Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

TB on Delhi rape: Rupal Patel's views (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

NazimKiDewani

IF-Sizzlerz

NazimKiDewani

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
yeah ofcourse we should pray for that girl she get well soon n see the nasty ppl punishment... Ouch

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-yhm_crazeJustlikethat1Xarinaani_gr

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TB on Delhi rape: Rupal Patel's views (Page 2)" in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ritu-

Coolbie

Ritu-

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
What happened to the girl was sick and disgusting. Dead Those boobs should be hanged to death in public. Angry

What angers me the most is it took so long for India to wake up and smell the coffee. If we would have taken steps before this wouldn't be happening. Its sick how people treat women in general. Dead

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ani_grJustlikethat1Xarina

Chaccha

IF-Rockerz

Chaccha

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
I won't spend time cursing those dirt bags who deserve to be T-bagged over and over, but I do think we should question whether the laws against rape are effective because even with our laws, rape is still a common occurrence.  

Other publicized cases--like Shiney Ahujas--have increased awareness, but now, we're focusing on "not getting raped" instead of "not raping." If we ask women what they do to prevent rape, they'll give you ten reasons---park in well lit areas, have keys in hand, have a buddy etc etc. If you ask men the same question, they won't have an answer. It shows the discrepancy in thought processes of both genders.

There is no sure shot solution to this issue, but I think we can definitely start at the "isms" (sexism, ageism, racism etc) that create differences in the first place.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-Justlikethat1Xarinaani_gr

yhm_craze

IF-Rockerz

yhm_craze

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chaccha

I won't spend time cursing those dirt bags whodeserve to be T-bagged over and over, but I do thinkwe should question whether the laws against rape are effective becauseeven with our laws, rape is still a common occurrence.

Otherpublicized cases--like Shiney Ahujas--have increased awareness, but now, we're focusing on "not getting raped" instead of "not raping."If we ask women what they do to prevent rape, they'll give you ten reasons---park in well lit areas, have keys in hand, have a buddy etc etc. If you ask men the same question, they won't have an answer. It shows the discrepancy in thought processes of both genders.

There is no sure shot solution to this issue, but I think we can definitely start at the "isms" (sexism, ageism, racism etc) thatcreate differences in the first place.

you have hit the nail on the head Rachna!even now the authorities are advising women not to step out late at night,you see comments being passed about the kind of clothes women should or should not wear Angry ..excuse me!so if she is not wearing the kind of clothes these people approve of does it mean she is asking to be raped? how do they then justify so many cases of children being raped?! Angry

ani_grJustlikethat1Xarina

ani_gr

IF-Sizzlerz

ani_gr

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Their life should be made miserable... really...AngryAngry..
The biggest problem in India is there is no law...Angry.. people do anything and get away with it.. As Harini said many go unnoticed.. Where they notice, it takes for ever for them to find and punish those idiots...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Justlikethat1Xarina

Chaccha

IF-Rockerz

Chaccha

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dipsy80

Originally posted by Chaccha

I won't spend time cursing those dirt bags whodeserve to be T-bagged over and over, but I do thinkwe should question whether the laws against rape are effective becauseeven with our laws, rape is still a common occurrence.

Otherpublicized cases--like Shiney Ahujas--have increased awareness, but now, we're focusing on "not getting raped" instead of "not raping."If we ask women what they do to prevent rape, they'll give you ten reasons---park in well lit areas, have keys in hand, have a buddy etc etc. If you ask men the same question, they won't have an answer. It shows the discrepancy in thought processes of both genders.

There is no sure shot solution to this issue, but I think we can definitely start at the "isms" (sexism, ageism, racism etc) thatcreate differences in the first place.

you have hit the nail on the head Rachna!even now the authorities are advising women not to step out late at night,you see comments being passed about the kind of clothes women should or should not wear Angry ..excuse me!so if she is not wearing the kind of clothes these people approve of does it mean she is asking to be raped? how do they then justify so many cases of children being raped?! Angry
Victimization! Gosh, whoever is saying these things clearly is barking up the wrong tree. Who wants to be raped? Shocked Get me a person who says he or she wants to be raped, then perhaps I might try to understand. I can't stand it when authorities blame victims for wearing too little or "asking for it."

There is Denim Day where I live and basically, it started from a judge's ruling in a rape case. The judge ruled that the raped victim couldn't have been raped because on the day of the incident, she was wearing blue jeans which couldn't have been removed unless she unbuttoned it herself, thereby giving the rapist, her consent and that would mean, the case wasn't a rape case at all. CensoredDead 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

yhm_crazeNazimKiDewaniani_grJustlikethat1Xarina

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
This issue and what happened to the poor girl has troubled me for days now.  Not just the crime itself but the reaction of the bystanders who came across the injured, the police, who allowed the bus to go through a number of checkpoints and the politicians, especially the women mps who do absolutely nothing for victims per se and then cry crocodile tears.  This was a hate crime at its most heinous.  Nothing to do with her mode of dress, location or the way she looked.  

As for the attackers?  The death sentence is to lenient for them.  I would prefer that they wore suppositories made of ground up green chillies for every day of their sorry lives. And that is just for starters.   Am I angry?  You bet! 

Chacchaani_grJustlikethat1

singhkir89

singhkir89

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
The indian government and some indians believe that rape can be prevented by telling a woman what not to wear, what time she should out, and who she should be friends with. Are you kidding me? Is that the best solution the govt. has? Why is this "solution" only catered to women? Hell, indian women have enough problems being judged by the society, they don't even have a choice to wear the clothes they want cuz it attracts negative attention? What, are they going to ban women from wearing sarees? Cuz sarees show some skin.. Why don't they focus on the males? Do people not realize that sexual abuse and murder depend on the persons STATE OF MIND!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Chacchaani_grJustlikethat1Xarina

Post Reply New Post

Go to top