, Shimla...)

Ashamed deeply, very strongly, about the way Delhi Police, the Politicians, the Politicians in Power in Delhi, The Prez, The PM are reacting or not reacting.

People are demanding protection for women and citizens of India and justice for the 23-year-old innocent for the last one week and in return they are getting water canons (in Delhi winters), tear gas and latthi charges. Protesters are young, very young women, children, college students, old people and they are being beaten by DP with lathis, sprayed with water in Delhi winter while the politicians have completely closed their eyes to the growing rage and insecurity of the people. At least BJP is trying to probe the ruling politicians.

Foreign women protesters are saying their home cities are very safe at any time of day or night be it London or NY. They are working in Delhi and they feel unsafe just like any woman in India. When will Indian woman will truly feel safe to be alone at night during this age of BPOs?

Amidst all of this the girl is battling for her life in Safdarjang and if she survives will she ever be able to live a normal life physically? I can't even begin to imagine the psychological impact on her or any rape victim for that matter. Prayers to the people who suffer injustice in India be it the 23-year-old girl or the innocent 498a men and their families or the victims of caste injustices or to any other kind of injustice in India (unfortunately there is no end to the types of injustices in our nation).

I am confused, heartbroken, disappointed, defeated. I am grateful that people of India have taken to the streets and taken the peaceful fight to Raisina Hill, Janpath, Jantar Mantar, to the doorsteps of politicians in offices. I am grateful that they are resilient and I want the women (and men too) of India to feel safe when she travels or walks home at the dead of night after work, visiting a friend, going to movies, going to pubs. 

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 23 December 2012 at 10:25pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetDHopelessLoveDovesViewZorica_Bgdbhakti2vaani21kt25pippaapplenpeachesNamzzleelaa9

Namzz IF-Rockerz
Namzz
Namzz

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Preet, you said Western Canada. Where precisely?? BC as that's where I am.

@Sudha, my maiden name is also Nair. Nice to meet you all. Looking forward to some fun chats!!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

HopelessLovePreetDZorica_Bgdbhakti2kt25pippaapplenpeaches0-SD-0leelaa9

Go to top