Forever 21 GEMs (Invites Only) - Page 7

Posted: 11 years ago
@Shri-read the news today. Have dedicated my chapter of Always Yours to Daimini. I wish there was something more meaningful I could do. Was reminded of your posts about women in India and all the things they have to deal with.
Don't get me wrong please- I've been raised on the belief that India culture- the vedas, the Hindu relgion, the tolerance, are the best in the world. But if the people in the country are the way they are, with no meaningful change, with the thought that "this is the way the world is and we cannot change it", indeed embracing that brutal mentality-well does it make sense that I revere the India that could be instead of the India that is?
In the United States, I won't deny that we have problems. We have a ton of problems. We are seen as self-righteous and interfering. But atleast I know this- in the US, I wouldn't be afraid to get on the public transportation. In India, that's a fear every girl has to live with.
Sorry for ranting about this everyone. I just felt very sad today.
Originally posted by apolloartemis

@Shri-read the news today. Have dedicated my chapter of Always Yours to Daimini. I wish there was something more meaningful I could do. Was reminded of your posts about women in India and all the things they have to deal with.
Don't get me wrong please- I've been raised on the belief that India culture- the vedas, the Hindu relgion, the tolerance, are the best in the world. But if the people in the country are the way they are, with no meaningful change, with the thought that "this is the way the world is and we cannot change it", indeed embracing that brutal mentality-well does it make sense that I revere the India that could be instead of the India that is?
In the United States, I won't deny that we have problems. We have a ton of problems. We are seen as self-righteous and interfering. But atleast I know this- in the US, I wouldn't be afraid to get on the public transportation. In India, that's a fear every girl has to live with.
Sorry for ranting about this everyone. I just felt very sad today.

Sanaa,

Every time I am thinking of the girl, my body shudders. Can't help it.

@bold
Its since 2004 or 2005  General Elections in Hyderabad, that I stopped thinking of India as anything. It happened when I backed out of the voting queue unable to make myself vote for the election candidate even as I wanted his Party to win the election.

Not the politicians, but the people foremost should be inspiring, Either I had not assimilated into Hyd politics and its importance to National level politics or I had not assimilated myself with Hyd mileau. Eitherways, I felt a big time loser that day for not giving vote to the party that I wanted to win, that I was disillusioned with everything there and I saw no hope for myself ...in the so called political democracy and I had no idea what part I was going to play as the country's citizen. Except for the voting rights and paying tax every year, I had no other contribution to the country in civic life betterment, city administration or enforcing Law and Order and Getting Justice. These are the duties of a good Government. And I had not the chance to select anyone of my choice, there would never be any leaders that we like until one of us decided to enter politics and I had no chance even to criticize the Govt. Even Media was fake and is fake now.

In 2006, saw for the first time, Police station, staff and their treatment of "the not yet chargesheeted accused", saw the court administraion, the open bribery, abusing...Pretty much did not understand how we have to live on when all our ideals are shattered...

My English teacher from my 14th to 17th year in school...Neelam Katara ...she inspires me now. I heard later in 2008 that her son Nitish Katara was killed by Politician D P Yadav's sons...a case of Honor Killing (for their sister;s honor or whatever).  Its there all over the Internet. She may enter politics one of these days by the likes of it. Media keeps calling her to ask her opinion. But I remember her for the person she was in school and later how she fought against the system to fight for justice. If I can become anything like my mother and her, I would be grateful to God. That's enough to make me grounded with basic sense of humanity and nothing to bother about honor for one country. For what is the use of respecting a nation state, when it does not respect its own people. Bhaad mei jaaye Patriotism and Desh Bhakti !!!!
I can't fathom how bad things are for women in India. I haven't grown up in that environment and it makes me cringe every-time I hear such despicable acts against the most basic rights as humans.

But it's not just women in India- it's women all around the world who are hurt everyday and everyone remains silent. It very scary how much fear there is to being a woman. And its not that I think men are not victims as well-it's just, as a woman, I feel that we are almost invisible in our suffering.
There is a lack of good people in leadership positions, and it's always the people of the countries who suffer, with the politicians doing nothing but getting fatter and greedier. It's disgusting.
RIP Amanat!

In a way, i feel it's better she is no more. Living in India, am sure she would have never been able to move on and would have been tormented for her entire life, however strong-willed she is. 

And these rapists seriously need to be pelted to death!! They are just disgusting

This is just my opinion and not intended to hurt anyone. If anyone is hurt, i shall edit it.
I didn't know Smriti Irani was BJP MP now. Just heard her speaking in Lok Sabha.

Well she has powerful voice.

May her soul rest in peace...

I am deeply disturbed like many others with what happened in Delhi...and its scary to look at the
statistics of sexual assaults in India with one in every 22 minutes and more than 600 😲 in Delhi alone this year...shows how unsafe India is and this is the so called progress we have made...Even more shocking are the comments by our so called leaders...A member of parliament calling the protesters "painted and dented" 😲...what more can we say of the mindset and regressive thinking of our society... A midst all this,its very soothing to see so many young people come out to show their support to the girl and protesting for better governance ...raises my hopes... 
Originally posted by leelaa9

Shruti, I had no idea today is your birthday.😲😕
Belatedly wishing you a happy birthday, and a great year ahead, dear.🥳

Thanks a lot Leela... so sweet of you... I had good time
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Namzz,

She paints and she is learning dance as well. Did you see her FB page ? The link is in her FB page.

I used to be a Teacher... Not now... I was taking drawing class at home... for 3 years now..
It was the best part of my day.. after working 9-5... I would be happy to teach these kids...

with time.. students reduced and and I hate battamiiz bachhe... she back-answered and  were too spoiled to be taught...

So I quit teaching... and now I am focusing on my drawing.. :D
There is so much to learn... experimenting.. that is it...
@ALL - Looks like MB is going to be telecasted Monday  through Saturday as per the promo links posted in the main forum. Wow! it's good news for the viewers to see their favorite shows 6 days a week. I can understand the channel wanting to cash in on the TRPs of their most popular shows so they could top the GEC charts. But I wonder what might have been the reaction of the PH, actors and the rest of the crew.

As is, they work anywhere from 12 to 14 hours for the show to be on air 5 days a week. I personally don't like the idea of weekend telecast unless it is absolutely needed for the track where they need a weekend for a special episode which might require more time than the usual time slot. Otherwise, over working the leads and the crew by pushing their limits is definitely not going to bring any positive results. It will clearly show on screen with their performances not being up to par and the CVs might resort to filler episodes/tracks while trying to strike a balance between their daily schedule of episodes and their tracks all the while staying true to their main plot. It is definitely not going to be an easy task on the PH, cast and the crew. Just when VD is going to go on vacation and they are banking the episodes for future, the PH and the CVs might now be faced with this dilemma where I am assuming they have no say whatsoever in the number of days the show will be telecasted.