Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Ashutosh Droolers Club - OS /Siggies/ Caps etc! (Page 11)

Post Reply New Post

Page 11 of 47

Sujatha.rao

IF-Rockerz

Sujatha.rao

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 6:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Malvika_rajeev

Lovely update...yeh dil maange more!!!

Thank you Doc Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ashutosh Droolers Club - OS /Siggies/ Caps etc! (Page 11)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sujatha.rao

IF-Rockerz

Sujatha.rao

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 6:18am | IP Logged
Chapter 20

"My God Nidhi, what have you been taking?"

Nidhi was alarmed by the question.

"I've been strictly following the prescribed diet and medication, Doctor! I mean I just had a few crumbs of cake once...but just  few crumbs...and I thought my reports looked normal...is there something wrong?"

"You are glowing, woman! I can't believe the transformation! I mean women do glow during the last trimester but this beats anything I have seen!"

Nidhi couldn't help blushing at that.

"Dr Prabha, you had me there for a moment!"

"Seriously, you look like a walking advertisement for pregnancy!"

Dr Prabha started making notes in her file.

Nidhi smiled to herself. She could hardly tell her sixty year old doctor that she had been thriving on love and sex!

Ashutosh made it a point to come to the flat some time of the day, either before, between or after work. Initially, they worked hard at making up for all the lost moments. With her entering her eighth month, intimacy was becoming a bit of an impossibility, at least in a conventional sense. She could not help blushing as she thought back to the inventive ways of her husband. Yes, she acknowledged him as that in her mind and heart, never mind the law and society. Today should have marked their official coming out, at least in front of Dr Prabha. But, an unscheduled surgery had come up and that was that!

"Okay Nidhi! All is well! I would like to see you again in two weeks time. Like you know, there is a good chance that you could go into labour early even!"

Nidhi was about to get up when the door opened and Ashutosh rushed in.

Dr Prabha was quite aback by his sudden entry.

"Hello Dr Mathur, what a pleasant surprise! Am just finishing with my patient here! Just give me a moment!"

Then, as If a sudden thought struck her, she asked Nidhi,

"Wait, you know each other, don't you? You were colleagues, right?"

Before, Nidhi could say anything, Ashutosh butted in.

"More than colleagues, Dr Prabha!"

He took a deep breath and continued.

"I am the baby's father!"

To say Dr Prabha was taken aback would be an understatement!

"What? I mean...how...but'?"

Ashutosh seated himself opposite her, without waiting to be asked.

He took Nidhi's hand in his, before continuing proudly!

"I know this might defy social convention, Dr Prabha. It certainly defies the law. I may not be able to acknowledge it openly yet, but we are a couple. Nidhi is my wife and partner!"

"Dr Mallika?"

"We have filed for a divorce. It should come through within this month!"

Dr Prabha digested that.

"So, what prevented you from accompanying Nidhi so long? You were ashamed to meet me maybe?"

Nidhi reacted sharply to the note of censure in her voice.

"How could he, Dr Prabha? He had no clue I was pregnant till about a month ago!"

"What do you mean?"

"Dr Mallika's mother is terminally ill. She does not know of their separation. You could say we have all been playing out a charade for her benefit! I thought the only way to get Ashutosh to agree to this deception would be to conceal the news of our baby!"

Dr Prabha exhaled loudly.

"What tangled webs we weave! I don't know what to say. Not that it is in my place to say anything! But, this is a dangerous game you are all playing. How much longer? The baby is due to be born soon. Have you thought of that, Ashutosh? I do not wish to use the word but you do know what his legal status will be. Do you know what that means?"

"Who better than me to know what it is to be a bas***d, Dr Prabha?"

She frowned at that.

"I am not calling you names, Dr Ashutosh!"

"Neither am I. Just telling you the plain truth. I have no knowledge of my paternity. My mother died when I was three years old. I was a street urchin till the age of six or seven!"

"I am sorry to hear that! But your past should have made you more sensitive to the situation!"

Ashutosh held his hands up.

"Guilty as charged but do you think I have not hated myself enough over the last month or so just for this?"

"Hating yourself is not going to change things?"

"Nothing is going change things!" Nidhi interjected softly.

"There speaks your defence counsel!"

Dr Prabha shook her head.

"I don't know whether to admire your commitment or marvel at your stupidity, Nidhi!"

"Understand and accept us as we are, Dr Prabha. We are not perfect. Just madly in love!"

Dr Prabha looked at Ashutosh.

