21st-22nd Dec: Hit and Run Case

Muskaan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Brother solves Gurgaon hit and run

Dipak Kumar Dash, TNN Jul 30, 2011, 01.17am IST

GURGAON: In a country where hit-and-run cases are quite common and the culprits get away easily, a top banker (the victim's brother), with some help from Gurgaon Police, managed to nab one of the accused. They had only a small piece of evidence – a piece of broken glass from the headlight of a Bajaj bike found at the accident spot – but managed to track down three accused and the bike. One of them has been arrested and sent to jail.

After techie Munish Dutta's body was found lying in a pit filled with water on Badshahpur Road in Sector-47 on July 12 - two days after he was killed - the police recorded it as a hit-and-run case. His brother, Rajnish Dutta, president of a major private bank, then took it on himself to solve the case. "I saw the broken glass pieces at the site. It had a number and also 'Bajaj' written on it. I told cops to collect that evidence," Rajnish said.

Then he went to Haridwar to perform the last rites. After returning, he went back to the site and visited the nearby areas to find out whether anyone was aware of a late-evening accident at that spot. Rajnish met a woman in Sector-47 who told him that a taxi driver was mentioning some accident involving a bike. The driver had seen the accident when he was ferrying a passenger from IGI airport.

"Getting this lead from her, I traced the cab agency and the driver. Taking his help, I managed to talk to the passenger, who lives in the same colony where Munish lived. Both confirmed that the accident had taken place at 7.45pm. Munish used to cross this spot around that time while returning from work," Rajnish said. The witness told him a bike was involved in the accident and people had gathered at the spot.

Rajnish then spoke to a local petrol pump owner and construction material dealers and found people who had taken the bike riders to a local hospital. "One of the locals told me three men had been injured in this accident, but one of them had fled from the spot. I came to know that an ambulance had been called to the spot and that the call had been made from the police control room. I recorded all these statements in my mobile phone. Finally, we reached a private hospital where the injured were brought by an autorickshaw driver," the banker said.

Rajnish then did some more spadework by speaking to different people in Sector-47 and got to know that three men, allegedly drunk, were on the bike that evening. He took up the case with joint commissioner of police Alok Mittal, who put a cop with the cybercrime cell, Jasbir Singh, on the job. "When he came to me, he had enough information and had done a lot of homework. We worked on his information and the case was cracked," Mittal admitted.

The two then traced the main accused, Sanjay Kumar, to Mahua in Jhansi district. Rajnish spoke to top cops of Bundelkhand and Chitrakoot and Gurgaon police arrested Sanjay. He was sent to judicial custody on Wednesday.

"I am sure the other two others will also be arrested. I have told the cops that the accused should be booked in a hit-and-run case and for causing death due to negligent driving besides destroying evidence. They could have called the police or an ambulance and my brother could have been saved," said Rajnish.

He said that while people like him with a sound financial background and resources may be able to crack such a case, the police might be closing several such cases after little investigation. "If I could do it, why can't the police with their huge manpower do it?" he asked.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ritu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks for sharing. 😊

I salute this brother's courage to not give up and find out the truth and punish those people who did this to his brother. It just goes to show that if u have the courage and strength no one can stop you. πŸ‘

I felt that the police could have been more supportive and they could have done what the brother had done. The police I feel should have been more responsible.
Muskaan92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Ritu567-

Thanks for sharing. 😊

I salute this brother's courage to not give up and find out the truth and punish those people who did this to his brother. It just goes to show that if u have the courage and strength no one can stop you. πŸ‘

I felt that the police could have been more supportive and they could have done what the brother had done. The police I feel should have been more responsible.

You are so right Ritu.
The love and concern of a brother is really very touching. He specially took a leave from his job just to find out the culprits..
hats off to the brother...

And, agree..the police should be more responsible. CCTV cameras should be fitted on busty roads like they have in the developed countries.
Soni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This was such a sad case hats off to the brother for solving the case. Go to hell with the police they were useless.

I love they way he explaind to his daughter to always help the person ineed and dont leave that human alone

Some thing happened to my Chachu 20 years ageo. He went to the market to get some stuff for his wedding which was happening in 2 days. When he didn't come back for two days my family realized that my dads brother is missing. My dads other brother tried to find him but no use. After a while he went to the police station but at that time the police were even useless then they were now. So my uncle did his own investigation and found out that he died in a hit and ran case and he was thrown out on the cliffw and we found the body in pieces but the criminals were never caught even though there were at least 100 eye witness because all that happened near a market.
Edited by Soni. - 11 years ago
Muskaan92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Soni.

This was such a sad case hats off to the brother for solving the case. Go to hell with the police they were useless.
I love they way he explaind to his daughter to always help the person ineed and dont leave that human alone
Some thing happened to my Chachu 20 years ageo. He went to the market to get some stuff for my parents wedding which was happenig in 2 days. Everybody forgot about him. They were enjoying the marriage preparations. Two days after my parents marriage my family realized that that my dads brother is missing. My dads other brother tried to find him but no use. After a while he went to the police station but at that time the police were even useless then they were now. So my uncle did his own investigation and found out that he died in a hit and ran case and he was thrown out on the cliffs and we found the body in pieces but the criminals were never caught even though there were atleast 100 eye witness because all that happened near a market.

Sad..Our law is very confusing. There are many loop holes also. And, the process of conviction is very long. The victim gets justice very late. Just take the recent case of the Delhi Gang rape. The girl's condition is so weak and still she mentioned the names of the rapists but the police will first file the charge sheet and then identification will be done. Now, when the girl has herself told everything, then what is the need to do all this..?? They should be directly given the punishment...the court procedure will last for years and years as in most of the cases...

Hell with Indian laws😑
charu_81 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Kriya.. I have missed this week's Crime Patrol episodes...
Need to catch up...
Muskaan92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: charu_81

Thanks Kriya.. I have missed this week's Crime Patrol episodes...

Need to catch up...

oops..No problem...😊

Here is the first part
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDFrsJUTehI[/YOUTUBE]

Will post the 2nd part soon.