Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

India-Forums

INTERNET TROLL

amukta IF-Dazzler
amukta
amukta

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
 I was shocked to read the abusive posts and sic!in the stomach.I was just reading through this  and thought I could share this with all the forum members.
Educated people stooping down to such levels really need help .Only sociopaths and  can indulge in such hate words.

An internet 'troll' is an abusive or obnoxious user who uses shock value to promote arguments and disharmony in online communities.

Trolls will post abusive and hurtful comments directed at a specific person (aka "flaming" another person)

The Sad Truths of Internet Trolls:

1. Trolls are immune to criticism and logical arguments. True trolls cannot be reasoned with, regardless of how sound your logical argument is.
  2. Trolls do not feel remorse like you and me. They have sociopathic tendencies, and accordingly, they delight in other people having hurt feelings.
  3. Trolls consider themselves separate from the social order.
  4. Trolls do not abide by etiquette or the rules of common courtesy.
  5. Trolls consider themselves above social responsibility.
  6. Trolls gain energy by you insulting them.
  7. Trolls gain energy when you get angry.
  8. The only way to deal with a troll is to ignore him, or take away his ability to post online.
There are only 3 reliable ways to deal with trolls, all of which focus on removing their audience, removing their power, and depriving them of the attention they seek.
  1. For a casual or emergent troll: completely ignore the person's postings. While it is difficult for most users to to let a troll have the last word, this tactic successfully takes the wind out of a casual troll's sails.
  2. For repeating troll offenders: report them to the moderators of the system. If enough people report the toll, this will often prompt the moderators to take action (see number 3 below)
  3. Have the moderators take away the troll's ability to post online. This will commonly mean that the troll is kicked from the system, or blocked by IP address. Even better is when the troll is allowed to continue posting, but unbeknownst to him: all of his postings are deleted from everyone else's view. This will lure the troll into wasting his efforts while still feeling proud of his childish antics. This moderator move is sometimes called 'muting' or 'bonzo-ing' the offender.
  4. Why Do People Enjoy Being Internet Trolls Ans: it is a kind of power rush or ego trip to be a troll. Being online is a place that is largely free of perceived consequences... an insecure person can get a sense of power online, without ever having to face someone directly. With the Internet being a world of imagination and fantasy for some, cowardly users can forge an alter ego for themselves, and act out their feelings of anger and inadequacy. It's sad and unfortunate that our advanced communications also brings out the darker side of many people.
  5. Dealing with Trolls

When a troll is acting out, some things you can do are:
    • Use the ignore feature. This blocks out the offensive remarks. This is the best way to handle a troll in chat when there is no host present. Imagine the frustration the troll will feel when no one pays any attention to anything it says!

• Leave that room and chat in another room, or walk away from the computer.

• Step back and allow the host or moderator to handle the situation. This is really the best idea when a host is present (along with using Ignore if what is being said by the troll is disturbing or triggering to you). Chatters may think that action is not being taken because they don't see it happening in open chat, but what a chatter does not realize is a lot of interactions that take place between hosts and trolls take place behind the scenes in private chats. A host cannot do the job effectively if the regular chatters are sending private messages at the same time. Please keep that in mind the next time a troll visits chat.

• On the forums, never reply to a troll's message, unless it is to say "I'm reporting this post as a violation." (If you've reported it and say so, a dozen others won't also think they need to report it.) Forum moderators will take action on troll posts as quickly as possible, and we appreciate it very much when community members help by reporting these posts to us.
    Last year the same mess and profanity was their and the poor MOD ..RAMAs had to bear the brunt of it and she of course is no more...she was cursed so badly and poor soul left this world.
    Vijay the owner of this whole site does not take cognizance of the reports ..very sad... couldn't care less and the whole sanctity of the forum is been hijacked by this TROLL..who I am sure knows what he/she is doing...and has no conscience.
    Why should anyone stop posting..It is like after the gruesome Delhi Episode ..will women stop going on the streets and let the rapists hijack the free space..never..please do not get scared and we should continue to post.
    PEACE PREVAIL

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

mdroykiti_gpreetiemusic-a-museKalapidesicrowdtulipbaby53Dabulls23

music-a-muse IF-Dazzler
music-a-muse
music-a-muse

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by amukta

I was shocked to read the abusive posts and sic!in the stomach.I was just reading through this  and thought I could share this with all the forum members.
Educated people stooping down to such levels really need help .Only sociopaths and  can indulge in such hate words.

An internet 'troll' is an abusive or obnoxious user who uses shock value to promote arguments and disharmony in online communities.