"You have something rare. Make sure you treasure it forever!"

"Will guard it with my life, Dr Prabha. You have my word!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs Trehan smiled fondly at Mallika.

"I am not sad to go. I see you happy with Ashutosh. And I know you will take care of your dad and Adi. My only regret remains that I have not seen you with child!"

"Mama, stop thinking of all that. And you are not going to die!"

"Maybe I will be born to you!"

Mallika did not know what to say. How did she tell her that that would never happen? Nor could it ever happen!

Not because of her intransigence as the world believed but because it was not destined to happen! She had been in London, doing her masters, when a regular medical check-up had seen her diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She had to undergo surgery as also chemotherapy, which had effectively nullified her chances of ever having a baby. Her father was the only one who knew the truth because he had been in UK then on a business trip. She had sworn him to secrecy because she knew her mother would be shattered by the news. A couple of years later, when Ashutosh had proposed to her, she had not wanted to share the truth with him because she did not want his pity. Instead, she had imposed the no baby clause and was pleasantly surprised when he agreed. They had been happy enough, or so it had seemed, till that girl had entered his life. She had been so threatened by the girl that she was willing to swallow her pride and consider a donor egg even, if a baby was what it took to hold him back. But clearly, that was not to be! The girl had already cast her spell on him!

But, why blame her? Clearly there was something lacking in their marriage, there was already a crack that permitted a third person to enter between them! Mallika wondered idly what the girl was doing. Had she moved on? Or was she waiting on the side? She could not make out from Ashutosh's behaviour. They hardly spoke to each other except in front of her mother.

"Mallika'!"

Her mother's voice interrupted her reverie.

"Yes Mama!"

"Will you promise me that you will have a baby? Will you give me a chance to come back to you?"

Mallika suppressed the sob that rose to her throat.

"Mama, for the last time, you are not going to die!"

"I know I am...not much breath left in this body!"

Her breath had started coming in fits.

"Please stop talking, Mama!"

"I won't be able to soon! I want to say all that I have to before then!"

"I am not going to listen. I am going to send the nurse in to you. Besides, I have to check on a patient of mine. I will be back soon!"

"Mallika, what about my promise?"

"Please Mama!"

Mallika walked out of her room quickly.

She surreptitiously wiped at her eyes and looked up and down the corridor. She did not want to be caught crying!

How different the hospital seemed when you were a patient or a relative?

It was a couple of weeks now since her mother had been readmitted.

The doctors had asked them to prepare for the worst this time. How many times had she said the same thing to a patient's family. And yet, why did the doctor seem so insensitive when she was at the receiving end!

Mallika had always been her father's daughter. Her mother had been a quiet, unassuming presence that she had taken for granted. It was only now, when she was soon to be lost, that Mallika fully realized what she meant to her! How were they all going to survive.

Her phone beeped. It was a message from her lawyer. She was reminding her that she had to be in court for the final hearing on Friday. She looked at her watch. It was Wednesday today. Should she ask for an adjournment? Should she speak to Ashutosh and ask him for some time? Could they remain husband and wife at least in name till her mother actually went? So, it would not be a complete charade?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All the best for your delivery, Dr Nidhi...take your time coming back...the hospital and your job will be waiting for you!"

"Thank you, Dr Hegde! Thank you so much for everything!"

He smiled warmly at her as they shook hands. What a wonderful man! Not judgmental in the least! No questions asked about her relationship status or the baby's father! There were a few good men around still!

Nidhi walked out of his cabin only to come to a sudden halt!

Dr Mallika stood right in front of her.

She had clearly stepped out of the lift. Was she visiting a patient here maybe?

She was visibly shocked. Her eyes seemed to stuck to Nidh's protruding stomach.

Nidhi had no clue what to say?

What did you say to the wife of your baby's father?

For she was still his wife, even if only in name!

Mallika gave herself a mental shake. She had to get a grip on the situation.

"You're pregnant?"

She knew the question made no sense, given the physical evidence and yet, she could not stop herself!

Nidhi just nodded.

"With Ashutosh's child?"

Nidhi did not deign to dignify the question with a response.

Mallika could not help admiring the girl. She had an air of dignity about her despite everything!

"How?"

"How?"

"I mean how did you take such a huge step? You know he cannot offer you anything till he is free from me"

She said nothing to that.

"What if he refuses to take responsibility?"

"Is this all you know of him?"

Mallika flinched.

"You can never be too sure! And yet, you took this kind of an insane risk?"

