Musings on BS interview *VBs Note Pg 23* Note Pg53 - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Thanks.
Something similar to this situation. I'm a big fan of Dileep Saab's Devada. So when I heard that SLB was making another one with SRK in leasd I was disappointed. Didnt mean that I called and spammed SLB. I decided not to watch the movie as simple as that.

Although much later I did see the movie and was right in my initial opinion nothing to beat Dileep Saab's Devdas.

thats the decision i had taken too!! as most of the sensible barun sobti nd arshi fans i kno here too, had decided to quit ipk soon after arnav dies as v cant see khushi romance other guy  nd also barun fans can see him somewhere else also right!! ppl who loved him as barun sobti more than ASR would nt mind him leaving the show.. so did some ppl here nd me too.. so v never spammed o called !! had decided to quit watching!! but somewhere in my mind din wan the love story to be ruined
Edited by ishqsharma - 11 years ago
Originally posted by ishqsharma

thats the decision i had taken too!! as most of the sensible barun sobti nd arshi fans i kno here too had decided to quit ipk soon after arnav dies as v cant see khushi romance other guy  nd also barun fans can see him somewhere else also right!! ppl who loved him as barun sobti more than ASR would nt mind him leaving the show.. so did some ppl here nd me too.. so v never spammed o called !! had decided to quit watching!! but somewhere in my mind din wan the love story to be ruined

That's exactly how I felt. I did not want to see 1.5 year of Arnav-Khushi to 'mean nothing', so I decided to quit. But those who said we 'have to fight for the show we love.' and blah blah. That was ridiculous. All you had to do was to get rid of your connection and let SP know of your decision and if they do not respond, move on. But using your day for something that'll eventually only entertain... I know better things that I can fight for. The recent rape in Delhi or the killing of Polio workers here in Pakistan and countless other issues that would aid the greater good.
Originally posted by bong.girl

What irks me even more is that the man had no compunction is rendering hundreds jobless.His friends were rendered jobless.  He just sat back and enjoyed the furor. He never opened his mouth and confessed  the truth. His butter wouldn't melt in my mouth attitude is abominable. He should not have adopted that holier than thou attitude or tried acting an innocent martyr all this while , misleading people and fueling rumors.   I shall never forgive him for being so unprofessional and insensitive. 

I don't think Barun, Gul or the PH could open their mouth and clear the air without SP's permission, he was still under the contract and it would've been very unprofessional if he did. SP did it after the SPL event, does that not say anything?

Also he did make it clear that Gul wasn't harassing him, leaving the show was his personal choice but fans did not stop. How is it his fault?
Edited by Emerald- - 11 years ago
The funniest thing is, people who said they'll only blive barun,isn't bliving him now.rather they r bliving random sources.delusional minds always like 2 hear what they want 2 hear.
Nd no coments abt conspiracy theories.the time which i spent on trying 2 make sense of these theories,if i had spent on my studies,i'd have bcome phamous by now:-(
he's no bechara for sure..he had signed the second movie or intended to finalize it before he quit I'm sure..I have no problem with that at all..anyone including myself wd do the same..he deserves to move on to greener pastures..what I disliked is that he lied..he could've been straightforward..what he did was self serving..but not selfish or wrong...HOW he handled it leaves a lot to be desired..having said that I admire him for his guts..leaving behind all the success n the security it brings in order to try new things n fac new challenges is easier said than done..
Edit:

I feel like I'm the only goofball around here who doesn't know which interview this is about. 😳
So if anyone has a link, it will be much appreciated.

About the actual purpose of this post, I have a LOT to say NB, but I shall save my comments for later because I'm headed for the gym right now :P
Edited by Cantthinkofone - 11 years ago
"why the show was shut down because one person quit"

Romeo and Juliet would never have become a eternal love story if Romeo had decided that 

"well Juliet is dead now. I will live and start life anew with another woman"

Some still want to believe in this sort of love.

Khushi loved Arnav even when he was a monster
Khushi could understand Arnav without him actually having to say the words
They had telepathy
Arnav had come to trust Khushi so much that he believed her about Shyam even without proof
They were made only for each other

This sort of love happens only once in a lifetime.

And there is nothing wrong to dream of such love.

Barun once said that "anyone can play ASR". He may have been right. But unfortunately he was the one who played it. And once he did, there was just one problem. No one could have played Arnav.
And it is the same for Khushi.

I remember Gul and Barun discussing in the interview that the show was going to be named "Arnav ki Khushi"

It will always be Khushi and Arnav in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?

For Khushi & whoever -- we will have other shows.

Originally posted by Risha.J

That's exactly how I felt. I did not want to see 1.5 year of Arnav-Khushi to 'mean nothing', so I decided to quit. But those who said we 'have to fight for the show we love.' and blah blah. That was ridiculous. All you had to do was to get rid of your connection and let SP know of your decision and if they do not respond, move on. But using your day for something that'll eventually only entertain... I know better things that I can fight for. The recent rape in Delhi or the killing of Polio workers here in Pakistan and countless other issues that would aid the greater good.

i really don blame them fr fighting fr the show though!! thy were passionate bout the lovestory nd din wan it to be ruined!! so fr ppl who fought fr the show i respect them!! bt ppl who made conspiracy theories which were obvious lies and got disgrace to the barun sobti  fandom  don deserve anybody's respect
I just wish there was as much outrage as there is for Sobti when people were calling Gul Khan names, abusing/blasting call centre employees, people spreading rumors of victimization, making petitions to 'save' the very same person ad nauseaum.
But whoever said the world was equal.

Someone people get unequal treatement. Clearly Sobti does. Good and Bad. People in a unique position of soft power have to deal with it.
I don't condone bashing? of any actor.

But people in this forum have me rolling my eyes. 😆

Outrage about outrage? Seriously.
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Think you might enjoy this, all in jest-
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3321713

😆🤣
Erm... Thanks for the link. we hv so many experts already so. i guess I'll just hv to trust my forum folks so eye and hair pain it must be ;) 

I mean how hard could it be in any case...ok I better stop before this heads towards forbidden territory.🤪