Trolls will post abusive and hurtful comments directed at a specific person (aka "flaming" another person)

The Sad Truths of Internet Trolls:

1. Trolls are immune to criticism and logical arguments. True trolls cannot be reasoned with, regardless of how sound your logical argument is.
  2. Trolls do not feel remorse like you and me. They have sociopathic tendencies, and accordingly, they delight in other people having hurt feelings.
  3. Trolls consider themselves separate from the social order.
  4. Trolls do not abide by etiquette or the rules of common courtesy.
  5. Trolls consider themselves above social responsibility.
  6. Trolls gain energy by you insulting them.
  7. Trolls gain energy when you get angry.
  8. The only way to deal with a troll is to ignore him, or take away his ability to post online.
There are only 3 reliable ways to deal with trolls, all of which focus on removing their audience, removing their power, and depriving them of the attention they seek.
  1. For a casual or emergent troll: completely ignore the person's postings. While it is difficult for most users to to let a troll have the last word, this tactic successfully takes the wind out of a casual troll's sails.
  2. For repeating troll offenders: report them to the moderators of the system. If enough people report the toll, this will often prompt the moderators to take action (see number 3 below)
  3. Have the moderators take away the troll's ability to post online. This will commonly mean that the troll is kicked from the system, or blocked by IP address. Even better is when the troll is allowed to continue posting, but unbeknownst to him: all of his postings are deleted from everyone else's view. This will lure the troll into wasting his efforts while still feeling proud of his childish antics. This moderator move is sometimes called 'muting' or 'bonzo-ing' the offender.
  4. Why Do People Enjoy Being Internet Trolls Ans: it is a kind of power rush or ego trip to be a troll. Being online is a place that is largely free of perceived consequences... an insecure person can get a sense of power online, without ever having to face someone directly. With the Internet being a world of imagination and fantasy for some, cowardly users can forge an alter ego for themselves, and act out their feelings of anger and inadequacy. It's sad and unfortunate that our advanced communications also brings out the darker side of many people.
  5. Dealing with Trolls

When a troll is acting out, some things you can do are:
    • Use the ignore feature. This blocks out the offensive remarks. This is the best way to handle a troll in chat when there is no host present. Imagine the frustration the troll will feel when no one pays any attention to anything it says!

• Leave that room and chat in another room, or walk away from the computer.

• Step back and allow the host or moderator to handle the situation. This is really the best idea when a host is present (along with using Ignore if what is being said by the troll is disturbing or triggering to you). Chatters may think that action is not being taken because they don't see it happening in open chat, but what a chatter does not realize is a lot of interactions that take place between hosts and trolls take place behind the scenes in private chats. A host cannot do the job effectively if the regular chatters are sending private messages at the same time. Please keep that in mind the next time a troll visits chat.

• On the forums, never reply to a troll's message, unless it is to say "I'm reporting this post as a violation." (If you've reported it and say so, a dozen others won't also think they need to report it.) Forum moderators will take action on troll posts as quickly as possible, and we appreciate it very much when community members help by reporting these posts to us.
    Last year the same mess and profanity was their and the poor MOD ..RAMAs had to bear the brunt of it and she of course is no more...she was cursed so badly and poor soul left this world.
    Vijay the owner of this whole site does not take cognizance of the reports ..very sad... couldn't care less and the whole sanctity of the forum is been hijacked by this TROLL..who I am sure knows what he/she is doing...and has no conscience.
    Why should anyone stop posting..It is like after the gruesome Delhi Episode ..will women stop going on the streets and let the rapists hijack the free space..never..please do not get scared and we should continue to post.
    PEACE PREVAIL

Totally agree with this !

I actually wanted to post a thread 'rape on/ of this forum ! felt it was a waste of time. No one cares much !Only the dozen or less folks who write on and off.This is the best season of SRGMP in recent times and it is saddens to see this forum like a graveyardEmbarrassed

This forum is like the govt of india. No explanations needed, i guess !Angry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kiti_gamuktaDabulls23

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 10:15am | IP Logged
I'm actually really upset that Vijay has no care about this situation. The only reason the trolls get banned is because the moderators ban the IDs. Vijay really has no care. I've sent him many PMs over the years, and he ignores each and every one of them. I understand he's busy, but IF is his whole creation. If someone is spreading filth on it, you'd think he's be more involved in protecting his site and the good members of it. He could work with the moderators and figure out who is doing it and ban the IP Address.

amuktamusic-a-musemittijalebi

amukta IF-Dazzler
amukta
amukta

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged
I still remember how all of us ..MM..Dabullas..Tulip..Anamika..Jasji.   and Ramas ...many more were attacked by the same troll with the same language.They are writing this nonsense in a gibberish way and I am pretty sure this person is educated having some disorder.Why does it take for any MOD to remove the profane posts from the forums so many days goes beyond my comprehension.With smart phones u can access the thread from anywhere and delete.Vijay has made this a business venture ...as he gets ads and he makes money.Absolutely no social responsibility and no ethical values to maintain the decorum of the forum.Its like trying to chew more than u can swallow and this is the problem...grow and sacrifice the quality and standard.
I hope the owner and the MODS read our posts and take some action.