"You call it insanity. I call it love!"

"Does he know?"

"He got to know about a month ago!"

Was this what his strange restlessness had been all about?

"Why did you not tell him earlier?"

"Because he would not have agreed to go be with your mother!"

"So?"

"So!"

"What do you think you are?  A martyr?"

"No,,,,just trying to make up for having wronged you!"

"When did you wrong me? Did you not say that a marriage is only about two people?"

"I did. I may not have been responsible for your marriage breaking. And yet, I caused you pain!"

Mallika shook her head.

"So, what do you want from me?"

"Nothing!"

"Nothing?"

Nidhi shook her head.

Mallika turned away and was about to go.

"Forgive us if you can!"

Mallika continued to walk away without responding!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ashu, have you spoken to her?"

"How can I, Armaan? You know how things are!"

"And you know your baby is due anytime!"

"I do. But with her mother dying, I really don't know how to bring up the topic.

Just then Armaan's phone buzzed.

The call was from Mallika's lawyer.

"Hello...yes...yes...what...are you sure?"

Ashutosh looked at him as he ended the call.

"What did she say?"

Before Armaan could answer, the door was flung open.

Mallika's eyes glittered with fury as she walked up to Ashutosh and slapped him hard!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 25 December 2012 at 7:22am

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

Kuhughosh1993nirman20Candy_jsamit1944jayshreep2rim7Shobha4496jahanaaraBinatsudhajoPoolicioussharma.shivaniSSA777vidyasabdePoojaMishtyAriya22jayasree.raoVeenaperpansy123s_dangerCherishhChitrathanSuvika.parmarA

Suvika.

IF-Sizzlerz

Suvika.

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Hello Sujatha..

just got back from my vacation and read all 4 chapters in one shot...awesome...but you seem to be running off with the story...why? or am i the only one feeling that way? i don't know...but whatever...the FF has come out brilliantly...once again applaud your writing skills...it takes talent to make the readers defend the "woh" in a story and you have managed to do that...without making the "Patni" a black or even a grey one...

superb job! Hats Off!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Shobha4496Pooliciousjayasree.raoVeenaperSujatha.rao

jyotinayana

jyotinayana

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 7:20am | IP Logged
What a lovely Christmas gift! ! Thought I would refrain from asking for an update and be labelled a slave driver! !!!! But you came as a sleigh driver and delivered this! !!! Muah!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jayasree.raoSujatha.rao

Sujatha.rao

IF-Rockerz

Sujatha.rao

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by turags

Hello Sujatha..

just got back from my vacation and read all 4 chapters in one shot...awesome...but you seem to be running off with the story...why? or am i the only one feeling that way? i don't know...but whatever...the FF has come out brilliantly...once again applaud your writing skills...it takes talent to make the readers defend the "woh" in a story and you have managed to do that...without making the "Patni" a black or even a grey one...

superb job! Hats Off!!

thank you Suja Embarrassed

Hope you had a good vacation!
Yes, I have run a bit...cause I wanted to wrap this up before I thought of abandoning it yet again...LOL

Seriously, have i left any loose ends...wanted to tie them up all up...had in fact made a logical error which I just corrected...I had forgotten that Mallika had proposed a baby in chapter 7...so went back and added a line saying she was considering a donor egg...did this occur to you...were you being polite in not raising it...?

But yes, I like positive characters...but characters that are still individualistic enough to offer the possibility of conflict...Mallika's pride is her strength and her weakness..

And thanks again for liking it!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

VeenaperSuvika.

Sujatha.rao

IF-Rockerz

Sujatha.rao

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jyotinayana

What a lovely Christmas gift! ! Thought I would refrain from asking for an update and be labelled a slave driver! !!!! But you came as a sleigh driver and delivered this! !!! Muah!!

my pleasure Dr Jyoti Embarrassed..

And if you hadn't been a slave driver, I would never have got around to finishing this one,,,a blot on my conscience always...so thank you for being one..muah!

vidyasabde

Goldie

vidyasabde

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 7:55am | IP Logged
awesome as usual.

thanks Sujataji.
Mallika is going to redeem herself ?seems so. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sujatha.rao

s_danger

IF-Dazzler

s_danger

Posted: 25 December 2012 at 7:58am | IP Logged
Kya baat hai...kucchh khaas hai zindagi mein...Take a bow, Sujatha...
What next? why did MAllika slap Ashu? is she going to refuse a divorce now? God forbid!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sujatha.rao

Post Reply New Post

Go to top