Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Raja Sen lists his Best Actresses of 2012 (Page 16)

Post Reply New Post

Page 16 of 22

preity*zinta

IF-Veteran Member

preity*zinta

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
Throw in PC for her role in Barfi and I'd call it a good list.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Raja Sen lists his Best Actresses of 2012 (Page 16)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Enycedoll

IF-Rockerz

Enycedoll

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by Enycedoll

Originally posted by perfectlystill

Originally posted by desigal90

BUT unless he was screwing Katrina Kaif and only included her for those reasons, I would NOT call it bias.

What? How does that make sense?Confused Here is the dictionary definition of 'bias':
a particular tendency or inclination, especially one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.
So being biased is the act of siding with some particular person/thing, the reason behind the said bias doesn't matter. If I feel that Raja Sen is unfairly partial towards a certain actress, it is absolutely right for me to call him 'biased'.

Wait, u cant just call someone biased WITHOUT A reason. Ofcourse the reason matters. Thats where the biasness comes from. U cant just be biased out of the blue. If u feel raja sen is biased then why do u feel so? Does he have a personal equation with kareena? Is he friends with her? Maybe a hardcore fan? And so on...these are natural questions asked when someone is said to be biased.

"a personal tendency or inclination, especially one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question"  keywords being: personal inclination preventing unprejudiced consideration

Just because u and I don't know a reason...doesn't mean that there isn't a reason...maybe he is a Kareena fanboy...who knows...u are speculating and so am I...what is wrong here is asking people not to speculateLOL...I am speculating based on his actions and his past blogs or articles...He definitely shows a bias towards Kareena...Critics are humans too...ya its OK for him to be a fan of someone and be biased...but when I feel that a critic did not do his job proprly ...I am within my rights to speculate and call him biased.

This is exactly what i was saying, or trying to atleast, to Perfectlystill. Theres a REASON for biasness. And here it is. His blog proves he is biased towards kareena hence the mention of best actress twice in a list that failed to mention other notable performances. The reason matters; biasness doesnt exist without it. And im not just talking about his reasons...the person accusing as well, why they think hes biased. 

desigal90

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 4:01pm | IP Logged

This is exactly what i was saying, or trying to atleast, to Perfectlystill. Theres a REASON for biasness. And here it is. His blog proves he is biased towards kareena hence the mention of best actress twice in a list that failed to mention other notable performances. The reason matters; biasness doesnt exist without it. And im not just talking about his reasons...the person accusing as well, why they think hes biased. 

You are right...there has to be a reason to be biased...but it is possible for me to tell that this person is biased...even without knowing the reason...

Lets say...my friend has fever, headache and  nausea...these symptoms are enough for me to tell that she is sick...I don't know the reason behind her sickness...it could be anything...I will guess the easiest one...FLU...but I don't have to know the exact reason for the sickness to tell that a person is indeed sick...

Raja Sen is definitely biased here...the reason for it...I don't know...and neither do I care...if I had to make a guess...it would be te easiest one...Fanboy...If a see a biased behaviour ...I will call it biased...I don't care about Raja or Kareena ENOUGH to find out the reason in this case...

Nkapoor3

abby_girl30

IF-Rockerz

abby_girl30

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
@Desu...hun you get riled up easily Tongue

You don't like someone's opinion then don't bother replying to them...as simple Smile

desigal90

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
FYI - if a critic happens to like an actor's acting, kudos to the actor.
That is the critic's own personal choice.

Doesn't mean he's a fanboy.
And FYI, even though Raja Sen appreciates certain celebs doesn't mean he's biased. He shred Agent Vinod apart along with Kareena in it when SURPRISE SURPRISE he was known as a Sriram fanboy as well. Shocking, I know.

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
I don't  mind being called BIASED...that is one of the privelages I have just by the virtue of being a mere mortal..LOL

Enycedoll

IF-Rockerz

Enycedoll

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

You are right...there has to be a reason to be biased...but it is possible for me to tell that this person is biased...even without knowing the reason...

Lets say...my friend has fever, headache and  nausea...these symptoms are enough for me to tell that she is sick...I don't know the reason behind her sickness...it could be anything...I will guess the easiest one...FLU...but I don't have to know the exact reason for the sickness to tell that a person is indeed sick...

Raja Sen is definitely biased here...the reason for it...I don't know...and neither do I care...if I had to make a guess...it would be te easiest one...Fanboy...If a see a biased behaviour ...I will call it biased...I don't care about Raja or Kareena ENOUGH to find out the reason in this case...

I see your point but the sickess analogy doesnt work. Because its a very catagorical approach. I knowthe symptoms of a flu and i know why the person has a flu (viral infection). It cant be just anything, theres a cause. Here i guess we can say hes biased, for whatever reason, because he mentions kareena twice and doesnt mention PC. But you see, theres a reason why i think hes biased. 
And i think we can now conclude this ridiculous discussion of biasness to both of our satisfactions LOL ..i see what you meant. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PigBenisblue-ice

Chippeshwini

IF-Sizzlerz

Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
Don't really know much about Raja Sen...

I like this list actually, for the most part, its pretty good.

I'd even give an allow for the double mention of Kareena, cuz she DID perform exceptionally in both mentioned roles

just wish he'd made room for Deepika and Priyanka, don't think they deserve any less than Kareena in this context

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.Neetu_Unleasheddesigal90

Post Reply New Post

Go to top