Arjun

Repeated Topics/Comparisons *Must READ*

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

..Naina..

..Naina..

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
Hi Everyone,

A few things we want to bring to your attention based on what we've been seeing around the forum.

1) The number of repeated topics in the forum is excessive! Every other post seems to be either a one liner post or a repeated topic - and I'm sure you've all noticed how that makes the forum look spammy and cluttered. Rather than having 10 threads opened for saying how awesome the episode was, or how much you liked someone, keep the discussions in one thread so there will be continuity.

Again though - 1 liner topics, repeated topics, whether it's on a discussion topic or for pictures, please keep those in check. If we see such threads open, we'll close them.

2) TellyChakkar articles are strictly NOT allowed on IF. From now on, any article posted from there will be directly closed. TC is in direct competition and hence directly copy pasting those articles or linking to them is strictly not allowed, and they will be closed.

3) Comparisons - We seem to have a new lead. Some of you are excited, others are not. However, that does not mean comparisons between the two actresses will be allowed. That is directly against IF rules and again, any comparison topic will be closed.

Also - instigatory topics, asking who you like better, etc not allowed either. Respect that people have different opinions about the lead. Differences in opinion are generally what make discussions thrive, so let's keep that going in the forum.

4)
No Chatting/Spamming - Please DO NOT chat or spam in the forum. Do not start chatting in topics as they have been posted for discussions purposes. Please try to stick to the topic when replying. Do not go off topic. If it is found that a topic is just turning into a chat thread or members are going off topic the Dev. Team will close that topic.
  • Please discuss the topic or responses in the topic related to the topic. Non topic chatting makes the threads look unimpressive and also the continuity of the discussion gets lost. If you want to chat then please visit the Chat Clubs Section. Posting comments like "TFS" "Thanks", etc. is considered as spamming. Kindly use the button instead. Do not type a message or post reply full of emoticons only. That is considered as spamming and that post will be trashed. Also refrain from posting just Hello's and Good Byes.
5) Help-If you have any Question / Query / Suggestion, please use ~ Arjun Help Desk ~ All Questions Here Thread instead of opening separate topics asking for help. Members are also requested to check out the Help Desk and see if they can help others. Any help topics posted separately in the forum that should have been posted in the helpdesk thread will either be closed or moved by the Dev. Team to the helpdesk thread, so check there for the answers to ur queries.

6) Contests/GOTWs/DOTWs - Please make sure you get the permission of the DT, whether it's Resham or me, via PM before you post any such things in the forum.

SIMILAR TOPICS

It has been seen that a lot of similar topics are being opened. Its a request to all the members to please go thru the topics already posted and if there is a similar topic already open to please join in the discussions there instead of opening a new topic on the same or similar issue.
It does not mean that the topic has to be exactly what you were going to write, but if its similar then you can always add your points in there as well.
This is a sincere request to all members. Please DO NOT open multiple topics on the same or similar content. This is in no way meant to discourage members from posting topics, but its a request with the view to be fair to all posters and all topics. Cause if all similar topics come to page 1 then other topics which are equally interesting and important and of varied nature go to page 2 and receive less views and replies and sometimes totally ignored.
Similar topics do not mean it has to be exactly what you are going to write, similar means based on the same content. If you have another point to make on the subject you can easily do it in that same post. At this point i feel it is better that the members decide themselves what is similar and what is not as i am sure it will not be liked if the Dev. Team starts to decide that or takes some other strict action and neither will Dev. Team like doing or taking such measures, but if this continues we will have no other option but to take some action to maintain the proper working of the forum.

Please keep these rules in mind when posting - they're nothing new. They've all been in place, but we've been noticing more and more problems when it comes to following these rules.  Topics not following the rules will be closed or moved from now on.

Any questions/comments/concerns - please PM me or Resham. I hope all of you understand and are willing to cooperate to make this forum a better place.

Best,
Arjun DT

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

shona16.FieryPhoenix.Faayey.Brok3nSoul.LavenderCrystalAngelic_honeyanu91ll_piya_llshona14_Mohabbatgirl_mushiroxxfunkylicious_TaNi_Love_Arniealiya_beghSneha113shrutisweetyLadyDabanggvidya.anandll-Shilpa-llprava55663

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Repeated Topics/Comparisons *Must READ*" in Arjun forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aliya_begh

IF-Sizzlerz

aliya_begh

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Thanks for d info naina..vl keep all rules in mind while postingBig smile

prava55663

IF-Sizzlerz

prava55663

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Mein toh Samjhgayi..:)

shrutisweety

IF-Sizzlerz

shrutisweety

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
samj gayi

Sneha113

IF-Sizzlerz

Sneha113

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
It was needed naina..i was going to post for such increase in similar topics in the forum..
thanks a lot!!

shona16

shona16

Posted: 26 December 2012 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
thanks a lot naina...this was really needed as there were so many posts regarding the same topic...will keep all the rules in mind while posting anything further in I-F

funkylicious

IF-Rockerz

funkylicious

Posted: 29 December 2012 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Thanks a lot Naina di... Honestly we needed this... I mean I'm personally getting super irritated  and affected with the repeated topics being created!Unhappy but thanks for posting this!!! Hug  I would keep in mind for sure! Big smile

anweshacullen

anweshacullen

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 2:09am | IP Logged
sorry naina, i am new here so i was not aware of the rules, next time i will surely keep the rules in mind
p.s. GUYS I NEED HELP!!! PLS HELP ME GET USED TO THIS FORUMUnhappy

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.