Edited by amukta - 22 December 2012 at 10:41am

kiti_gtulipbaby53Dabulls23

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 6:16pm | IP Logged
So far today got 3 PMs from these MDIs which I have not read but deleted..

Although C-12 being the best season this section is not a clean healthy section due to the TROLL who keeps ruining the atmosphere..

I do love discussing with the regular members but when u have 9 out of 10 topics created by MIDs with offensive language how can one feel interested in writing..

Vijay B, Priya.nair, Ravjot no one gives a damn abt any one of us..No one cares to keep this section clean or forum to that matter...MIDs know they can keep creating new ids and bash members..He-She is having a field day each day abusing us...

It does not affect or bother me as I ignore and not pay attention..So he-she is not winning over me personally.
music-a-muse IF-Dazzler
music-a-muse
music-a-muse

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 9:18pm | IP Logged

I still remember how all of us ..MM..Dabullas..Tulip..Anamika..Jasji.   and Ramas ...many more were attacked by the same troll with the same language.They are writing this nonsense in a gibberish way and I am pretty sure this person is educated having some disorder.Why does it take for any MOD to remove the profane posts from the forums so many days goes beyond my comprehension.With smart phones u can access the thread from anywhere and delete.Vijay has made this a business venture ...as he gets ads and he makes money.Absolutely no social responsibility and no ethical values to maintain the decorum of the forum.Its like trying to chew more than u can swallow and this is the problem...grow and sacrifice the quality and standard.

Amukta, how right you are.

So are dabulls and tulip.

For vijay, it has become a business without ethics.

my suggestion is this--

Let us all walk out of the forum. 

Dead silence.

let the owner make a decision about how he wants the forum to run. Unless he makes a concentrated and permanent effort to sort this problem out, let us keep out.

This is not letting the troll win. How long can someone go on abusing? If he can, let him continue. Once the ads stop trickling in, vijay will HAVE to take action. Hit him where it hurts most, his business.

Neither the mods or the members are benefiting by writing here. I think, mods should be paid, which will make them sincere and if the members are contributing to Vijay's business venture by spending their precious time to make the forum run and earn revenue for him , they should be compensated by at least not being abused. That is the least the owner can do.

Whoever is making the effort to write in my name, thank you. Am outta this forum till some concrete steps are taken. This is not cowardice, just to make the owner realise that he needs to take some affirmative action.

NOW !

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23

amitm2012 Newbie
amitm2012
amitm2012

Posted: 22 December 2012 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Just ignore that guy...he sent me a couple of messages which I ignored...please remember that if we react to him, we end up recognizing his ability to annoy us...ignore him and it becomes a futile exercise for him...
prafulb Groupbie
prafulb
prafulb

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by music-a-muse

Amukta, how right you are.

So are dabulls and tulip.

For vijay, it has become a business without ethics.

my suggestion is this--

Let us all walk out of the forum. 

Dead silence.

let the owner make a decision about how he wants the forum to run. Unless he makes a concentrated and permanent effort to sort this problem out, let us keep out.

This is not letting the troll win. How long can someone go on abusing? If he can, let him continue. Once the ads stop trickling in, vijay will HAVE to take action. Hit him where it hurts most, his business.

Neither the mods or the members are benefiting by writing here. I think, mods should be paid, which will make them sincere and if the members are contributing to Vijay's business venture by spending their precious time to make the forum run and earn revenue for him , they should be compensated by at least not being abused. That is the least the owner can do.

Whoever is making the effort to write in my name, thank you. Am outta this forum till some concrete steps are taken. This is not cowardice, just to make the owner realise that he needs to take some affirmative action.

NOW !
---------------

Being a music lover and occasional visitor to this forum , I am shocked with the language here. Its OK to have differences but "death threats " etc is too much over a reality show. This is a highly disturbing behavior and I am so sorry for the people like you (DB, Amuji etc) have to face it. I do agree with you M&M ji that we should all boycott this forum.I dont think that a person who likes to see another one dead is a mere troll. Hence I also urge the people who got death-threats to report the same to the federal authorities. Please do not spare such pyscho(s). 

They are usually the cowardly low-lifes who take the gun and shoot innocent kids. If the mod's or owners are too busy / ignoring this filth then not just walk-out, the site itself should be closed down...PERIOD !! 

SHAME !!

Quoting:-
Source:-http://www.justice.gov/usao/briefing_room/cc/internet_stalking.html

A very important tool in our effort to combat stalking and threats via the internet is 18 U.S.C. 875(c) which makes it a federal crime, punishable by up to five years in prison and $250,000 fine, to transmit any communication in interstate or foreign commerce containing a threat to injure the person of another. Section 875(c) prohibits the actual transmission of a threat, which is defined "objectively" as a statement which a reasonable person would understand as threatening bodily injury.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kiti_gDabulls23

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index