Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

Ketaki Gulab Juhi...

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

amitm2012

amitm2012

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Mohammad Aman sang the Basant Bahar composition 'Ketaki Gulab Juhi' today...my God...what a performance...I was completely spellbound...his taans were at the same quality as those of Pt. Bhimsen Joshi who originally sang this bandish in the movie...

In the original movie 'Basant Bahar', Pt. Bhimsen Joshi sang for the court musician, while Manna Dey sang the same number for Bharat Bhushan, the hero...since the hero is challenging the court musician, we see Manna Dey interrupting Pt. Bhimsen Joshi and ultimately winning the competition...it is actually ridiculous, since Manna Dey cannot even hold a candle to Pt. Bhimsen Joshi and the outcome is quite laughable...although I like Manna Dey in general, it always irritated me to hear him interrupt Pt. Bhimsen Joshi's rendition of this beautiful composition...I am sure that without this interruption, Pt. Bhimsen Joshi would have created history with this composition...

Since Mohammad Amaan didnt have any fake competition from a modern day Manna Dey, he sang the Bhimsen Joshi part in its full glory...how wonderful it was!!...he did full justice toPanditji...I am sure Pt. Bhimsen Joshi's soul must be giving its blessings to Mohammad Amaan today...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ketaki Gulab Juhi..." in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

amitm2012

amitm2012

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged
^^^Good, I hope you feel better after saying all that...I am glad to make your miserable life a little better...vaisey, please visit a psychiatrist and remember to take your medicines every day...

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.