Linguistic correctness..?

The_songbird thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
How worthwhile or worthless do you people out here believe is it to keep pressing on the grammatical linguistic correctness as far as one is able to get the message across, clear and understandable?
 Languages were primarily conceived to communicate and then grammar followed...(i almost freaked out during thoz grammar lectures at school 🤢  )...when it came to using grammar , i was better off than most of my peers..thou i could hardly tell a noun from a verb 😆 ...How significant do u guys feel is to study grammar as a separate discipline ...in d times when languages are evolving at a faster rate than ever and the trend of using 'Hybrid languages' is catching up.

History has been witness to the fact that creative brains have never abided by THE GRAMMATICAL NORMS when it came to writing prose n poetry...(Shakespeare use of super superlatives, poets coinage of new terms)..i still remember how i got into a debate with my English grammar teacher with d same arguments as an 11 year old..it wasn't d soundest thing to do considering what followed🤪..
Jokes apart...I am a newbie (again, a slang) here and would be encouraged by your posts and kind comments ...Happy Posting people !! ❤️

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crazy4KASH_AR thumbnail
Welcome to the forum bestie.
I can't tell you how happy I am to see you here. 🥳

A very nice post sweetheart...👏 👍🏼
Linguistic correctness according to me is very important indeed.
I can't imagine a single sentence without correct grammar.
Grammar is quite important..
Everyone should look after the grammatical aspects while writing every single sentence.
You are not wrong in saying that creative minds often forget grammar.Here at IF,there are so many writers who don't pay heed to grammar and simply write stories according to their comfort zone.I think they do this due to lack of time.But I would request everyone to kindly pay heed to grammar whenever they attempt to write something...

I really loved ur post darling...
Keep coming up with such wonderful ideas.
Love u ❤️
🤗
Muah
Take care!
The_songbird thumbnail
Thanx for the kind reviews..agree with all you have to say..xcpt for the fact that Shakespeare could be suffering from a lack of time 🤣😆🤣
crazy4KASH_AR thumbnail

Originally posted by: The_songbird

Thanx for the kind reviews..agree with all you have to say..xcpt for the fact that Shakespeare could be suffering from a lack of time 🤣😆🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Shakespeare is one single amazing piece my love...😆
I would love to read more such amazing write ups from ur side.
love ya
Muah!
🤗
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Linguistic correctness is essential for one's command over any language to be wholesome. But mugging it up in heavy-duty grammar classes seems highly unnecessary to me. One learns the grammar of a language by practicing it in speech. I pass my grammar in English with full marks because most of the times I write what 'sounds right', know what I mean? Not that I pass by a fluke or anything, I tend to focus on spoken skills. Grammar shouldn't be learnt on paper like some subject, it should be practiced. That would enhance the learning experience. Thing with languages is, there is a lot to explore!